Bills training camp practice 8/6

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Consensus from who? The national media who automatically presume the QB play will be horrid?

This team won 9 games last year with a putrid offense. They added a professional OC, upgraded the OL, and brought in three stud weapons (Shady, Clay, Harvin) to go along with Watkins and Woods. Oh, and did I mention the defense that was top 5 last year and is now coached by the premiere defensive mind in the NFL?

10 wins should be the floor, and they should beat everyone at the Ralph. Luck is fantastic, but the Colts live off a weak schedule and are not that good on the road. And Pagano is a mediocre head coach.

The Bills don't exist in a vacuum. I'm not saying that we can't or won't beat the Phins (whose changes this offseason I largely consider a wash) and the Jets, but coming away with 3 wins out of those four games is going to be tougher than it was last year. Then there's the Pats**, Indy, Cincinnati, NYG, Cowgirls, and Chiefs, all of whom could easily end up with winning records this year.

I'm hoping for ten or eleven wins this year, but I can't say that either of those totals are the floor. Unless you mean floor for what's acceptable. Playoffs or bust, baby :D

Curious how he's done against Top-5 defenses... he always comes across to me as someone who piles on numbers against bad teams, then throws lots of INTs against good defenses.

I honestly have never seen a luck colts game isn't he known to play his best game in the 4th quarter. It seems like he has his niche in 4th qt comebacks

The Bills don't exist in a vacuum. I'm not saying that we can't or won't beat the Phins (whose changes this offseason I largely consider a wash) and the Jets, but coming away with 3 wins out of those four games is going to be tougher than it was last year. Then there's the Pats**, Indy, Cincinnati, NYG, Cowgirls, and Chiefs, all of whom could easily end up with winning records this year.

I'm hoping for ten or eleven wins this year, but I can't say that either of those totals are the floor. Unless you mean floor for what's acceptable. Playoffs or bust, baby :D

I can't see how Miami's offseason could be considered a wash.

They added Suh, Greg Jennings, Devante Parker, Kenny Stills, Jordan Camron, and Jordan Phillips and lost Mike Wallace, Charles Clay, & Randy Starks. I think they've gotten markedly better on paper.

I checked, and so fat the only O line changes they've made here signing an aging Todd Harremans, and taking a guy one pick away from being Mr. Irrelevant.

Our D line must be kicking their chops.

ESPECIALLY JERRY HUGHES

Has anyone ever seen EJ Fire the ball and see it like a rope go to a WR in a tight space? To me, it looks like he is throwing darts and lobbing the ball trying to lead his receivers. Just don't like his mechanics as it looks like he throws like a girl( no disrespect to women) despite looking like an Adonis.

To be fair... i haven't been there yet. BUT i have read atleast 3-4 lasers they have made reference to. 2 to Gragg and one was a touchdown he found Sammy in the back of the end zone.

I checked, and so fat the only O line changes they've made here signing an aging Todd Harremans, and taking a guy one pick away from being Mr. Irrelevant.

Our D line must be kicking their chops.

They'll also be inserting Jack Mewhort into the starting lineup at RT to replace Gosder Cherilus, and appear to finally be comfortable handing the center job off to Khaled Holmes (who's struggled with injuries and inconsistency).

So 3 new starters on the OL

They added Suh, Greg Jennings, Devante Parker, Kenny Stills, Jordan Camron, and Jordan Phillips and lost Mike Wallace, Charles Clay, & Randy Starks. I think they've gotten markedly better on paper.

Yeah, I don't think the Dolphins will be finishing 8-8 again this year. They had a good offseason.

They're going to fire him when they don't make the playoffs this year and hire good old Doug Marrone.

As goofy as that sounds, I could actually see it happening. When teams fire coaches, they often to look for the opposite of what they had previously.

Going from the rather milquetoast Philbin to "Saint Doug" would be quite the 180, though knowing the way Stephen Ross has been lately, I expect something flashier.

As goofy as that sounds, I could actually see it happening. When teams fire coaches, they often to look for the opposite of what they had previously.

Going from the rather milquetoast Philbin to "Saint Doug" would be quite the 180, though knowing the way Stephen Ross has been lately, I expect something flashier.

Yeah, when I was typing it my intention was tongue in cheek with a sprinkle of truth :)

That would be frustrating to me as the GM. I've built this team for a particular coach and his style. He is terminated for any number of different reasons (beach chairs come to mind). Now I'm going to do a 180 and try to salvage what I built. But maybe you're referring to other situations in which the coach did not scheme for his players at all, or the GM is terminated as well.

Edited by YattaOkasan

They'll also be inserting Jack Mewhort into the starting lineup at RT to replace Gosder Cherilus, and appear to finally be comfortable handing the center job off to Khaled Holmes (who's struggled with injuries and inconsistency).

So 3 new starters on the OL

Well the new starters don't seem to be a problem as much as the quality of starters. Harremans is a decent vet coming off an injury that year, but 70th out of 78 guards puts him in Pears and Chris Williams territory. And he's the best they acquired.

I absolutely believe that even without Dareus, Rex will be able to dominate their O-line all day with 5 rushers. With Gore still kicking, I'd want Brown in, but if we're playing Nickel/Big Nickel/ Dime all game, we still have depth in Gilmore, Darby, Graham, A. Williams, Robey and Duke/Meeks.

Not sure how much better they'll get record-wise, as I think Buffalo improved more than they did--and I'm not a huge Philbin guy.

Personally I think they improved more than we did. Not in a vacuum, but because they have an established QB. We gained playmakers, but are those playmakers going to get an opportunity to make plays? Swapping out Spiller for McCoy is a win on paper, but Spiller can be just as productive if given huge holes which McCoy has benefited from over the years (from what I've seen). Aging Incognito and rookie Miller are supposed to "fix" the line, but really the difference will be coaching, won't know if that's improved until the season starts. Meanwhile, Dolphins have a QB that has proven to be successful, but not great... good enough to get the ball into their new playmakers hands. Gained Suh and a stud rookie DT, so their line is going to be pretty scary.

I dunno... I just don't see myself sleeping on the Dolphins, they don't have the glaring question marks that we do.

Who improved more...Buffalo (Shady, Harvin, Clay, Miller, Incognito, Felton, Darby, plus Rex and Roman) or Miami?

Bills should at least split with the Fish, which is what they did last year.