Pegula's Approval

Ownership  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Aside from not moving the team, how do you rank Pegula's perfomance so far as Bills owner?

2. 2. Aside from not moving the team, how do you rank Pegula's perfomance so far as Sabres owner?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave him straight A's. Even though he is looking at a downtown stadium (as opposed to a Seneca Mall location...the site of my first gray shirt, gray purple tie and dark gray dress pants at Chess King) he's done a great job. Joe Buscaglia even said as an owner "he's real good".

A++++++++++++++++++++

For the Bills. How could you rate otherwise. They spent basically to the cap on free agents as they realized they didn't have the draft pics to get our offense where we want it. They addressed every issue between the line, TE, RB, and WR.

For the Sabres, I don't have an issue, but I'm not well informed as I jsut casually follow hockey. Kind of embarrassing as my sister is in mgmt for the Sabres, and my whole family are nuts about the Sabres. I only commented as I am not well informed enough to comment. I root for them always though, and see them whenever they come to Tampa each year.

With the Sabres we have the most data. Ran very poorly. Should have nuked the front office. It was obvious it should have happened. Kept trying to bandaid Regier and Ruff's shortcomings with $ which only amplified the issues.

Then took a half measure by firing Ruff. Regier continued to putz around with Rolston and eventually the change did come...

But then that led to a ridiculously long GM search and the whole LaFontaine leaving thing.

Now this.

I like the direction of the team. If results come, the grade should skyrocket... but for now its been the worst period in team history.

Bills is incomplete.

It's tough to say. I wanted a 'house cleaning' just like the sabres purchase and it didn't come.

However I love the moves and am very hopeful for the season.

If it goes well its great. If it fails then pegula will get panned a bit. Kind of unfair waiting for hindsight.

But I'm On board with every move

It's tough to say. I wanted a 'house cleaning' just like the sabres purchase and it didn't come.

However I love the moves and am very hopeful for the season.

If it goes well its great. If it fails then pegula will get panned a bit. Kind of unfair waiting for hindsight.

But I'm On board with every move

so you wanted a house cleaning just for the sake of it or what? besides not getting a qb (the hardest thing to do as a GM in sports), Whaley and company have done a hell of a job bringing in talent.

there's still work to be done, but I think firing Whaley would have been a horrible decision.

the pegulas were a little too patient with the sabres, but I think I'd prefer that over some egotistical owner who is brand new to the game but still demands his/her way. The sabres weren't that bad when they took over and the current staff had taken the team to the Stanley Cup finals. Even during the bills coaching hire process they deferred to Whaley and russ because they've gone through it before. I prefer their slightly more cautious approach.

I think they get an A for both teams.

These same guys have failed at and/or ignored the qb position for years. How easily could we have Carson palmer? Also the joke hiring of marrone. Complete losing culture.

Just like the sabres purchase... a complete license to bring some winners in. The lack of action with the sabres cost 4 seasons now. When changes were made it was half assed. Squandered offseasons... I believe ruff and regier were both fired early in the season when it should have been at the beginning of offseasons.

This could work out here. I hope it does. I'm very excited. But if if it goes south they will look very bad and it's going to take awhile to fix and might take a revamping like the sabres. I still think it was a mistake not bringing in experienced outside eyes like accorsi. Hoping this is a huge season and wouldn't bet against it.

Edited by May Day 10

These same guys have failed at and/or ignored the qb position for years. How easily could we have Carson palmer? Also the joke hiring of marrone. Complete losing culture.

Just like the sabres purchase... a complete license to bring some winners in. The lack of action with the sabres cost 4 seasons now. When changes were made it was half assed. Squandered offseasons... I believe ruff and regier were both fired early in the season when it should have been at the beginning of offseasons.

This could work out here. I hope it does. I'm very excited. But if if it goes south they will look very bad and it's going to take awhile to fix and might take a revamping like the sabres. I still think it was a mistake not bringing in experienced outside eyes like accorsi. Hoping this is a huge season and wouldn't bet against it.

It's not too late to follow a different team. Hate to see you disappointed.

follow a different team because I have a slightly different opinion than you? How mature of an outlook.

I didnt like that there was no changes while in the midst of the longest playoff drought.

I really like the transactions since.

I'm hopeful and excited for the season.

Sth through it all

What a horrible and fake fan.

What I mean to say in this thread is the grade for the bills is incomplete. IF it works out it'll be awesome. If not it may mirror the sabres' transition which I would give a fairly low grade... I'd we are not taking into account stability and aspirations.

I do have little doubt the pegulas will get us there sometime and somehow

Edited by May Day 10

I have an A for the Bills and a B for the Sabres. I think that they have armed both teams with the ability to win. I think that they had the right people in place to run the Bills with the addition of Rex. It took a little longer with the Sabres as the trigger probably should have been pulled on Reiger and Ruff earlier. I think that with Whaley, Murray, Russ, Rex and Bylsma the teams now have the right people in place.

Unlike the prior owners who focused on balancing budgets and profit as their only plan, the Pegula's seem to have a plan the is comprehensive, focusing on building a team for the long haul that realizes you have to spend money to make it. Their business sense, ability to make decisive decisions, and move on from players, coaches, and staff show a level of skill unseen in these two organizations.

Really hard to imagine finishing last generates an A from Sabre fans.

What if you were finishing last for a Peyton Manning or an Andrew Luck? Would that earn an A?

follow a different team because I have a slightly different opinion than you? How mature of an outlook.

I didnt like that there was no changes while in the midst of the longest playoff drought.

I really like the transactions since.

I'm hopeful and excited for the season.

Sth through it all

What a horrible and fake fan.

What I mean to say in this thread is the grade for the bills is incomplete. IF it works out it'll be awesome. If not it may mirror the sabres' transition which I would give a fairly low grade... I'd we are not taking into account stability and aspirations.

I do have little doubt the pegulas will get us there sometime and somehow

You just don't seem to see past the Sabres last place finishes. They were by design. They were targeting Eichel or McDavid. They succeeded. They traded for Evander Kane, Zach Bogosian and Ryan O'Reilly. They accumulated so many draft picks and prospects Tim Murray was able to wheel and deal. How is that not an A?