Freddy injured again.

Agree. I thought it would come down to Bryce and Boobie. Boobie is a ST standout, Bryce is not.

Yea ST standout where 99% of the kickoffs are now touchbacks. If I am keeping a RB it is for what he can do on offense not what he can do on ST. This is not a slight on either guy and I like both.

Feelings aside FJ makes the most sense to be cut. He saves the most on the cap and age is a major factor. Karlos can come in and fill in for his short yardage.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea ST standout where 99% of the kickoffs are now touchbacks. If I am keeping a RB it is for what he can do on offense not what he can do on ST. This is not a slight on either guy and I like both.

Feelings aside FJ makes the most sense to be cut. He saves the most on the cap and age is a major factor. Karlos can come in and fill in for his short yardage.

Didn't Boobie have a pretty important punt block? Special teams isn't just kickoffs...

I am not convinced any of the other backs is really ready to be the feature back for a full game. When that happens I may agree it makes sense to ask FJ to retire if the others are progressing.

For me the RB cut question is this: if any one of the other RBs is lost, will the team need this player on the field? If the answer is a clear no, it is time to see if the other items point to the player being worth it (ST, disaster coverage, leadership, opportunity cost, and salary).

Thank god teams still punt!! I'll go with the ST guy when talking about who our 4RB is going to be.

Yeah, 66 receptions last year, 3.5 yds per carry, and clutch in tough situations. That plus people under rate leadership. If you ever played anything higher than 9th grade football you would understand. I would take fred over Bryce Brown anyday.

Fred starts at RB week 1. Bet on it. Shady won't be ready and neither will Karlos. bad Hammies and Appendectomies take about 3-4 weeks in reality. Please don't bring Shady back early-- he tears that thing and its bye bye season...

Edited by 8and8Forever

Fred starts at RB week 1. Bet on it. Shady won't be ready and neither will Karlos. bad Hammies and Appendectomies take about 3-4 weeks in reality. Please don't bring Shady back early-- he tears that thing and its bye bye season...

Well, apparently Shady's isn't a "bad" hammy and there's no evidence Karlos had an appendectomy. Other than that, you're dead on.

Well, apparently Shady's isn't a "bad" hammy and there's no evidence Karlos had an appendectomy. Other than that, you're dead on.

radio this morning was saying that his procedure was to an area "a little further south". The person wouldn't said he didn't know for sure but was saying from the sounds of what's being said and the way Rex was talking and pointing, signs were pointing to something testicular and twisted

Did Fred run over your dog before sleeping with your girl or was it the other way around?

Why say this? Because he expresses a clear and logical point it is somehow based on animosity toward Fred?

Sure glad posters like this have no actual say in decisions the Bills make. How well this team runs will determine their record to a large degree now. We need runners who can carry the load, run through people still, and make a big play. Fred has not been that kind of runner for a few years. May be time to move on.

I think Ryan calling out Brown is the same as his calling out Henderson--he knows the player can play, but wants him to take the next step. He can run fast still, break tackles, make moves and will likely prove to be more durable, has almost no NFL wear on his legs and body.

The Bills cannot make emotional decisions like this poster and still take the next step..

radio this morning was saying that his procedure was to an area "a little further south". The person wouldn't said he didn't know for sure but was saying from the sounds of what's being said and the way Rex was talking and pointing, signs were pointing to something testicular and twisted

a source close to the family said it was definitely not an appendectomy but wouldn't disclose what it was. I think it is what you said, or a hernia.

Karlos can come in and fill in for his (Fred) short yardage.

I saw absolutely nothing in the game last week to convince me of that. I know Karlos is the shiny new toy, but to me it looked like he plowed into the pile and moved it a little. If there's a big whole he can run through it. His vision of finding a hole seems to be underdeveloped at this point, whereas with Fred, it's his bread and butter. Big difference. Bryce seems to be a much better runner (if he can hold onto the football).

As far as Boobie, I re watched the Packer game last week and Boobie is a BEAST and a monster on kicking teams. I really hope he makes it too.

I saw absolutely nothing in the game last week to convince me of that. I know Karlos is the shiny new toy, but to me it looked like he plowed into the pile and moved it a little. If there's a big whole he can run through it. His vision of finding a hole seems to be underdeveloped at this point, whereas with Fred, it's his bread and butter. Big difference. Bryce seems to be a much better runner (if he can hold onto the football).

As far as Boobie, I re watched the Packer game last week and Boobie is a BEAST and a monster on kicking teams. I really hope he makes it too.

Karlos Williams is 230 lbs. and runs a 4.48. He is already the short yardage guy. At 230 lbs. he is the same size as the LBs and with a head of steam will move the pile 2 yards. If his preseason is any indication he is going to far exceed the expectations when drafted.

Karlos Williams is 230 lbs. and runs a 4.48. He is already the short yardage guy. At 230 lbs. he is the same size as the LBs and with a head of steam will move the pile 2 yards. If his preseason is any indication he is going to far exceed the expectations when drafted.

He can also block, and looked very good on the spin move by Tyrod, changing his route and catching the ball for the first down. Oh, and allegedly a killer on special teams. For a 5th round pick he looks terrific. Broke a lot of tackles and pushed the pile.

He can also block, and looked very good on the spin move by Tyrod, changing his route and catching the ball for the first down. Oh, and allegedly a killer on special teams. For a 5th round pick he looks terrific. Broke a lot of tackles and pushed the pile.

If yall say so. Just because he's big doesn't mean he's good. He made a couple of nice plays like the Tyrod scaramble/catch and the TD (Boobie couldn't do that?). But most runs he got stuffed. He was 14 for 40 with one a 10 yard run. So outside of that he was 13 carries for 30 yards. Those are Johnny White type numbers. I was underwhelmed.

He might turn out to be good, but as of now he'd be a big dropoff from what Fred can do (I understand the age thing).

Will be fun to see what he does tonight.

Edited by reddogblitz

If yall say so. Just because he's big doesn't mean he's good. He made a couple of nice plays like the Tyrod scaramble/catch and the TD (Boobie couldn't do that?). But most runs he got stuffed. He was 14 for 40 with one a 10 yard run. So outside of that he was 13 carries for 30 yards. Those are Johnny White type numbers. I was underwhelmed.

He might turn out to be good, but as of now he'd be a big dropoff from what Fred can do (I understand the age thing).

He won't be doing anything tonight, or the next couple weeks

It was only one game so we don't know. But it's not like he was missing holes or huge lanes. Most of the time he was making something out of nothing and there were guys all around him as soon as he touched the ball. I was impressed by some three yard runs when he should have got zero.