Do We Have Any Bernie Sanders Supporters Among Us?

That we have a "Two Party System" is the biggest political fallacy of our time. Ever hear of the Libertarian Party, the Liberal Party, the Conservative Party, the Green Party, the American Communist Party? There have been and continue to be a host of others too. But why when we have all these political channels from which to choose to support does it come down to a "two party system" only? These other channels haven't proven viable yet. They don't gain traction with the general population. Why's that? The avenues and doors are there, it's just that not many people open them and enter therein. So how exactly do you see "getting rid of the two party system" exactly?

Yes, I am familiar with some of the so-called third parties. I'm saying I'll probably walk down that avenue and through that door should Hillary win the dem nomination. Was this unclear?

I assume you know what I mean by "two party system" and you do. I agree its imprecise language, but a widely accepted and understood label.

If the race is primarily, say, Hillary v. Trump, I would hope that a vote for a third party candidate might encourage future voters and politicians alike to stand up to the two parties and the money behind them, as Bernie is now.

Edited by Aaron

Kids............................what are ya gonna do ?

I know she'll never vote for Hillary though........so there is that.

So if it's Hillary v Trump she'll vote for Trump right?

Sorry just testing out some of that gator logic.

I don't really get this because Sanders isn't running a cult-of-personality campaign and isn't asking for people's vote on those grounds; his campaign is instead highly policy-oriented. Whatever one thinks of Clinton personally, she's the candidate most likely to implement policies that come closest what he's advocating. Since not voting for her is effectively half a vote for Trump or Cruz or whoever, you're effectively "voting" against his policy agenda, or rather the closest approximation of it that will be on offer in November.

This could be just me; I've never really understood why people vote for someone based on whether they "like" the person or not. It's about policy for me at the end of the day.

That's basically where I stand...

I don't like Clinton, but her policies are much closer to my ideals than the Republican candidates, so if she's the nominee, she'll be getting my vote. I just won't be enthusiastic about it.

That's basically where I stand...

I don't like Clinton, but her policies are much closer to my ideals than the Republican candidates, so if she's the nominee, she'll be getting my vote. I just won't be enthusiastic about it.

Which policy is it that you support?

The trading uranium to our enemies to secure private campaign funding?

The establishing an illegal private email server in order to circumvent Congressional oversight?

The lying to the parents of dead soldiers because it was politically convenient?

The establishing an illegal private email server in order to circumvent Congressional oversight?

The lying to the parents of dead soldiers because it was politically convenient?

So many policies. So hard to choose just one.

Yes, I am familiar with some of the so-called third parties. I'm saying I'll probably walk down that avenue and through that door should Hillary win the dem nomination. Was this unclear?

I assume you know what I mean by "two party system" and you do. I agree its imprecise language, but a widely accepted and understood label.

If the race is primarily, say, Hillary v. Trump, I would hope that a vote for a third party candidate might encourage future voters and politicians alike to stand up to the two parties and the money behind them, as Bernie is now.

I think his point is that the alternative parties exist, and it's up to the individuals to pay attention and embrace those options. In a representative democracy, there's no authoritative entity that decides which and how many parties compete for the vote.

The dominant two party system is in place only because they've built up massive organizations over 150-years, and most people are too lazy or indifferent to do their own homework.

I think his point is that the alternative parties exist, and it's up to the individuals to pay attention and embrace those options. In a representative democracy, there's no authoritative entity that decides which and how many parties compete for the vote.

The dominant two party system is in place only because they've built up massive organizations over 150-years, and most people are too lazy or indifferent to do their own homework.

Right, but in a presidential election, unless one wants to merely register a vote of conscience, there are only two choices that have a legitimate chance to win. I suppose it's possible under extraordinary circumstances, a third party candidate might garner significant votes. Personally, I suspect I won't be voting if things continue along the path they appear to be going.

Just got a text from my daughter............she's at the Bernie rally in Orlando.

She says there is a lot of enthusiasm.

There's a lot of enthusiasm at the malls around Christmas time when Santa Claus is in town too. It's a similar phenomenon.

Right, but in a presidential election, unless one wants to merely register a vote of conscience, there are only two choices that have a legitimate chance to win. I suppose it's possible under extraordinary circumstances, a third party candidate might garner significant votes. Personally, I suspect I won't be voting if things continue along the path they appear to be going.

I always get a kick out of politicians deriding the private sector for being monopolistic, while the only reason these mooks get elected is because the two parties control the nuts and bolts of local organizations. But they got there the hard way over the years by building up the massive machines. I just wish that the public sector would have to live by the rules they set out for the private sector.

So many policies. So hard to choose just one.

I myself choose the selling of U.S. State Department decisions to the highest Clinton Foundation donors.

Always a winner.

Well, I'm partial to her overthrowing a foreign government - including the savage assassination of its leader. Nothing warms the heart of a liberal more than that footage of Muammar being dragged across the road, being stomped on by rebels, shot, stabbed, strangled, and possibly raped, knowing all along that the CIA was instrumental in the fox hunt that chased him down while following orders from the State Department. Haven't seen that pulled out of the playbook since we were tipping over dictators in Central America for the benefit of United Fruit. Good times, man. Good times.

Not old enough to remember George Wallace and H. Ears Perot's independent campaigns for President? Of course with Ears it was personal as things often are in Texas. He would - and probably did sell his soul to the Devil to deny GHW Bush reelection.

Not old enough to remember George Wallace and H. Ears Perot's independent campaigns for President? Of course with Ears it was personal as things often are in Texas. He would - and probably did sell his soul to the Devil to deny GHW Bush reelection.

I do recall Perot, though I think of him as a spoiler who could not win himself. He did throw the election to Clinton without a doubt.

In any event, I can't think of third parties beyond a cult of personality that have been viable in my lifetime.

I do recall Perot, though I think of him as a spoiler who could not win himself. He did throw the election to Clinton without a doubt.

In any event, I can't think of third parties beyond a cult of personality that have been viable in my lifetime.

We don't even have two parties anymore. We have one. Both sides are bought and paid for by the same person so it doesn't matter which side wins any election -- the way they govern on the big issues will be virtually the same.

You can't have a democracy, or even a democratic republic, when everyone within that system is legally allowed to be bought off by the highest bidder.

We don't even have two parties anymore. We have one. Both sides are bought and paid for by the same person so it doesn't matter which side wins any election -- the way they govern on the big issues will be virtually the same.

You can't have a democracy, or even a democratic republic, when everyone within that system is legally allowed to be bought off by the highest bidder.

By chance, who is that one person?