Freddy injured again.

He can also block, and looked very good on the spin move by Tyrod, changing his route and catching the ball for the first down. Oh, and allegedly a killer on special teams. For a 5th round pick he looks terrific. Broke a lot of tackles and pushed the pile.

I admit that I wasn't a fan of the pick at the time. I thought that the RB depth (McCoy, Fred, Boobie and Brown) was more than sufficient. I just didn't see a spot for him. I was wrong. He is the a skilled bruiser with good speed (a poor man's Marshawn). Karlos will be a really important part of this team moving forward.

If yall say so. Just because he's big doesn't mean he's good. He made a couple of nice plays like the Tyrod scaramble/catch and the TD (Boobie couldn't do that?). But most runs he got stuffed. He was 14 for 40 with one a 10 yard run. So outside of that he was 13 carries for 30 yards. Those are Johnny White type numbers. I was underwhelmed.

He might turn out to be good, but as of now he'd be a big dropoff from what Fred can do (I understand the age thing).

Will be fun to see what he does tonight.

The coaches and reporters have raved about him this offseason.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why say this? Because he expresses a clear and logical point it is somehow based on animosity toward Fred?

Sure glad posters like this have no actual say in decisions the Bills make. How well this team runs will determine their record to a large degree now. We need runners who can carry the load, run through people still, and make a big play. Fred has not been that kind of runner for a few years. May be time to move on.

I think Ryan calling out Brown is the same as his calling out Henderson--he knows the player can play, but wants him to take the next step. He can run fast still, break tackles, make moves and will likely prove to be more durable, has almost no NFL wear on his legs and body.

The Bills cannot make emotional decisions like this poster and still take the next step..

If you look at this guys post history, 98% is geared toward cutting Fred Jackson. it's a crusade, not a clear and logical point. Seriously, go back and read his posts.

Why say this? Because he expresses a clear and logical point it is somehow based on animosity toward Fred?

Sure glad posters like this have no actual say in decisions the Bills make. How well this team runs will determine their record to a large degree now. We need runners who can carry the load, run through people still, and make a big play. Fred has not been that kind of runner for a few years. May be time to move on.

Oye! Have you forgotten his clutch run vs the Bears last season where he stiff-armed the safety knocking him on his a $$ to set up the game winning FG?

I think Ryan calling out Brown is the same as his calling out Henderson--he knows the player can play, but wants him to take the next step. He can run fast still, break tackles, make moves and will likely prove to be more durable, has almost no NFL wear on his legs and body.

The Bills cannot make emotional decisions like this poster and still take the next step..

Maybe you should stick to defense.

If you look at this guys post history, 98% is geared toward cutting Fred Jackson. it's a crusade, not a clear and logical point. Seriously, go back and read his posts.

lol, really? Forgot we are not to have unpopular opinions here.

Oye! Have you forgotten his clutch run vs the Bears last season where he stiff-armed the safety knocking him on his a $$ to set up the game winning FG?

have you noticed that those highlights are becoming fewer and further between? id hope a player getting that many touches would have some game changers. citing one of them isnt inspiring by itself, even if a great play.

Okay, I see your point, especially in a few of his posts, ripping Fred apart.

I have loved Fred as a player, thought he was the league MVP the year he went out, and he has been a dedicated Bill on and off the field. If the Bills had any playoff experience and success with him, he may be considered a Bills icon. (Not his fault that was not the case.)

Although in attack mode when he said it, Buffaloed did echo one of my points. He said that the Bills once let their superstar players go when they were on the decline. To me their ability to keep reloading, letting players go when they were on the decline, was vital in keeping the Bills so good for so long.

I think Jackson is too expensive for what he will likely bring this year and that the other runners on the team can really wear a defense down. If we have enough of them that will mean a relentless rushing attack.

But, yeah, his posts are sometimes so filled with emotion and anger that he seems to be doing the same thing he accuses others of doing--letting emotion drive him.

So, shoot the messenger, but some of his ideas are sound.

have you noticed that those highlights are becoming fewer and further between? id hope a player getting that many touches would have some game changers. citing one of them isnt inspiring by itself, even if a great play.

OK, well what abut when he pancaked Watt. Does that count?

True indeed. But he's a leader and will some day have his name on the Wall of Fame. For PR purposes I don't think he goes anywhere. He's that popular.

Okay, I see your point, especially in a few of his posts, ripping Fred apart.

I have loved Fred as a player, thought he was the league MVP the year he went out, and he has been a dedicated Bill on and off the field. If the Bills had any playoff experience and success with him, he may be considered a Bills icon. (Not his fault that was not the case.)

Although in attack mode when he said it, Buffaloed did echo one of my points. He said that the Bills once let their superstar players go when they were on the decline. To me their ability to keep reloading, letting players go when they were on the decline, was vital in keeping the Bills so good for so long.

I think Jackson is too expensive for what he will likely bring this year and that the other runners on the team can really wear a defense down. If we have enough of them that will mean a relentless rushing attack.

But, yeah, his posts are sometimes so filled with emotion and anger that he seems to be doing the same thing he accuses others of doing--letting emotion drive him.

So, shoot the messenger, but some of his ideas are sound.

Serious question...how do you think McCoy would have done in this offense last year? Consider the difference from Chip Kelly to Marrone/Hackett, the difference from Foles to Orton, and most importantly, the difference in the philly o-line and ours. Bryce Brown and Darren Sproles ran free in those offenses too, don't forget. Sproles had a significantly higher rushing average than McCoy last year. Not that I think that's the best barometer, but still. McCoy is a fantastic player. But only if used right. He has to get to the second level to do damage. If he can't do that here either via creative play-calling, or lacklustre line play, he will quickly fall out of favour with the fans here, especially when you take his personality into account.

Just let the season play out. Fred will be the name everyone is calling for to be out there by mid-season. It's always the case.

OK, well what abut when he pancaked Watt. Does that count?

so we are tallying a block, and a stiff arm from last year, and the year prior i hear about intentionally dropping the pass as a high point.

which are all good plays, and the guy is a warrior, and does great turning -1 into 2 yards.... but thats 1 noteworthy RUSHING highlight that gets pointed to in 2 years. im not saying hes worthless or anything, but its trending towards the end. which isnt an insult to him.

Serious question...how do you think McCoy would have done in this offense last year? Consider the difference from Chip Kelly to Marrone/Hackett, the difference from Foles to Orton, and most importantly, the difference in the philly o-line and ours. Bryce Brown and Darren Sproles ran free in those offenses too, don't forget. Sproles had a significantly higher rushing average than McCoy last year. Not that I think that's the best barometer, but still. McCoy is a fantastic player. But only if used right. He has to get to the second level to do damage. If he can't do that here either via creative play-calling, or lacklustre line play, he will quickly fall out of favour with the fans here, especially when you take his personality into account.

Just let the season play out. Fred will be the name everyone is calling for to be out there by mid-season. It's always the case.

I agree that the coaching, the overall play of the offense, and the offensive line play--really, in all of these, the poor coaching was a significant factor--makes it very hard to evaluate last year's offensive players. And I agree that McCoy likely would have been much less effective as well.

But Jackson has looked slow the last few years, and especially last year. And the relentlessness and explosiveness that were the hallmarks of his running style seemed significantly diminished. In the past so often it seemed he was tackled but then he would explode out of the pile and keep going... That is no longer the case.

Yes, I am hoping that those skills that seemed so diminished last year were the result of a poorly functioning team and his injuries, but it seemed like more than that, like he hit the wall. We will see this year...

I would love it if you are correct, that Jackson returns to form and is a central figure in the revitalized Bills this year. I think this can happen via his receiving more than his running, though. He needs to be in open space catching balls and not plowing through a line like he once did. I hope that is how they use him.

However, as much as I would love to see a major resurgence by Jackson, images of him running last year keep popping into my head..

so we are tallying a block, and a stiff arm from last year, and the year prior i hear about intentionally dropping the pass as a high point.

which are all good plays, and the guy is a warrior, and does great turning -1 into 2 yards.... but thats 1 noteworthy RUSHING highlight that gets pointed to in 2 years. im not saying hes worthless or anything, but its trending towards the end. which isnt an insult to him.

So now it's 3 and that's not enough. How many would it take?

I want the best guys THIS YEAR. Screw the future. Besides, the future is now and Fred can still bring it. I'm sure we could find another RB as good as Karlos Williams in the 5th round next year if it comes to that.

So now it's 3 and that's not enough. How many would it take?

I want the best guys THIS YEAR. Screw the future. Besides, the future is now and Fred can still bring it. I'm sure we could find another RB as good as Karlos Williams in the 5th round next year if it comes to that.

you do realize that those 3 plays were 1 rush, 1 non catch, and 1 block over 2 years.

again, i love freddy, but you can see why people would think the end is getting near, right?

Seriously...what is going on here? Now he doesn't have enough highlight plays for you people? Football is more than just what gets shown on sportscenter.

The RBs on this team had to deal with defenders in the backfield before they even got the ball way too many times last year. Spiller couldn't do anything about that, yet Sean Payton knew that wasn't his fault and gave him a 4 year contract. Fred was better than CJ again and did as well as could be asked of anyone in that horrid situation last season. If the offensive line and coaching is an upgrade from last year (and how could it not be?) then many of you will be eating crow. Yet again.

Seriously...what is going on here? Now he doesn't have enough highlight plays for you people? Football is more than just what gets shown on sportscenter.

The RBs on this team had to deal with defenders in the backfield before they even got the ball way too many times last year. Spiller couldn't do anything about that, yet Sean Payton knew that wasn't his fault and gave him a 4 year contract. Fred was better than CJ again and did as well as could be asked of anyone in that horrid situation last season. If the offensive line and coaching is an upgrade from last year (and how could it not be?) then many of you will be eating crow. Yet again.

my point is hes losing his explosion. as a running back, thats a big deal. 3 years ago his long run was 15 yards.

hes averaging under 4 ypc over the last 3 years, has dealt with a bunch of injuries and is turning 35 in a few months. its not shameful to say hes heading towards the door. the guys been a warrior, but he cant play forever. yesterday someone was pointing to adding 5 years to his career by making him a 3rd down back. thatd take him to 39 years old. call me a hater, but hes probably in his last year, and im not confident in whether he will have the legs for that. he might, but its a tough bet.

Edited by NoSaint