Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Costly win today. WTF Sabres!................Carolina looks like they are going to be trouble - they have not won a friggin game yet!

What is it with the Sabres and San Jose... They always do well against them, home or away... Or seems like they do well.

Is it because we should have had a team in 1967 w/the first expansion of the NHL after the O-6? Oakland/California Golden Seals took the BFLO team that should have come into The League in '67. We had to wait 3 years and the team in the Bay Area folded anyway! I guess they got the Sharks to the south now. Don't sharks eat seals. Seems the Sabres eat both.. Historically it has seemed that way, I don't know their actual W-L-T record.

2015 is the final draft where this is the case. Beginning with the 2016 draft, the top three picks will be awarded by a lottery.

Good point. I kind of forgot about that because I expect Murray to wheel and deal like a fiend starting at the 2015 Draft to bring in more proven veteran talent to play around the new core, and the team should be out of the basement for 2015-16. Probably not a playoff contender as the kids will still need to grow, but better than last place.

If the Sabres don't get this kid, It is going to be a major letdown. I dont think i can stress how big of a letdown it would be.

I don't get why people assume that we are going to get him. At best, we have a 20% chance if we finish with the worst record in the league. Add to that whatever % chance the Islanders and Blues pick is (heck, they both may make the playoffs giving us 0% additional chance) and it is still a sub 40% chance to get him. We should be getting more excited about how good Eichel is looking. We finish worst, and don't get the #1, he is an awesome consolation prize and one of the best "second best" prospects in a draft in a long time.

I don't get why people assume that we are going to get him. At best, we have a 20% chance if we finish with the worst record in the league. Add to that whatever % chance the Islanders and Blues pick is (heck, they both may make the playoffs giving us 0% additional chance) and it is still a sub 40% chance to get him. We should be getting more excited about how good Eichel is looking. We finish worst, and don't get the #1, he is an awesome consolation prize and one of the best "second best" prospects in a draft in a long time.

That's why finishing dead last is so important. it guarantees McDavid or Eichel. Even though they would have a 20% chance of the 1st pick finishing last, they still would have the best odds.

Edited by ricojes

Here's a chance to watch Jack Eichel play tonight vs Providence: http://www.coxhub.co...en-night-at-7pm

The Connor McDavid-Jack Eichel sweepstakes

Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel, the top prospects in the 2015 draft, are off to great starts in their draft year.

McDavid plays center for the Erie Otters of the Ontario Hockey League, while Eichel is a freshman center with Boston University.

The team that finishes last this season will get one of them, regardless of what happens in the draft lottery. The bottom five teams have a good chance of winning the lottery.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Nice to see Carolina win two games finally. Sabres screw up by winning themselves, though!

St. Louis goes on a 5 game winning streak, but the Islanders keep moving down.

Carolina's getting healthier with Eric Staal and Jeff Skinner back in their lineup. Eventually, Jordan Staal will also be back. Bottom line is the Sabres are a far worse team than the Hurricanes and that will show in the standings relatively soon.

Carolina's getting healthier with Eric Staal and Jeff Skinner back in their lineup. Eventually, Jordan Staal will also be back. Bottom line is the Sabres are a far worse team than the Hurricanes and that will show in the standings relatively soon.

Plus the Sabres will unload at the trade deadline, I don't see Carolina dumping all their talent, they have a pretty good core.

Good to know. I had thought both Staals were out very long term..........Bob Gaughan said on Brad Riter's podcast last week that the Canes are just putting Cam Ward in to lose the games. But, then I looked and he had only played 5 games at that point.

Tanking for McDavid, Eichel necessary evil for NHL’s worst: Arthur

By: Bruce Arthur - Toronto Star

You know how you forget how big horses really are until you’re right next to one, and then you’re agog? When the Buffalo Sabres came to town last week, it was like that, but for bad hockey. It was a revelation. The players were upbeat in the morning, cheerfully polishing off the morning skate, and then they went out and managed 10 shots, versus taking eight penalties, against the Leafs. The Leafs! Buffalo coach Ted Nolan called it “mind-baffling,” which is not even a real expression, but works anyway.

This is the year of the tank in the National Hockey League, in theory. 17-year-old Connor McDavid has seven four-point games in 14 tries, and is on pace for about 180 points on the season. Jack Eichel, the presumptive No. 2 pick, is wooing scouts at Boston University. Franchise changers, they say. The kind of players money can’t buy.

Nice - Canes win three straight after being winless all season!

Wait, what the hell is Columbus doing there - losing 6 straight - that team is purposely tanking!

They are dealing with significant injuries including the starting goaltender Bobrovsky.

Connor McDavid may be better than Crosby

The statistics are backing up what the hockey world has started to believe.

Connor McDavid is better than Sidney Crosby was at age 17.

That's not to say the Erie Otters star will automatically go on and score massive goals in two Olympic finals or win a Stanley Cup for whatever downtrodden NHL team picks him first overall next June, the way No. 87 has in Pittsburgh.

But this kid, who is ripping apart the OHL offensively right now, is superior to the player Crosby was for the Rimouski Oceanic a decade ago.