Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the transcript of what Kraft said. He's such an ass, and disingenuous creep and scumbag, but his admission is just an incredible thing to say. That I accepted losing a number one and four pick, and a million dollar fine, and said it was for the good of the league, just to exonerate Brady, but they didn't exonerate him when I thought they would.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

The NFL told him, even after he did ALL of that, wouldn't have any bearing on Brady's decision.

*headdesk*

Banishment if Belicheat is actually caught cheating again (part pf the destroyed spy gate non punishment) - Steven A Smith

WOW

are you trying to say that SAS is saying that explicit in the spygate punishment is that any future violations would result in league banishment?

Except that it's not a he said/she said. Brady made the claim about it being a regular practice during his sworn testimony at his appeal hearing in a room full of 40 people. It's a he said/he said and Brady said both. Which is more believable?

GO BILLS!!!

It broke the day of the hearing, too? This is hilarious.

One of the Boston guys yesterday said, after Brady claimed that it was his regular practice to destroy his old phone as soon as he got the new one, that not only did he not destroy his previous phone, but didn't destroy the previous two phones that Maryman was looking at. He's a pathological liar.

Here is the transcript of what Kraft said. He's such an ass, and disingenuous creep and scumbag, but his admission is just an incredible thing to say. That I accepted losing a number one and four pick, and a million dollar fine, and said it was for the good of the league, just to exonerate Brady, but they didn't exonerate him when I thought they would.

I saw that and couldn't believe it. He is pretty much confirming every dark whisper of cronyism he's been accused of. How does a reasonable person expect that accepting a punishment, and then firing two accused conspirators make it any easier to exonerate the third. Maybe for leniency (which it looks like Goddell made every effort to give), but expecting anything else is attempted bribery.

thats part of the trouble when the league offers reductions based on publicly accepting penalties, or increases potentially for fighting them (have seen the threat in the past)

if the rumor is true that brady would have to publicly apologize to have it reduced to 2 and if he grovelled enough it could be 1, its not that crazy for an owner to think that if the franchise steps up and accepts penalty it may help in other considerations.

Edited by NoSaint

I saw that and couldn't believe it. He is pretty much confirming every dark whisper of cronyism he's been accused of. How does a reasonable person expect that accepting a punishment, and then firing two accused conspirators make it any easier to exonerate the third. Maybe for leniency (which it looks like Goddell made every effort to give), but expecting anything else is attempted bribery.

"We fired two scapegoats for this?!"

thats part of the trouble when the league offers reductions based on publicly accepting penalties, or increases potentially for fighting them (have seen the threat in the past)

if the rumor is true that brady would have to publicly apologize to have it reduced to 2 and if he grovelled enough it could be 1, its not that crazy for an owner to think that if the franchise steps up and accepts penalty it may help in other considerations.

I feel like that is pretty fitting considering how publicly they denied everything, and how they publicly said they would fully cooperate and then didn't.

Except the NFL said to Kraft, after he accepted the penalty, that it would have no bearing on Brady's punishment.

I feel like that is pretty fitting considering how publicly they denied everything, and how they publicly said they would fully cooperate and then didn't.

i understand, but i was talking with regards to the kraft quote not being quite as heinous, given the leagues affinity for policies like that. for kraft to think if he sucks it up, it might help other aspects isnt crazy, in that context, was all i was pointing out.

Except it's like a plea deal. Goodell went into the hearing fully prepared to make a deal with him on appeal and then learned that Brady had not only destroyed his phone the day of the investigation but the Pats finally fessed up to it a few minutes ago. Goodell must have been absolutely furious to learn that. And then Brady had the audacity to still say I knew nothing and did nothing. And then they asked the Pats to allow Goodell to talk to Jastremski and McNally, and the Pats said there is no reason to. WTF?! Goodell, rightfully just said screw you guys.

Plea deals are common practice, aren't they? As part of a plea deal isn't admitting culpability also common?

i understand, but i was talking with regards to the kraft quote not being quite as heinous, given the leagues affinity for policies like that. for kraft to think if he sucks it up, it might help other aspects isnt crazy, in that context, was all i was pointing out.

Kraft is retarded.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/05/20/roger-goodell-addresses-deflategate-nfl-meetings/la1eiGXWGHdam5wBUfRfKP/story.html

“The decision that Robert [Kraft] made was his decision,” Goodell said. “I admire and respect Robert as you well know. We’ve had plenty of discussions over the last couple of weeks. This was his initiative and something he wanted to do. And I certainly admire the step he took. We may disagree on things, but that’s not unusual. That happens.”

When asked if Kraft’s decision would affect Brady’s appeal and his hearing of it, Goodell simply replied, “No.”

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Deflate, heat, paste with stickum - they're all equivalent transgressions. You know that!

The lies and cover-up are always worse than the actual transgression. That's why this is so stupid! They should have taken their medicine and just hoped a pattern over a number of years didn't come to the surface somehow.

Kraft: "It is routine for discipline in the NFL to be reduced upon appeal."

Thats what the problem is in the NFL today. Everyone thinks that just by appealing their suspension that it will get reduced.

I know this is usually how it goes but now people expect it.

There is nothing that says appealing a suspension will result in it being reduced.

Does this mean Dareus can appeal and have his suspension lifted?

CBF