Dinosaur BBQ now official BBQ of the Bills!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been in the Syracuse area for about 10 years and love Dinosaur too but I at least agree with some of the comments about the prices.

I thought what they were trying to get for Pizza Logs and LaNova last year at the stadium was a little insane so I can see them trying to get 15$ for a slider sized pulled pork easy.

They sell Dinosaur sauces at Wegmans so anyone not familiar with Dinosaur food might be better off with a bunch of pulled pork in a crock pot with some Dino Wango Tango sauce out in the parking lot versus buying it in the stadium.

not according to the miserable pricks in the comment section of the article. I for one am a huge fan of Dinosaur

I'm sure there will be a couple of miserable pricks that will poo-poo it on here, too, but any time you need a dining buddy for Dinosaur, Pooj, I'm your man.

they also used to sell the packaged BBQ and Beans, but they aren't doing that at least down here in the Philly area. I liked having that option.

I have been in the Syracuse area for about 10 years and love Dinosaur too but I at least agree with some of the comments about the prices.

I thought what they were trying to get for Pizza Logs and LaNova last year at the stadium was a little insane so I can see them trying to get 15$ for a slider sized pulled pork easy.

They sell Dinosaur sauces at Wegmans so anyone not familiar with Dinosaur food might be better off with a bunch of pulled pork in a crock pot with some Dino Wango Tango sauce out in the parking lot versus buying it in the stadium.

Best comment to the article:

Be glad it's not Krabby Kirk's...15 minutes after eating that garbage the lines to the bathrooms will wrap around the stadium. There will be a lot of vomit on the concourses too...along with the people who crapped their pants waiting to use the toilets.

:lol:

While Dinosaur BBQ and Smoke on the Water are both very good, I think the dump dive that is Suzy-Q's BBQ Shack is the best barb-b-que in WNY. On top of being the best, it's also the cheapest. The only down side, the ribs are not "fall off the bone" which I prefer, but still very good. The cornbread rivals any other anywhere in the country. Definitely not a take a girl to on the first date type of place though.

It is absolutely on par with any BBQ joint anywhere.

Obviously you've never been to Texas or NC (not to mention probably St. Louis or KC, but I would be just guessing on those two).

While Dinosaur BBQ and Smoke on the Water are both very good, I think the dump dive that is Suzy-Q's BBQ Shack is the best barb-b-que in WNY. On top of being the best, it's also the cheapest. The only down side, the ribs are not "fall off the bone" which I prefer, but still very good. The cornbread rivals any other anywhere in the country. Definitely not a take a girl to on the first date type of place though.

Obviously you've never been to Texas or NC (not to mention probably St. Louis or KC, but I would be just guessing on those two).

I, time for me to be a BBQ snob here .

Ribs absolutely should NOT be falling off the bone. Bit of chew is key to a good rib, and is essential to winning in any BBQ compitition.

In terms of BBQ only being good in said states...could not disagree more. Good Q is about so much more than region...but each region can provide their own unique flavor based on native woods, techniques, sauce vs dry etc. Dinosaur is freaking awesome......for the earth let alone North America... And I live in Richmond where Q is a religion

Cool, I've always heard Virginia is a BBQ hotspot...oh wait, I have never heard that, ever. We're talking opinions here. I prefer fall off the bone to not, I prefer the places I've eaten in Texas, NC (where I lived for a few years and tried many places), and Suzy-Qs here to Dinosaur BBQ. Dinosaur is great and I'll never say otherwise, I just like the other ones better.

Edited by Mark80

Cool, I've always heard Virginia is a BBQ hotspot...oh wait, I have never heard that, ever. We're talking opinions here. I prefer fall off the bone to not, I prefer the places I've eaten in Texas, NC (where I lived for a few years and tried many places), and Suzy-Qs here to Dinosaur BBQ. Dinosaur is great and I'll never say otherwise, I just like the other ones better.

So Pooj opinion on Dinosaur was wrong, my opinion is wrong, but yours is right. Got it!

And yep, richmond not known for q. Tuffy Stone is a legend is a legend BBQ circles and judges the biggest Q competitions cause no Q here in Richmond. Buz and Ned's not an institution that Booby Flay came to challenge as " best Ribs in the Country" cause no Q here.

Peter King just in Minday said can't wait to get to richmond for the Q. But no q here in Richmond.

But your opinion is right, mine is wrong, got it.

I am sure your smoker is much better than mine as well.

Edited by plenzmd1