Omlet - need a new different recipe.

mead107

I need something off the wall different.

What goes good with goat cheese?

Got anything special????????

Start with onions, garlic, and a combination of butter and olive oil. Let that sweat down a bit, then add a huge handful of spinach and allow it to cook down and wilt. Add your beaten eggs on top, and add the goat cheese once they're barely set.

Garnish with jarred sun-dried tomatoes (in olive oil), a dollop of creme fraiche, and some chive.

I need something off the wall different.

What goes good with goat cheese?

Got anything special????????

All you need for an omlette is butter, salt, pepper, eggs, chive and a cheese of some sort, no colour on the egg and in a fat cigar shape on the plate.

Any other ingredients should be cooked separate from the eggs and should be added AFTER the egg has set (then formed into the cigar type shape).

No colour. I know it's a B word.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

A bit of your favorite jelly in the middle of an omelette is, amazingly, pretty darn good especially if you have a salty meat in there (bacon, ham, sausage). Discovered this by accidentally getting jelly on my eggs once from the toast. It was actually OK, moved up to putting my scrambled eggs on my toast with jelly. Moved up to adding a bite of sausage with said toast, jelly, and eggs and this is when it really popped. Then, finally to just making an omelette with it in there. I know it's weird, but it's damn good.

Edited by Mark80