Article: Can Tyrod live up to hype prior to 2015 season?

Live up to the hype?

All the press on him is that he's a marginal, green, unproven commodity who will have to step it up to win a starting job.

I think he can live up to that hype just fine. Seems to me he should aim a little higher.

This is what hit me at first, too.

Most mainstream outlets barely even mention him after Cassel and EJ, let alone hype him.

The better questions are:

a. What does he have to do to be considered a bargain pickup ?

b. What does he have to do to be considered a FA steal ?

c. What dos he have to do to "shock" the NFL

d. What does he have to do to earn the loyalty of Bills fans ?

My thoughts:

a. Start or come off the bench to lead the Bills to 10 wins

b. Start and win a playoff game

c. Win the AFC

d. Everyone's different - just taking less money to not go to Denver for the chance to start and help the Bills win is enough for me.

I can live up to THAT hype and I'm 52 and fat

Live up to the hype?

All the press on him is that he's a marginal, green, unproven commodity who will have to step it up to win a starting job.

I think he can live up to that hype just fine. Seems to me he should aim a little higher.

I believe a couple former teammates from Baltimore have hyped him. And, Rex certainly thinks highly of him. He tried to get Taylor on the Jets, as well.

He tried to get him to the Jets because we had Brad Smith and Tebow didn't work out.

We needed Taylor to fill Rex' slash guy roster spot. He always has one and this year is no different.

I must have missed "all the hype" the author of that peice is referring to ...

He tried to get him to the Jets because we had Brad Smith and Tebow didn't work out.

We needed Taylor to fill Rex' slash guy roster spot. He always has one and this year is no different.

Who was Rex's slash QB when Sanchez was starter his first 2 years? And when Geno was starter? And where did he hide them?

Edited by Mr. WEO

Why would a SB winning GM allow a quality QB to hit UFA? I know the Ravens had some cap challenges, but their backup QB is Matt Schaub now. And if Matt Schaub is a better backup option than Taylor I'm not sure Taylor is starting material. Schaub is being paid 2M for 2015. And Taylor's deal was 2 yrs at 7M total.

Why would a SB winning GM allow a quality QB to hit UFA? I know the Ravens had some cap challenges, but their backup QB is Matt Schaub now. And if Matt Schaub is a better backup option than Taylor I'm not sure Taylor is starting material. Schaub is being paid 2M for 2015. And Taylor's deal was 2 yrs at 7M total.

Why would a QB who believes he's got starting level talent stay on a team that has an entrenched Super Bowl MVP at QB when he has a choice?

Why would a QB who believes he's got starting level talent stay on a team that has an entrenched Super Bowl MVP at QB when he has a choice?

Why not get a few million (and a SB ring) and stay healthy while telling everyone your a starting QB quality player?

Why would a SB winning GM allow a quality QB to hit UFA? I know the Ravens had some cap challenges, but their backup QB is Matt Schaub now. And if Matt Schaub is a better backup option than Taylor I'm not sure Taylor is starting material. Schaub is being paid 2M for 2015. And Taylor's deal was 2 yrs at 7M total.7

have u ever heard of free agency players can go players can choose where they want to play. What a interesting concept lol. Btw all jks aside maybe he just wanted a chance to start somewhere and Baltimore wasn't offering that opp