Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

Penalties for a first time offense: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/saf...-driving.shtml

• Mandatory alcohol education or treatment program
  • 1 year minimum requirement to drive a car equipped with an ignition interlock device
  • No minimum jail sentence
  • $1,000 fine
  • Licence suspended for 1 year*

That's assuming he pleads guilty to the charge. Not sure how things work in Canada but perhaps he'll have an attorney who tells him to take a lesser plea deal.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure this the last thing Murray and the Sabres' brass had in mind. They must be absolutely incredulous after they glowed about his character and leadership as two of the primary reasons they traded for him and subsequently signed him to a long term extension for big money. :doh:

I'm sure this the last thing Murray and the Sabres' brass had in mind. They must be absolutely incredulous after they glowed about his character and leadership as two of the primary reasons they traded for him and subsequently signed him to a long term extension for big money. :doh:

With all due respect 26 CB, a ,05 is literally one beer. If you have never driven a car after one beer, feel free to expound on "character ". Personally, I would not throw stones at that glass house

With all due respect 26 CB, a ,05 is literally one beer. If you have never driven a car after one beer, feel free to expound on "character ". Personally, I would not throw stones at that glass house

DWI is bad enough, but he compounded the situation by feeling the scene after crashing in to a Tim Horton's. Dumb decision making all around there. Sorry, but no excuses!

CJ1SxPgW8AAbP2B.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

DWI is bad enough, but he compounded the situation by fleeing the scene after crashing in to a Tim Horton's. Dumb decision making all around there. Sorry, but no excuses!

Isn't that conjecture on your part? It could be just as true that after driving the truck a bit they realized it was messed up and parked to keep from doing more damage, deciding to walk home instead.

Just like the Kromer thread, the facts will come out soon enough. No need to embelish things, IMO...

Edit:

The Timmy Ho's in question:

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.184801,-81.396227,3a,75y,239.14h,87.83t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sOM5bQPiM5uJpqxtqSgGhpw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Edited by Lurker

Isn't that conjecture on your part? It could be just as true that after driving the truck a bit they realized it was messed up and parked to keep from doing more damage, deciding to walk home instead.

Just like the Kromer thread, the facts will come out soon enough. No need to embelish things, IMO...

No. Read what he was charged with. Failure to remain.

Flee or left....semantics. The bottom line is he did not remain at the scene as he should have by law.

Assuming he knew he committed a "crime." The extent of the property damage isn't spelled out that I can see.

The facts will come out soon enough...

Actually, for an average size man it's literally 2 and a half beers.

No. Read what he was charged with. Failure to remain.

"Failure to remain" could be as little as parking the car ten yards away. I've seen it happen.

Where'd .05 come from? The article says he was charged with a BAC of .08 or higher.

Don't they have Uber in Canada?

Prolly in cottage country somewhere in CA, lucky if they have the interwebs there let alone uber.

And we need Beast Mode to teach all Buffalo athletes what to do in these situations....i

Edited by plenzmd1

Assuming he knew he committed a "crime." The extent of the property damage isn't spelled out that I can see.

The facts will come out soon enough...

It is a crime and part of the reason is that instead of hitting a donut shop he could have hit a person or a Canadian.

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres GM Tim Murray: “We are aware of the reports regarding the incident involving Ryan O’Reilly last week. We are currently.." [1/2]

"..in the process of gathering more information and will have no further comment until we have spoken with all parties involved.” [2/2]

Translation:

Sabres GM Tim Murray: Oh crap I drafted a guy whose only red flag was booze and now my new star center has shown. Note to self: They can't be roommates.