Sunday Ticket -- Xbox and Playstation

Anyone have opinions about this? My brother did it last year, and there were some buffering issues that led to delays, made it tough to follow along online b/c Twitter was full of spoilers. A couple times it just dropped for a few minutes and then came back. Still, it seems like a good option for those of us who can't get (or aren't interested in) DirecTV and are getting too old to do the bar thing. Plunking down $200-300 (not sure what it costs) for this is a money saver over going out every week too.

Any thoughts? BILLS RULE

I didn't have an Xbox One last year, but instead streamed it from my computer to my Apple TV. Now that I have a Xbox One, I'll likely get the console package and stream directly.

Hopefully they keep the prices $200ish or lower... it's getting pretty expensive :/

I went with the digital package (laptop, phone, tablet), but did not opt for the PS4 steaming since it was like another $150 or so on top of the digital package. Obviously makes no sense since it's coming through the same damn Interweb...

Also, I upgraded my Comcast cable to the X1 with "blast Internet" and my streaming video hang-ups were a thing of the past. Of course, my Internet speeds now pin Speetest.net, so I would hope video looks good!!

It's expensive, but totally worth it IMO - and I typically go to one game, I live in NE so get at least two on TV and I travel a lot during the season, so I don't even use it for all 16 games. It was sweet a couple years ago, I was on vacation in Hawaii standing on the street in the morning, watching the game on my phone! I'm going to repeat that in Italy this year! Die hard baby...

Go Bills!

We dropped DirecTV and got the Amazon Fire Stick. Does the NFL have currently, or are they planning to have an app that let's us get Bills games through Roku, Fire Stick, etc?

I cannot ever see this happening. I can see it going to a more alacart pay per view type offering. In any event it will never be cheap for out of market to watch their teams...legally.

I have had horrible luck with the streaming services from direcTV. Constantly freezes or cuts out, the quality is on par with old, crappy DVDs, just a piss poor experience overall.

Is that them, or your Internet connect?

I had issues, till my speed was bumped up, now it's almost always HD quality...

The streaming services were not available to everyone last year and really were only available in select locations. I dont know how they will do it this year as it seems to change every year but as long as DTV has the rights I would not expect this to be available to everyone. I did the PS3 option for two years when it was available to everyone (kind of) but it was a mess with a lot of the problems mentioned above. I got the Sunday Ticket app subscription two years ago with Madden purchase which worked a lot better than the PS3 streaming as I watched on my iPad and mirrored to my TV through my Apple TV. I dont know why they dont just offer this as a service to everyone.

I couldnt get the NFL or DTV to take my money last year due to the new limited availability to their streaming service which is a joke. It really amazes me how sports leagues and teams go out of their way to not get their product in front of as many fans as possible.

Edited by Max997

I used my Xbox one. Actually as I've said in threads about the system the only reason I bought the Xbox was for streaming content (I don't play video games). That said if you hard wire it with an Ethernet cable, rather than wifi there really isn't buffering. The problem with it (and any streaming) is the delay. It can be anywhere from 5 seconds to a solid minute. That's fine unless you own a cell phone and have any friends who are Bills fans. When watching, I have to turn my phone on silent and face down, because if I hear it buzz, or see the screen light up, I know it's one of my friends either saying "iiiiiii gotta feelin!" Or "!@#$ING DOUG!!" Due to my job, turning my phone completely off isn't an option.

That said if you hard wire it with an Ethernet cable, rather than wifi there really isn't buffering. .

Good tip - I was getting buffering when streaming through Apple TV, so I just ran HDMI from my Macbook to the TV, problem solved!

I ran it last year on my PS3 with few issues. A few buffering things. Only issue would be by the end of the game I would be behind 30seconds to a minute from the live feed.

thanks.

I used my Xbox one. Actually as I've said in threads about the system the only reason I bought the Xbox was for streaming content (I don't play video games). That said if you hard wire it with an Ethernet cable, rather than wifi there really isn't buffering. The problem with it (and any streaming) is the delay. It can be anywhere from 5 seconds to a solid minute. That's fine unless you own a cell phone and have any friends who are Bills fans. When watching, I have to turn my phone on silent and face down, because if I hear it buzz, or see the screen light up, I know it's one of my friends either saying "iiiiiii gotta feelin!" Or "!@#$ING DOUG!!" Due to my job, turning my phone completely off isn't an option.

My phone vibrated its a touchdown or a turnover

If they just take the restrictions and mandatory partnerships out, make it so loading and out of market mistakes are not problems, and generally just make it easy to get and high quality....I would pay $600 for the ticket.

Problem is even with the ticket, it still sucks (I still pay whatever it is anyway though...).

More than half of the Bills game usually get televised in my area. I'll hit the bar for a few games and just stay home and listen on AM radio for a few.

I've been tempted to get some sort of package, but sometimes there are better things to do on a Sunday and I'm probably better off not having the option of watching a game at home.

More than half of the Bills game usually get televised in my area. I'll hit the bar for a few games and just stay home and listen on AM radio for a few.

I've been tempted to get some sort of package, but sometimes there are better things to do on a Sunday and I'm probably better off not having the option of watching a game at home.

C'mon dude we look to be competitive this year you need to have a plan in place ... AM radio? Never heard of such a thing ....

C'mon dude we look to be competitive this year you need to have a plan in place ... AM radio? Never heard of such a thing ....

As my luck would have it, our local station (WMML, AM1230) is the Mets and Bills station. So when I'm busy in the kitchen, or my son is watching something on TV, during a Mets game, I just throw it on the radio. But if the Bills are televised, I rule the TV.

I love live sports on the radio (baseball and football).

I probably miss an average of two Bills games/season on television. But never a key matchup, or a big game. But sometimes, if the weather is nice and my wife isn't working, it's my pleasure to skip a game and do something with the fam.

One is usually the 2nd weekend in October because friends of ours (not football fans) ALWAYS have their son's birthday party on the Sunday closest to his birthday (Oct. 11). We've managed to hold of on apple picking till that weekend (for an early out excuse), but I think I might have to sacrifice an additional Sunday this year because there were hardly any apples left by that weekend the last couple years.

Anyway ... it's just a game.

• 4 weeks later...

Any update and/or word on exactly what is happening with this year's offering? Last year I had to you use a friend's credit card b/c mine pings an address that Direct TV considers to be eligible for a satellite (even though I can't get one here).

Edited by Rex'sOffense

Has anyone tried or heard results of Slingbox? Seems like an interesting idea. Just need someone on the BUff or Roch area who is willing to have the game on while using SLingbox.

i have Sunday ticket and center ice and a sling box. I had a friend who had dish and used the sling for Sabres hockey and friends who share the sling for NFL

Any update and/or word on exactly what is happening with this year's offering? Last year I had to you use a friend's credit card b/c mine pings an address that Direct TV considers to be eligible for a satellite (even though I can't get one here).

Available and signed up. Eligibility seems to have loosened up this year, though I somehow had it last year. Pricing seems to be same. Offered through Roku this year, which I'm not sure they had that last year. Still no Apple TV, not sure about AirPlay through iPad. Roku app won't be available until end of August, hopefully same interface as mobile app has had.

Anyone have opinions about this? . . . there were some buffering issues that led to delays, made it tough to follow along online b/c Twitter was full of spoilers. . . . Any thoughts? . . .

Well, unless you were receiving tweets telepathically, it seems like there was a fairly simple solution for avoiding the spoilers.

Hey, you asked. Like twice.

The Xbox version is total garbage...I missed the first 2 games first halves because the idiots at Xbox didn't expect so much traffic...even. Though I found out this happens every year...I lost the last 4 games of the season when it magically disappeared from my Xbox...when I called the idiots they blamed dtv...dtv blamed Xbox...but I never got the games after several calls and "escalation" ...code for we're idiots and don't know anything...with the nfl app you literally have 3 platforms to deal with and when one doesnt work Sunday morning good luck calling the clueless morons who spend 10 min asking your address and Id info then transfer you to another idiot who says to unplug your Xbox...later via internet you read others didn't have the game either....advice= Get it on your cpu. Or roku is a smooth system....don't do moronsoft.

Edited by enlightener

The Xbox version is total garbage...I missed the first 2 games first halves because the idiots at Xbox didn't expect so much traffic...even. Though I found out this happens every year...I lost the last 4 games of the season when it magically disappeared from my Xbox...when I called the idiots they blamed dtv...dtv blamed Xbox...but I never got the games after several calls and "escalation" ...code for we're idiots and don't know anything...with the nfl app you literally have 3 platforms to deal with and when one doesnt work Sunday morning good luck calling the clueless morons who spend 10 min asking your address and Id info then transfer you to another idiot who says to unplug your Xbox...later via internet you read others didn't have the game either....advice= Get it on your cpu. Or roku is a smooth system....don't do moronsoft.

I had the same lament last year with ps4 ticket. I have fios, lined-in, and it still buffered and gave out randomly. It's enraging to spend good money on something terrible. then, doubly enraging to find there is no one to complain to. Sony has no idea what you're talking about and direct tv doesn't care about you, cuz you're not a member.

I'm switching my VPN to Afghanistan and going with the international game pass option this year.

We dropped DirecTV and got the Amazon Fire Stick. Does the NFL have currently, or are they planning to have an app that let's us get Bills games through Roku, Fire Stick, etc?

It'll happen eventually as cable and satellite providers lose customers to Internet providers.

Hulu will get a NFL package like they just got a Showtime package. It's ruining customer's cost advantage, but it'll happen.

Just found out about a trick/promo - order the basic package ($199), and they upgrade you to Max ($359) for free. Saved me some good money!

Uh, how? Did you just buy it online and they threw that in the email confirmation?

Pricing this year:

- Online (laptop, tablet, phone): $199

- Connected device (Xbox, PS4, Roku): $259

- Max (all games on all things above, plus Fantasy Zone and Red Zone): $359

And FWIW, I've had this service since it dropped 3 - 4 years ago and have never had to "prove" that I can't get DTV (other than checking a box that said "I can't get DTV). I've also run it across multiple devices and while the first couple years I did have some lag issues, last year, after I got my new Comcast Blast Internet service that was pretty much a thing of the past. You just need to have Internet service that can pin Speedtest.net :beer:

Has anyone tried or heard results of Slingbox? Seems like an interesting idea. Just need someone on the BUff or Roch area who is willing to have the game on while using SLingbox.

I've heard there are connection/streaming issues. Its similar quality as if you were to find a website that has a live stream of the game. freezes once in a while and the quality is not always HD.

Uh, how? Did you just buy it online and they threw that in the email confirmation?

Pricing this year:

- Online (laptop, tablet, phone): $199

- Connected device (Xbox, PS4, Roku): $259

- Max (all games on all things above, plus Fantasy Zone and Red Zone): $359

And FWIW, I've had this service since it dropped 3 - 4 years ago and have never had to "prove" that I can't get DTV (other than checking a box that said "I can't get DTV). I've also run it across multiple devices and while the first couple years I did have some lag issues, last year, after I got my new Comcast Blast Internet service that was pretty much a thing of the past. You just need to have Internet service that can pin Speedtest.net :beer:

Just purchase the Online laptop, tablet package for $199, then yu get a Touchdown message saying you've been upgraded to Max. I actually cancelled Max, and got a full refund when I found out about this, then ordered and it worked. Don't ask me why, or for how long, but it worked. I too had this last year and they don't even check your eligibility if you're an existing account. I'm especially looking forward to the Roku app - hope it's like the mobile one. Airplay wasn't as smooth as I would've liked last year.

TOUCHDOWN!
GREAT NEWS! YOU’VE JUST BEEN UPGRADED TO NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV MAX AT NO EXTRA CHARGE. ENJOY.