Do We Have Any Bernie Sanders Supporters Among Us?

He did take that into account but since his wife is a teacher, he's basically already on taxpayer funded health insurance of the cadillac variety. He doesn't want to pay for health insurance or college for anyone else.

Ah, I got you.

I think mine just about evens out... but I also have a strong believe in a base universal healthcare option for all, and I wouldn't mind if my overall tax burden increased.

My average tax rate is about 40% and I get free health care. The problem, it was so badly managed that everyone is switching to private.

If you want to see badly managed left of center policies, take a drive through my city. You think USA can actually pull it off?

I think a lot of ideas would work just fine in America, but with how much lobbying, special interests, campaign financing, etc. there is, a lot of our services are far from efficient. I have a strong belief in a universal option of some sort, I think a healthier lower and middle class would be a boost to productivity, and generally drive wealth overall in the right direction (especially being free from bankrupting medical debts). But I also don't think it's something that is possible to pull off in our current political climate. At this point I just *shrug*, do what I can to take care of my own life, and hope for the best for my neighbors.

Edited by Dorkington

Ah, I got you.

I think mine just about evens out... but I also have a strong believe in a base universal healthcare option for all, and I wouldn't mind if my overall tax burden increased.

I think a lot of ideas would work just fine in America, but with how much lobbying, special interests, campaign financing, etc. there is, a lot of our services are far from efficient. I have a strong belief in a universal option of some sort, I think a healthier lower and middle class would be a boost to productivity, and generally drive wealth overall in the right direction (especially being free from bankrupting medical debts). But I also don't think it's something that is possible to pull off in our current political climate. At this point I just *shrug*, do what I can to take care of my own life, and hope for the best for my neighbors.

And you think lobbying and special interests is something unique to America? You think my province doesn't have all that you want except that our budget problems are now almost to the point of no return and we are now almost all choosing a private option because the wait times for public are through the roof.

Unique to the US? Not at all. But is it *more* of a problem here than many other developed countries, yes. It's not so black and white, the scale of corruption. Every country has some corruption of some sort, but that doesn't mean I'll not support systems that assist the less fortunate. A lot of people in this country have to get lucky when it comes to health, and I don't think that's the way any country with our wealth should be doing things. Maybe I'm a naive idealist, but that's just how I feel about it.

SenSanders: "When you're white you don't know what it's like to live in a ghetto. You don't know what it's like to be poor." #DemDebate

Uhhhhh.

Are you kidding with that BS Bernie ?

It sure does illustrate the 'progressive' mindset though............thanks.

SenSanders: "When you're white you don't know what it's like to live in a ghetto. You don't know what it's like to be poor." #DemDebate

Uhhhhh.

Are you kidding with that BS Bernie ?

It sure does illustrate the 'progressive' mindset though............thanks.

Yeah, sure. My wife has foot problems, because she grew up without shoes. Lunch for her was stealing oranges from the orchard she walked by on the way to school.

I'll let her know she's actually black.

Yeah, sure. My wife has foot problems, because she grew up without shoes. Lunch for her was stealing oranges from the orchard she walked by on the way to school.

If she was black she'd been shot or at least jailed for stealing oranges #white-privilege

Neither of which define being poor you idiot.

If you are poor and you are not harshly punished for circumventing certain conditions brought about by poverty you are in reality less poor than those harshly punished- ie Eric Garner relentlessly harassed and finally chocked to death for selling loose cigarettes.

If you are poor and you are not harshly punished for circumventing certain conditions brought about by poverty you are in reality less poor than those harshly punished- ie Eric Garner relentlessly harassed and finally chocked to death for selling loose cigarettes.

Well maybe he should have packed those cigarettes tighter.

So you're not poor unless you break the law?

My dad dug up potatoes and ate them raw on the way home from school. -he still occasionally eats them that way. (peel and all).

Our black families might be related.

Edited by unbillievable

So you're not poor unless you break the law? They say there are no dumb questions but that is a dumb question- let me put it another way, while there are poor white communities just as there are poor Black, and Hispanic communities, I can't think of a poor White community that is policed and governed by a different race, it makes a difference because it seems sometimes when you have a different race policing and governing you they perceive you as being worth less or to be more dangerous.

My dad dug up potatoes and ate them raw on the way home from school. -he still occasionally eats them that way. (peel and all).

Our black families might be related. Well this explains a lot, raw potatoes contains toxic steroidal glycoalkaloids like solanine and chaconine

which can cause DNA damage including to sperm cells leading to the potential of birth defects and lowered intelligence.

Should I just quote my post again here? What made-up definition of "poor" are you using?

So you're not poor unless you break the law? They say there are no dumb questions but that is a dumb question- let me put it another way, while there are poor white communities just as there are poor Black, and Hispanic communities, I can't think of a poor White community that is policed and governed by a different race, it makes a difference because it seems sometimes when you have a different race policing and governing you they perceive you as being worth less or to be more dangerous.

How does your narrative work with Obama in charge of government? Do you believe he sees all the non-black people as worthless? or dangerous? What about Baltimore?

Does the law change because of your race? It's not illegal to rob a convenience store if you're white...

But to get back on the topic of income:

So if a white cop starts policing my neigbhorhood, i've suddenly become poorer? What if we elect a black mayor? I know electing Obama instantly lowered the wealth of America, but does it work locally too?

-What you're basically saying is that poverty is determined by culture. A redneck is considered richer than a thug even if they work at the same Walmart.

Should I just quote my post again here? What made-up definition of "poor" are you using?

I'm guessing it's more about being morally bankrupt.

Edited by unbillievable

Our black families might be related. Well this explains a lot, raw potatoes contains toxic steroidal glycoalkaloids like solanine and chaconine

which can cause DNA damage including to sperm cells leading to the potential of birth defects and lowered intelligence.

Nice to see you are keeping your idiot status updated and confirmed, you POS.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ghetto

Whites in America can't talk about living in white ghettos yet but that time is coming in 2044 whites are scheduled to become an official minority.

How close do you live to the ghetto and how often do you drive through one? I'd love to ask that question of Sanders as well.

This question should maybe be posed to the black lives matter person. Why do you thing the police are "bullying" your neighborhood?