Do We Have Any Bernie Sanders Supporters Among Us?

If you are poor and you are not harshly punished for circumventing certain conditions brought about by poverty you are in reality less poor than those harshly punished- ie Eric Garner relentlessly harassed and finally chocked to death for selling loose cigarettes.

My wife wasn't poor because she's not dead?

Anyone watch the debate last night?

HIllary better hope she goes up against Trump because she and Sanders did everything but spoon each other on stage. Sanders had countless opportunities to wreck her, and he simply played pattycake with her. And whenever Hillary was asked a question about something like her emails, she'd pivot to complain about the civility in the GOP debates and Anderson would just move along.

Up against anyone but Trump, she's screwed because they will be relentless on her answers.

What do you call a low income trailer park, or South Boston?

A trailer park, a rough area not ghettos

My wife wasn't poor because she's not dead?

your wife only became poor after she married you "that poor poor women, married to Tom"

Because the Great Society policies, and all of their off-spring, have incentivized them staying there.

Then why did you bring up immigrants in ghettos since the 1820's since this conversation is (mainly) about blacks in the ghettos today?

Then why did you bring up immigrants in ghettos since the 1820's since this conversation is (mainly) about blacks in the ghettos today?

I don't think you're following along...

My point is that every immigrant group to this country has experienced life in the ghetto. Every ethnic group has experienced poverty, even by the absurd Bernie Sanders standard.

My point is that every immigrant group to this country has experienced life in the ghetto. Every ethnic group has experienced poverty, even by the absurd Bernie Sanders standard.

Oh I'm following along just fine. This conversation is not about immigrants to this country it's about blacks in this country. So your second sentence above is relevant to the conversation. Your first? Not so much.

But why are blacks still there in such large numbers?

Slavery and Jim Crow. You don't shake that off in a New York minute. Culture matters

Jim Crow was just ending as the factory ear was ending so blacks never had wide spread access to those type of jobs which were really benefitical in more ways than just having a pay check. Just sayin

Oh I'm following along just fine. This conversation is not about immigrants to this country it's about blacks in this country. So your second sentence above is relevant to the conversation. Your first? Not so much.

No, you aren't.

Sanders stated that no one could know poverty like black Americans because they've never lived in the ghetto. I've demonstrated that many other Americans have lived in, or still do live in, the ghetto.

No, you aren't.

Sanders stated that no one could know poverty like black Americans because they've never lived in the ghetto. I've demonstrated that many other Americans have lived in, or still do live in, the ghetto.

Got it.

No, you aren't.

The black vote is Sanders Achilles's heel.

He'll never get the black vote when he runs against Hillary because no one sounds more black than Hillary when she says "I don't feel no way tarred."