Bills' Camp @ SJF: Week 1 Day 6 - Begins on Page 64

how much attention is this "columnist/reporter" really paying attention to camp goings on?

"EJ overthrew his intended receiver by 5 or 10 yards" I can see him saying 5 to 7 yards but 5 to 10 yards?

easiest way I can see it being 10 is if the receiver knew it was over him and gave up on the pass. Don't think they would do that but just a thought. Granted a few of our TBD reporters have said he's looked the best on the deep ball passes so I don't think it would be imaginable for him to be overthrowing by even 5 yards on intermediate/short routes.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing center is not like playing on an island and its very important who is playing next to them. Incognito might be the named starting LG but that doesn't mean he or the rookie at RG are playing at a starting level.

I'm not giving Wood a pass but lets not forget who was playing RG last year, and who is now playing RG. Pears at RG was an absolute disaster last year, and its difficult for the center to play up to his ability when you have such a bad player / players next to him. Then in 2013 it was Doug Legursky who we know was a bum, and is history just like Pears.

Gonna be interesting to see how the line performs in the pre season games.

but what does that have to do with the inability to squelch the bull rush? I don't think people are talking about help BUT his inability to anchor is a result of the repetitive leg injuries. Stunts yes. Run blocking... yes. But mano e mano? He has not measured up as an upper echelon center...

easiest way I can see it being 10 is if the receiver knew it was over him and gave up on the pass. Don't think they would do that but just a thought. Granted a few of our TBD reporters have said he's looked the best on the deep ball passes so I don't think it would be imaginable for him to be overthrowing by even 5 yards on intermediate/short routes.

put that way it makes sense. You should apply for that job!!!

put that way it makes sense. You should apply for that job!!!

That's the beauty about reporting. You can put anything in whatever context you want. Maybe EJ did overthrow him by 10 yards. It also could have been his first deep ball of the day with one of the second, third string receivers he's still getting acclimated to but that's on him. You can write it any way you want to.

@TyDunne

New at the BN Blitz Blog: Jonathan Meeks a darkhorse at S for #Bills: "I want to be the guy" http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/04/jonathan-meeks-a-darkhorse-at-safety-i-want-to-be-the-guy/

Good story again by Dunne.

I will keep my eye out for Jonathan Meeks :thumbsup:

That's the beauty about reporting. You can put anything in whatever context you want. Maybe EJ did overthrow him by 10 yards. It also could have been his first deep ball of the day with one of the second, third string receivers he's still getting acclimated to but that's on him. You can write it any way you want to.

It should demand moral accountability too. You have that talent i might guess.

Those dipsticks dont. Shame on them.

Good story again by Dunne.

I will keep my eye out for Jonathan Meeks :thumbsup:

It should demand moral accountability too. You have that talent i might guess.

Those dipsticks dont. Shame on them.

Moral accountability is the last thing I'm sure so called reporters, or people hiring them, would want on their resume. Reminds me of Jerry McGuire, it's not show friends, it's show business.

That being said, I would love to be a reporter/journalist but I have this problem of being socially awkward hence the career in I.T.

Edited by The Wiz

Moral accountability is the last thing I'm sure so called reporters, or people hiring them, would want on their resume. Reminds me of Jerry McGuire, it's not show friends, it's show business.

all i ask is a little bit of Pro-Bills. not kool aid sloshing by any means. maybe something closer to Astro's reasonable notes.

Like i have mentioned before Tyler Dunne seems to do some legwork and look for the positives.

Is that wrong ?

I always try to put my neighbour under a good light find the positive and reinforce it! That does not mean exaggeration. its just pointing out the good a bit more often than focused on the bad.

Some of these folks seem to have an axe that just wont sharpen

all i ask is a little bit of Pro-Bills. not kool aid sloshing by any means. maybe something closer to Astro's reasonable notes.

Like i have mentioned before Tyler Dunne seems to do some legwork and look for the positives.

Is that wrong ?

I always try to put my neighbour under a good light find the positive and reinforce it! That does not mean exaggeration. its just pointing out the good a bit more often than focused on the bad.

Some of these folks seem to have an axe that just wont sharpen

Yeah, but nobody is going to click on a link to hear you compliment your neighbor. Now, if you were to rip him a new one you'd likely get quite a few people to come and watch/read that.

Yeah, but nobody is going to click on a link to hear you compliment your neighbor. Now, if you were to rip him a new one you'd likely get quite a few people to come and watch/read that.

As true as that is, at some point people get sick of you ripping your neighbor and start to wonder if he's actually a decent person that you have an agenda against.

a gnarly car accident gets gawkers too.

but so do the kids doing the car wash down the street get a long look , when they wave at you all smiles. and you cant help but wave back, or pull in

But i can't argue your truth.

It's a fair point that we should wait, when did Rex beam about Wood?

Believe me, I have every expectation Wood will start. But I'm hearing a lot of positives about Glenn, Incognito, Miller and Kouandjio (and some Henderson). Less so with Wood.

Yeah I thought the same thing.

Rex has beamed about WoodS that i know... he calls him Woody.

Go listen to the John Murphy Show account of practice. It was very different from what was printed by media. He even sounded like he was annoyed by the negative perception the media was giving EJ.

John is the one who is not free to give critical opinions considering his employer

Again - the ONLY judgment I'm making is based upon Kiper's Hair's inside info that EJ is being shopped by the front office. KH has scooped things like this in the past. It's perfectly legitimate for some of us to draw inferences from that rumor and to be concerned about what it must mean that the FO has concluded about EJ. If the team has started to give up on him, it's fair for some of the fans to be doing the same. Some of the responses to those views have been downright condescending. There are several posters who love to tell everyone when it is, and isn't time to panic (like the one with the lion as his avatar), every year. Those posters berate fans all offseason for expressing concerns and "snap" judgments, and then announce in mid-October that it's now ok to be upset and critical. Yet the skeptical fan has been right for 15 years straight... everyone needs to lighten up. We all want the Bills to succeed. Even Joe B. Even Bills Vet. Maybe not WEO. But the rest of us do.

I don't know anything about the lion man but I wholeheartedly agree with your statement

I believe he was assuming that he would post his review of yesterdays practice sometime this morning since it was a night practice. I was thinking the same thing regarding astro's report but as I said before, I don't believe he was in attendance last night since he said he would be back Wednesday.

Thanks wiz

I'm starting to think that people somehow went to practices in a number of parallel universes lol

It seems that way. I guess the only way to know is to see it for myself