Patrick Kane--sexual assault allegations--

Guffalo

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen that. Sedita is very conservative when playing the game. He's like Chuck Knox... Run, Run, Run, punt for field position. The Grand Jury is postponed... IMO, he is seeing if there is a settlement. If there is, they can still convene the Grand Jury, but that puts other dynamics in place... Like having to take a hostile witness. Given Sedita's playbook... He may not take that risk and just punt.

I can't say I blame him... Put the burden NOT on himself and not take any risk against his political aspirations. BUT, IMO it is cowardly if there is evidence that a crime has been committed, he is obligated to take the lead. Kanes must be trying to hide something if they are trying to settle.

Again... Sorry for not following along and being lazy.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I seen that. Sedita is very conservative when playing the game. He's like Chuck Knox... Run, Run, Run, punt for field position. The Grand Jury is postponed... IMO, he is seeing if there is a settlement. If there is, they can still convene the Grand Jury, but that puts other dynamics in place... Like having to take a hostile witness. Given Sedita's playbook... He may not take that risk and just punt.

I can't say I blame him... Put the burden NOT on himself and not take any risk against his political aspirations. BUT, IMO it is cowardly if there is evidence that a crime has been committed, he is obligated to take the lead. Kanes must be trying to hide something if they are trying to settle.

Again... Sorry for not following along and being lazy.

I agree that if this act was actually committed that the DA being willing to be ok with a settlement shifts the risk away from him and squarely onto Kane's next victim. That is about as cowardly as it gets. Risk the rape of some faceless future victim to save his own W-L record or whatever. That is a joke. I realize that there is a lot of speculation built into my comments.....I'm just saying if the DA thinks this act was committed he should not take the "less risky" avenue.

He's not known as Slam Dunk Frank for nothing.

When the grand jury voted to prosecute the owner of that South Shore bar, who obviously killed Barry Moss in a hit and run, he had them try it again until they decided not to prosecute.

I agree w/both you guys. I know they are allegations too, but serious ones with different dynamics in play say w/the Kobe or Ben R. case. The way the allegations came out is that she was "overpowered"... That ain't no consensual sex where one thing leads to another. If that is the truth, she has NOTHING to be ashamed of... No matter what she may have done up to that point. I know most female victims just want to make it go away, but they need to stop letting these creep of a man get away w/this stuff.

Woman need to trust their gut, instinct, and stop always trying to give the would be bad guys the benny of a doubt. Not following that gut instinct often get a women hurt or killed. It's the way we raise girls in our society and that needs to change. The creeps out there like Kane will always expolit these faults. He could have had any hockey slut on the planet and he goes allegedly after the one that is nice and spurns him. Any reason he wanted and took that one. The nice ones probably see right through him. Hasn't this been his MO for a while. As he paints himself deeper and deeper into a major creep only the sluts will cling to him. You think he likes that? Of course not, he wants what he can't have or what he has alienated himself from. I hope Kane is happy w/being the scum of the earth... Of course he is not, it is everybody else that is to blame in his and the family's eyes.

And... If Sedita shoves the burden on down the line, that will be truly disgusting.

#SorryForAnotherKaneRant

That's the thing about Grand Jury. They are super secret. My wife was called once fro Federal Grand Jury in Chicago. She was like 36 alternate, so she never got called ... Thank God. They only convene once a week I think. She said the judge wasn't playing around and lectured everybody on the secrecy, how it was the conerstone of our legal system, yada yada yada... The judge had my wife scared and shaking in her shoes! One wall street type showed up and weaseled his way out of service... BUT not before the judge breated him and kicked him out. Betcha that douche was happy to act like a douche. The judge actually had a phone on the bench and was calling the bosses of people!

Anyway... People on the jury are not allowed to say boo to anybody! This high-profile case has to be somewhat troublesome to the system?

Why does it seem that I don't remember anybody I knowing serving on a grand jury?

Because it is super secret. I never knew anybody either until my wife was called to serve a few years ago. She was like: "That judge wasn't playing around!"

This was I guess more than a few years ago... I was hoping she would get the Blago case.

EDIT: Or got the Blago case (I would have never known)... She wasn't allowed to talk about anything... BUT again, she was like 36 alternate. She never subbed since a new Grand Jury convened and she was done.

And, of course, Channel 2 says it's not rescheduled as of now.

Yesterday, Channel 4 said there were settlement negotiations. Channel 2 said there weren't.

IMO, smokescreens... They have to get the victim in there around the media coverage. If the media knows the exact time, they can probably put 2 and 2 together. Grand jury is secret anyway. Seems they are doing some dancing around the media.

Frankly, I don't blame them for all the smoke and mirrors. One reason why 68% of all rapes do not get prosecuted is probably the legal system is so hard on the victim. If anything, I hope the system is doing everything they can to protect her and avoid shaming her into giving up. Let justice work it out.

They need to confuse the media all they can being so high profile case.

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/09/11/patrick-kane-rape-case-grand-jury

Almost all slack Sedita as "Slam Dunk Frank"... Including myself.

Maybe, he sees a "slam dunk" and is really playing this investigation well?

We will see what happens, from a victim's standpoint... It does seem briiliant that the grand jury is on a collision course w/The 'Hawks training camp schedule. Will Kaner show up w/the team? Will he show up @ the Grand Jury?

Sedita does seem to be manipulating the media well... Keeping the circus and frenzy down.

I mean, those allegations of "conquest rape" are pretty strong! The minute she went to the hospital and subjected herself to an rape kit is pretty big! Who would do that knowing that they are lying? Somebody really pathological!

IMO, she crossed The Rubicon from day one! And rightly so... That is what all victims should do!!!! Never let up. No quarter asked, none given... There will be time to sue in civil court. The money is there if he really committed this disgusting act of violence.

Here's the USA Today piece. Written by my old friend Dave Staba, former Sports Editor for the Niagara Gazette and stringer for the New York Times.

He used quite a few of my quotes.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2015/09/11/patrick-kane-investigation-buffalo-chicago-blackhawks/72060676/

Thanx ChevyVanMiller!!!!

"“I was pleasantly surprised by how enlightened many hockey fans, especially in Buffalo, seemed to be about the whole thing,” Bedenko said. “There’s a small minority of diehard Kane fans who see the whole thing as being some sort of manufactured witch hunt, or someone is out to get money. But they’ve been very, very vocal and completely unreasonable.”"

Not in Chicago! Read this:

http://www.talk-sports.net/nhl/girlfriend.aspx/Patrick_Kane

Read this from 2013:

http://thecommittedindian.com/evening-reading-last-nights-ci-editorial/