Bills' Camp @ SJF: Week 1 Day 6 - Begins on Page 64

Or they have accepted the fact that it is what it is for this season, no need to panic just adjust the offense accordingly and hope for the best.

I doubt Whaley and Ryan are going in to the season "hoping for the best"

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So assuming no divine intervention from God producing a franchise QB falling into their lap, what are their other options other than adjust as best you can with what you have and hope for the best?

Rest assured - they're not 'hoping' for anything.... There's a reason why on day three of camp they're running pro sets with three TE's and the FB on the field... they're not hoping someone pans out, they're building an offense around the limited QB play we will get.

That's fine, but if that was the plan they should have went heavy on getting one or two more solid offensive lineman in here as opposed tieing up money and cap room in Percy Harvin.... Yes it's too early to tell on the line, but getting a pro bowl right guard or tackle in here as opposed to Harvin would make much more of a difference for this offense.

You do realize that they tried to bring in 2 vets.....who decided to resign with their own teams.......

You cant force them to come

That's fine, but if that was the plan they should have went heavy on getting one or two more solid offensive lineman in here as opposed tieing up money and cap room in Percy Harvin.... Yes it's too early to tell on the line, but getting a pro bowl right guard or tackle in here as opposed to Harvin would make much more of a difference for this offense.

You tell me the offensive linemen that they should have got and I will agree. They went hard after Bulaga and he signed for less money. Who is the $8M OL that they overlooked?

I am actually really excited about Harvin. Would not be surprised if he gets a few TDs/favorable field position on ko returns and makes some defenses look stupid on screens. That type of production is what this offense needs to score and move the ball.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I am actually really excited about Harvin. Would not be surprised if he gets a few TDs/favorable field position on ko returns and makes some defenses look stupid on screens. That type of production is what this offense needs to score and move the ball.

As crazy as it seems given our QB'S will struggle crack the top-20 this year, the Bills might be the team with the most big plays in the league this year.

On both sides of the ball.

Edited by The Big Cat

Signing Harvin did NOT prevent them from signing O-Linemen.

I can forgive Whaley for not succeeding in finding a franchise QB.

I fault him for not trying hard enough.

Do you have some insider knowledge about exactly how hard Whaley tried to improve the QB situation? Do you know whether or not he's been in repeated contact with 31 other teams about a trade? Unless you know these things for a fact, all you're doing is making stuff up out of whole cloth.

Greg Roman will be coordinating his bread n' butter offense that got the 49ers to the Super Bowl. I'm not even worried about the QBs.

Just go with Tyrod as another guy who can hit a home run with his legs. When they get the offense into a rhythm, he'll do enough with his arm, too.

Still way too early to panic.

The hyperscrutiny of the internet/twitter age has caused unrealistic expectations.

It would be surprising if the qbs didn't struggle early against this defense.

I sometimes long for the days when I still read newspapers and imagined most of the fans of my favorite teams were decent, rational folk.