Patrick Kane--sexual assault allegations--

Guffalo

What if The Kaner pulled a Bill Clinton: "I did NOT have sex with that woman." ...Hand, cigar, who knows? Something happened and she's not settling and claiming "rape" on top of it

Seems the DA got a bit cross.. He was quoted saying he "could care less" if a settlement is being worked out. What does that imply? Seems like the investigation will go to the grand jury no matter what? They will decide if a crime was commiitted.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it means he's a tough DA and he's going to his own criminal thing no matter what kind of settlement might happen civilly. I think it's total BS.

Maybe I am misinterpreting this? Why is it total BS? Isn't that a good thing? If a crime was committed, would you want the DA to prosecute even if there was a settlement?

Or do you mean the grand jury thing? I find it hard to believe the grand jury? That he is putting it solely in their hands? Is that what Kane means by "respecting the process" and being "absolved?" That the grand jury will come back NOT to indict him? Now if they didn't, couldn't the victim come out and tell her story to the public then?

BTW... Kane's lawyer is saying no settlement is in the works... Contrary to what is being said.

I think it means he's a tough DA and he's going to his own criminal thing no matter what kind of settlement might happen civilly. I think it's total BS.

If there was a crime committed, it's VERY important that the DA prosecutes. RIch people can't be allowed to buy their way out of jail.

If there was a crime committed, it's VERY important that the DA prosecutes. RIch people can't be allowed to buy their way out of jail.

And settlement talks should have absolutely nothing to do with how he is approaching the case right now. He needs to keep on doing his job. If they do come to a settlement, like it or not, that will change the case for Sedita, but like you said, he still needs to continue to do his job.

Exactly. Maybe I am reading his posts wrong again, If so... I apologize bbb.

I actually was hard on Sedita @ first, like many of his detrators. Now, I see the method of his madness. He won't turn this into a clustereff like others cases (Duke Lax comes to mind). Sedita has a rap, but he won't pooch/botch this IF an actual crime committed. I find it hard to believe that 16 people on the grand jury will let Kane skate if the evidence is there. That's a lot of people to side one way.

The process is slow, I think that is what people are frustrated w/.

FWIW... Sedita is seeking a judgeship on the NYS Supreme court (not the highest court in NYS, the appleate court is,). Judges have to make sure justice is blind. Even know he isn't a judge now, he is thinking like a judge in many of the choices he makes. I think he will be well suited for that task. He's back by BOTH the demorcats AND republicans.

And settlement talks should have absolutely nothing to do with how he is approaching the case right now. He needs to keep on doing his job. If they do come to a settlement, like it or not, that will change the case for Sedita, but like you said, he still needs to continue to do his job.

Cambria, Kane's lawyer has come right out and said that NO settlement talks are going on or have been going on. I wonder how the opposite rumour got started? Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Maybe I am misinterpreting this? Why is it total BS? Isn't that a good thing? If a crime was committed, would you want the DA to prosecute even if there was a settlement?

I mean I think Sedita is full of ****, and he will not prosecute if there is a civil agreement. He'll have his out and he'll get to keep his 98% conviction rate.

I mean I think Sedita is full of ****, and he will not prosecute if there is a civil agreement. He'll have his out and he'll get to keep his 98% conviction rate.

Yeah... I understand your take. It does put him in a hard situation w/a hostile witness though.

Again, from what I just read... No settlement talks are going on... She's sticking to her ideals. Something happened. Both are sticking to their sides.

Even know he is innocent until proven guilt... The burden, was on him that night. I simply don't buy the gold digging route, she would have made for a payday by now. He wronged her in a certain way. Rape doesn't have to be private parts to private parts... It can be DNA free.

This seems weird

@ScottLevinWGRZ: CONFIRMED: Lawyers for alleged #patrickkane rape victim will hold a news conference Wed at 1pm Cornell Mansion @wgrz

Gonna be interesting... Think she settled?

"Lawyers for the alleged Patrick Kane rape victim will hold a news conference on Wednesday to address recent leaks and rumors."

They just update the link I posted above.

Doesn't sound like a settlement? Or does it. "Address leaks and rumor" Is that setting the record straight w/all the BS out there?

I Googled "Cornell Mansion" and got this from March 2015:

"Law firm headed by state Sen. Marc Panepinto has purchased a historic Delaware Avenue mansion with the intent of moving into the property this summer.

Panepinto confirmed his firm, Dolci & Panepinto, will be moving its offices from the Main Place Tower to an E.B. Green-designed mansion-turned-office at 1260 Delaware Ave."

Even if a cash settlement is reached, that doesn't mean Kane can't be charged. So the settlement talks, or lack thereof, are really irrelevant at this point. Should be an interesting press conference...

He can be charged, but if she refuses to testify as part of the settlement then there's little chance of a conviction.

What are the odds? Anybody care to lay predictions down? Think she is making bank and settling?? Kane can !@#% me (okay, really not me, but Pooj... we can all get a cut from the "traumatic compensation" claim) for 10 million... Of course against his will... ;-) ;-)

That money would be mighty tempting to sell out one's ideals! :-O