Patrick Kane--sexual assault allegations--

Guffalo

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All evidence is accounted for and located at Erie County Central Police Services. They have the original rape kit.

Right. It was only the bag that originally held the kit at the hospital that made its way to the mother's house. Someone got their hands on that and left it their. It actually looks more like a case of intimidation to me now than anything else. A stupid move, but then again, we're dealing with some stupid people.

All evidence is accounted for and located at Erie County Central Police Services. They have the original rape kit.

So someone was messing with the attorney or the alleged vitcim's family? I mean, he says that the torn kit bag had the nurses initials on it...

Right. It was only the bag that originally held the kit at the hospital that made its way to the mother's house. Someone got their hands on that and left it their. It actually looks more like a case of intimidation to me now than anything else. A stupid move, but then again, we're dealing with some stupid people.

No...press release says the kit "and the packaging"

So someone was messing with the attorney or the alleged vitcim's family? I mean, he says that the torn kit bag had the nurses initials on it...

No...press release says the kit "and the packaging"

Who knows? This whole thing is surreal. Whoever likened it to a episode of L&O was spot on.

Then there's also whatever the result of the investigation into the potential tampering. That will fall on someone eventually.

thats assuming that someone didnt cover their tracks

this could easily be a "no use in pursuing this, look what we are capable of" type of message.

could blow up and get someone in trouble if thats the case but it seems no less logical than the alternative of someone catching it and thinking they should put it on the victims door instead of reporting it properly.

Edited by NoSaint

@markpoloncarz

Today, @ErieCountyNY Commissioner of Central Police Services John Glascott issued the following statement:

CPnJzgPUcAEuAOq.jpg

What does this suppose to mean? What kit does the plaintiff have if everything is accounted for. Who leaked the results of the tests? Am I missing something. Can somebody clarify?

Okay... Disregard my last post, I missed this page of posts... Thanx

Does no one understand the point of a defense attorney?

Yes... That means, do your job and get a rapist off. What's your point?

To leak rumors of supposed test results and imply that the accuser has tampered with evidence?

To attempt to prove their client's innocence?

What does this suppose to mean? What kit does the plaintiff have if everything is accounted for. Who leaked the results of the tests? Am I missing something. Can somebody clarify?

Okay... Disregard my last post, I missed this page of posts... Thanx

Yes... That means, do your job and get a rapist off. What's your point?

Mr. I Don't Wanna Jump to Conclusions over here. My point is you seem to think the defense attorney is supposed to not take advantage of a situation to aid his client. Which makes me question if you understand that he is doing his job. And his job isn't to "stay classy."

To attempt to prove their client's innocence?

In the newspaper? By taking shots at the victim? When you simply saw a press conference from the other side and clearly know very little? mmmmmkay.

That might not be the type of lawyer a sane person would want to hire.

In the newspaper? By taking shots at the victim? When you simply saw a press conference from the other side and clearly know very little? mmmmmkay.

That might not be the type of lawyer a sane person would want to hire.

See this where you obviously don't get it. The defense lawyer is on the side where she isn't a victim. This is why I asked if you understood his job.

As strange as it sounds, defense attornies are concerned with their client's defense. Not what you think about him.

Edited by FireChan

See this where you obviously don't get it. The defense lawyer is on the side where she isn't a victim. This is why I asked if you understood his job.

As strange as it sounds, defense attornies are concerned with their client's defense. Not what you think about him.

Okay... So Kane told Cambria that she gave willingly. Right? Or better yet: "I didn't have sex w/that woman." And Cambria obviously believes Kane.

Okay... So Kane told Cambria that she gave willingly. Right? Or better yet: "I didn't have sex w/that woman." And Cambria obviously believes Kane.

Yep. Or he tells Cambria he did it, and Cambria still has to defend him. That's what defense attorneys do. It's their job.

Doctors have to save the lives of criminals on death row. Defense lawyers have to defend accused criminals even if they're guilty. That's the world.

Edited by FireChan

Yep. Or he tells Cambria he did it, and Cambria still has to defend him. That's what defense attorneys do. It's their job.

Doctors have to save the lives of criminals on death row. Defense lawyers have to defend accused criminals even if they're guilty. That's the world.

He can choose to walk away from him. It is sad that they choose to get the guilty off.

On another note... Here's this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/christinebrennan/2015/09/23/patrick-kane-sexual-assault-allegation-rape-kit-chicago-blackhawks/72700154/

"...The NHL is one of the leading voices not just in American sports, but throughout the sports world. Wednesdays disturbing news screams out for someone anyone to treat this case in the most serious manner possible. This is not the time for Kane to be playing hockey. This is the time for the NHL to insert itself into an important societal issue and demand answers. This is the time for the NHL to lead.

Thomas Eoannou, the attorney for Kanes accuser, said he has been troubled by numerous leaks in the case, all against his client.

This is the worst example of victim bashing that I have seen, he said at a news conference in Buffalo Wednesday afternoon. This has been absolutely devastating to my client. This is a classic example why victims dont come forward in rape cases.

The NHL should care about this alleged victim as much as it cares about Kane, if not more. It should want to find out if Kane is receiving preferential treatment from law enforcement officials in his hometown, which certainly wouldnt be the first time that has happened to a star athlete...."

Sounds like you know the same people I know.

He can choose to walk away from him. It is sad that they choose to get the guilty off.

On another note... Here's this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/christinebrennan/2015/09/23/patrick-kane-sexual-assault-allegation-rape-kit-chicago-blackhawks/72700154/

"...The NHL is one of the leading voices not just in American sports, but throughout the sports world. Wednesdays disturbing news screams out for someone anyone to treat this case in the most serious manner possible. This is not the time for Kane to be playing hockey. This is the time for the NHL to insert itself into an important societal issue and demand answers. This is the time for the NHL to lead.

Thomas Eoannou, the attorney for Kanes accuser, said he has been troubled by numerous leaks in the case, all against his client.

This is the worst example of victim bashing that I have seen, he said at a news conference in Buffalo Wednesday afternoon. This has been absolutely devastating to my client. This is a classic example why victims dont come forward in rape cases.

The NHL should care about this alleged victim as much as it cares about Kane, if not more. It should want to find out if Kane is receiving preferential treatment from law enforcement officials in his hometown, which certainly wouldnt be the first time that has happened to a star athlete...."

Defense attorneys are very, very necessary in the US legal system. It's not sad. It's a necessity.