Bob Glauber: 10 Things from Bills' Camp

@BobGlauber

Bills camp. 10 things:

1. Rex Ryan has captivated western New York the way he did New York, NY in 2009. Personality change for team is huge

2. Rex Ryan is still chapped (#chapped) about how it all went down w/ the Jets last year. Won't let it happen again. http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/bob-glauber/rex-ryan-says-organizational-differences-were-his-undoing-with-jets-1.10715263

3. Quarterback issue can't be underestimated. Best case scenario: E.J. Manuel matures. He's by far most physically gifted QB on roster.

4. Bills have tremendous set of skill position players: RB McCoy, WRs Watkins, Woods, Harvin. TE Clay. Need just adequate QB play to succeed

5. Richie Incognito is loving his first camp back after being reinstated following Bullygate. Will have more expansive piece on him later.

6. Bills are very deep on defensive line, so will be interesting to see how Rex folds in 3-4. Jerry Hughes could figure as OLB. Lawson, too.

7. Matt Simms happy to have a shot with Rex again, but too crowded for now with Manuel, Cassel and Tyrod Taylor.

8. Bummer about DB Leodis McKelvin, who suffered significant setback with ankle. Can't imagine he'll be ready to start the season.

9. Fred Jackson such a steady presence on this team. Can't ignore age, though. He's 34 and not much tread left.

10. Training camp setup at St. John Fisher one of best in league. Rex can't have a better place to operate.

10a. Rochester Airport is as awesome as LaGuardia is awful.

10b. Flew from Rochester to Cleveland via Detroit for HOF. Detroit-to-Cleveland only 18-minute flight, but trip over Lake Erie is unreal.

10c. Rex takes over AFC East team that finished 9-7 year before, has a QB problem & had a dry-as-toast head coach. Deja vu all over again!

10d. All GM Doug Whaley wants is QB who can win: "If you can go out there & get us to a championship, we're signing you." Put me in, coach!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

why didn't he just call this, "14 things about the bills that everybody already knows"?

actually, maybe it should be "13 things about the bills that everybody already knows" since i didn't know the flight from detroit to cleveland is only 18 minutes. that's pretty neat.

Wow think of those things all by yourself did ya?

So insightful and fresh.

How do these people get paid for this garbage?

Glauber writes for New York Newsday so everything that we've known for months is a revelation to him and his New York readers. As far as they all knew, Buffalo was still buried under 7 feet of snow.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I know it's too early to tell with incognito, but I worry we'll have wished we signed him for more than a year.

Unless Miller is good and we re-sign Glenn, we'll have three solid guys. If Richie leaves, then I'm sure they won't have trouble finding a quality FA to play for Roman. I'm more worried about the

RT.

And also if Roman takes a HC job after a successful season...

Unless Miller is good and we re-sign Glenn, we'll have three solid guys. If Richie leaves, then I'm sure they won't have trouble finding a quality FA to play for Roman. I'm more worried about the

RT.

With the assumption that Roman will be here. He could easily be the HC of another team in 2016.

why didn't he just call this, "14 things about the bills that everybody already knows"?

actually, maybe it should be "13 things about the bills that everybody already knows" since i didn't know the flight from detroit to cleveland is only 18 minutes. that's pretty neat.

Detroit to Toledo is 8 minutes,half of which is spent turning to get in glide path. Flown it a bunch of times. Charlotte to Greensboro is 14 minutes.

Glauber writes for New York Newsday so everything that we've known for months is a revelation to him and his New York readers. As far as they all knew, Buffalo was still buried under 7 feet of snow.

Of course it is. Of course Buffalo covered it up with dirt and sod to ensure it did not melt!

I know it's too early to tell with incognito, but I worry we'll have wished we signed him for more than a year.

I think he will perform very well for us> and he will have an allegiance to the Bills for getting the opportunity.

I thought Glaubers " ten things was just fine" whats with all the negative notes, kids?

Of course it is. Of course Buffalo covered it up with dirt and sod to ensure it did not melt!

yes i read that too . Lol'd

RT.

Ahhhh...the last time richie was in town.....he was pretty sure he wanted out immediately. don't plan on him being here next year especially if he does well. Not his kind of town...........went to Miami after about 8 games here.

Jesus, guys.

If there's any Bills news, you've heard it already. Pipe down while the uninitiated (read: un-obsessed) catch up.

Didn't you make this same post like 5 months ago, in a thread about Incognito nonetheless. Sheeesh stop being so reasonable.