Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer arrested (Suspended 6 games)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the players were really gravitating toward him and his teaching. This sucks.

You think he gets fired over this? Teenagers were not just innocently out fishing at 1:30am. Kromer should not have touched them but unless he is a complete jerk, (in which case I want him gone) he had to be provoked.

The WGR report tells what happened according to the kids but how much is truth & how much COULD BE a punk kid pissed because he got caught & put a bit of exaggeration in his story to make himself & his buddies look like the victim ?

If what was stated in the report is true Kromer needs some anger management help !! of course one of our linemen said basically the same thing in a altercation during camp last year & nothing else was said .

But i also keep in mind the amount of times i've personally been told about teenagers today telling their parents if the parent were to spank them or correct them with any physicality they would call the cops ! Welcome to todays world !

Until both sides of the stories are heard i personally will not pass judgement !! Especially when your dealing with 3 rich (spoiled) teenagers) !!

Hopefully his side is different

chris brown is reporting that kromer was merely offering the young lads a ride home since he was concerned that they were out so late. and he accidentally punched the kid in the face when going in for a firm handshake. and, as for the so-called "threat" -- what he actually said was, "i'm gonna kill your freakin' family...with love!"

The WGR report tells what happened according to the kids but how much is truth & how much COULD BE a punk kid pissed because he got caught & put a bit of exaggeration in his story to make himself & his buddies look like the victim ?

If what was stated in the report is true Kromer needs some anger management help !! of course one of our linemen said basically the same thing in a altercation during camp last year & nothing else was said .

But i also keep in mind the amount of times i've personally been told about teenagers today telling their parents if the parent were to spank them or correct them with any physicality they would call the cops ! Welcome to todays world !

Until both sides of the stories are heard i personally will not pass judgement !! Especially when your dealing with 3 rich (spoiled) teenagers) !!

Couldn't imagine calling the cops every time I was punished as a kid

You think he gets fired over this? Teenagers were not just innocently out fishing at 1:30am. Kromer should not have touched them but unless he is a complete jerk, (in which case I want him gone) he had to be provoked.

Agreed, generally. He's an o line coach, not a teacher. The cops didn't even charge him with the felony version. Outside of the recent rush to condemn, there doesn't seem to be that much of a story here. It sounds possible, if not likely, he was a jerk and I wouldn't want to be his neighbor but that shouldn't preclude him from coaching adults playing football.

Agreed, generally. He's an o line coach, not a teacher. The cops didn't even charge him with the felony version. Outside of the recent rush to condemn, there doesn't seem to be that much of a story here. It sounds possible, if not likely, he was a jerk and I wouldn't want to be his neighbor but that shouldn't preclude him from coaching adults playing football.

crossing my fingers he isn't fired

Yeah, I dont see any fireable offenses here. Just a whole lot of high school drama.

if the way the kids describe it is true - punching a minor in the face and threatening to kill his family if he went to police, over lawn chairs, it's probably fireable. I sure hope that's just one side of the story.

@ProFootballTalk: With players being disciplined more aggressively than ever, NFL must apply the same standard to Aaron Kromer http://t.co/Wd5Bitwj3J

if the way the kids describe it is true - punching a minor in the face and threatening to kill his family if he went to police, over lawn chairs, it's probably fireable. I sure hope that's just one side of the story.

@ProFootballTalk: With players being disciplined more aggressively than ever, NFL must apply the same standard to Aaron Kromer http://t.co/Wd5Bitwj3J

One would think that story sounds pretty over the top. I'm not normally the "give the guy the benefit of the doubt just because he's ours" type, but when things sound that totally carried away on one side and the side giving the account takes no responsibility it's normally a safe bet the truth is not what you read. Again, he sounds like a jerk probably, but unless we find out he was blackout wasted too- it would be really strange for a grown 50 year old man with no history of assault to fly off the handle like that unprovoked. Odds are the kids did more and there's a good chance he did less. Edited by NoSaint

I have to think that if he was really the aggressor and actually clocked a kid in the face he wouldnt have escaped the felony charge. I dont know. This sounds like some BS that goes down between one hot-headed jerk who is used to being the boss and the spoiled neighbor kid that has to talk back. Kid got his pole thrown in the water and pushed. Not a career ender, imo.

crossing my fingers he isn't fired if the way the kids describe it is true - punching a minor in the face and threatening to kill his family if he went to police, over lawn chairs, it's probably fireable. I sure hope that's just one side of the story.

That's really jumping the gun by Florio. He's really turning into a clickbait ass. He used to be one, then became more legit for a couple years, and the last year or so is jumping on every lurid story looking at it in the worst possible way immediately.

If it's all true, very bad. Punching a minor in the face and threats to kill family, over beach chairs? Horrible. Hoping it's not true.

the link to the story (from the kids side) is up thread

Maybe the kid was a girl half his size and *gasp* raised his fist....that would be plenty of justification.