Tailgating Recipes, Need Help!

I received my season tickets in the mail today and started thinking about tailgating. This is my second year as a season ticket holder and I didn't tailgate much last year. This year I have a brand new truck, a gas grill, making a corn hole set, and need some easy to make recipes to go along with it all. What are some of everyone's favorite foods and recipes for tailgating at the Ralph?

I received my season tickets in the mail today and started thinking about tailgating. This is my second year as a season ticket holder and I didn't tailgate much last year. This year I have a brand new truck, a gas grill, making a corn hole set, and need some easy to make recipes to go along with it all. What are some of everyone's favorite foods and recipes for tailgating at the Ralph?

Meat.

Veal steaks, lamb chops, beef steak, beer can chicken.

DO IT

I like to halve those mini bell peppers and stuff them with a mix of sausage, mushroom, onions, egg, mozz, and a little breadcrumb. THen cover it all in cheese, layer them in a tinfoil pan, and cook on the grill. INdrect is best, but direct is nice to, because the peppers actually roast.

Ribs can be done in about 1.5 - 2 hours. Nowhere near as good as cooking them for several hours but if you have a top rack on your grill you can cook them four about an hour and then start grilling other things (hot dogs, burgers, etc)

Obviously depends on time of year.

You can cook whatever, however in Sep. and Oct. I do the food planning and cooking in our group. We usually do eggs benedict/McMuffins while the rest of our crew is setting up. This is also to get something in stomachs before the alcohol starts to flow. Eggs Benedict is purely about me being an ostentatious buffoon, though.

I like only having to cook one thing for lunch, and merely heating the rest up. I will usually do slow cooker BBQ beef or pulled pork on Saturday(lots of good recipes for this, especially the ones that use soda, I also like to use Arizona Green Tea), then all I have to do start heating it ~9 am. Our top three things to cook are either ribs(which we already partially cooked in the oven on Saturday), speedies, or this grilled sausage/mustard thing my brother in law does that makes a mess but is totally worth it. Usually we do all 3 with the whole crew. Key: all of these can be put into buns in case it gets cold/rainy.

We always hang out after the game. What is the point of sitting in traffic when you can be eating dinner, which you have to do anyway? That's why we cook a lot before the game, the leftovers are easy to reheat.

When it's cold, it's McMuffins and then Chili, or anything else you can eat with a spoon/without taking off gloves.

Also, it helps to have a secret tailgate spot that lets you use a real bathroom(chicks dig it) and real electricity. ;) Hammer's lot is also quite useful. Private lots near the Big Tree = winning.

Crock Pot, a block of Velveeta Cheese, 2 lbs of cooked beef and a jar of salsa. Cut the cheese up into cubes, throw them in the crock pot. Enjoy with Nachos or on Burgers/Hot dogs. So easy and so good

Edited by Gregthekeg

This is a great topic and the ideal place for me to state that a lot of people's "cool" tailgate/party recipes are simply God-awful. I can't even think of a good example right now, probably because I have blocked them out of my mind. If a recipe sounds weird, please skip it for the sake of the other guests. Also, people should try to plan so as not to waste half the food brought to a tailgate. Don't bring things with mayonnaise as an ingredient when it's hot out. Now that I got that off my chest.... Chili or soup in a crockpot is ideal for cold games. So is hot apple cider mixed with SoCo. Just don't add the SoCo until you actually pour the hot cider into a mug, or it will evaporate off the top. Whole beef tenderloin, marinated and then dry rubbed and grilled over charcoal, sliced and served on rolls with nothing else is probably my personal favorite, but it's also a costly endeavor. If you're short on time, pick up a pizza and/or wings. Both reheat great on a grill and make people happy. Eat before you drink. This is the key to not ending up puking and passing out in a ditch. Lastly, beer is perfect for early and late season games.

Edited by TheJuice

Here is an easy one we have pulled off a handful of times.

Order a bucket of dry wings, (no sauce), the night before then day of the game load them up with a BBQ sauce of your choice and toss them on the grill until the sauce blackens up.

Doesn't require much prep time, if any at all, and it has always made a lot of people happy at our tailgates.

Unfortunately I do my tailgating from my house in fla but when I do go to the fins game I usually make the following depending on crowd:

Jalapeno's stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon

Wings are always a must

Marinated skirt steak to make gyros, add fresh pitas, tatziki, lettuce, tomato, onion and cucumber

after the game I pull out the Italian sub: Large french or Italian bread loaf, Baked ham, genoa salami, cappicola and proscuitto. add let, tom, onion and oil n vin etc.

Crock Pot, a block of Velveeta Cheese, 2 lbs of cooked beef and a jar of salsa. Cut the cheese up into cubes, throw them in the crock pot. Enjoy with Nachos or on Burgers/Hot dogs. So easy and so good

I make a variation of this with spicy sausage and a can of hot rotel tomatoes and peppers. nice and spicy and you cant stop eating it. cheap and easy