Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

I know Eichel is saying all the right things about waiting to make a decision, but does anyone believe he'll go back to school? He already knows and has worked with Bylsma, has been around Buffalo a bunch and talked about how crazy (in a good way) the fans are, he sees the type of organization they have with all of this young talent...

I just think it's a foregone conclusion.

I have little fear that he is staying (even if he does, it isnt the end of the world)...

The way he is talking like a decision will be made quickly points to him going pro. He is also getting a nice taste of the NHL with the combine and the trip to the finals... then the draft hype, and Im sure he will be immediately either A: Brought to the Pegula compound and/or B: brought into Buffalo.

The "indecision" is just due diligence/agent advice to leave the door open for contractual issues and a roster spot in the NHL. The Sabres wont try to mess around with him. He's a Sabre in 2015-16

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said "hockey player" - not wrestler. Sam Bennett (third pick last year) couldn't do a single pullup.

I remember those South Park twins. I think one had a heartbreaking story at the Olympic tryouts. Something like he was definitely in and then broke a bone or something on his last jump.

Yeah I did 26 pull-ups,thought that was good. Felt kinda wimpy after them. I think they were Hayden boys.They were built.but only weighed about 125lbs. Not much weight to pull-up.

@Sportsnet

McDavid vs Eichel: @GareJoyceNHL breaks down the #NHLCombine results of the two hockey phenoms http://ow.ly/O5LRh

CHGiogMW0AA7jkG.jpg

Eichel basically won everything but the other kid will go first. It seems like the booze warning flag has had an impact. I'm a little less worried because he clearly laid off his habit to prep for the combine. Hopefully he kicks it completely.

That might be a great question to ask the great Don Cherry.

I sat a few seats from him at a Sabres game around 1985. But, I haven't seen him since. Hopefully, I run into him again.

Why do you think that?

More popular=higher percentage of mouth breather fans. It's already frustrating enough to tell people who are there "because it's an event that people are talking about" to keep their dumb asses in their seats until a whistle (to give one very obvious example).

Hockey already sells enough seats and every game is televised. There isn't a single reason to increase its popularity, other than to drive up the price to get into a game and make old rich guys even richer. The last thing the game needs is to totally price the average fan out of the building and we're already on our way to that in too many markets.

More popular=higher percentage of mouth breather fans. It's already frustrating enough to tell people who are there "because it's an event that people are talking about" to keep their dumb asses in their seats until a whistle (to give one very obvious example).

Hockey already sells enough seats and every game is televised. There isn't a single reason to increase its popularity, other than to drive up the price to get into a game and make old rich guys even richer. The last thing the game needs is to totally price the average fan out of the building and we're already on our way to that in too many markets.

It's a bit of a simplistic view though. Without the attempted expansion of the game, we wouldn't have someone like next year's #1 pick Auston Matthews. There's also been an explosion of Californian talent in recent years. Do we deprive ourselves of the next superstar if the game stays exactly where it is? I think the vast majority of fans area already mouth breathers, so that's never going to change. But if we can get a few more kids playing hockey and a few less playing soccer, I'm good with that.

And calm down soccer fans, insert the name of whatever sport you want there and I'm still content with the message.

It's a bit of a simplistic view though. Without the attempted expansion of the game, we wouldn't have someone like next year's #1 pick Auston Matthews. There's also been an explosion of Californian talent in recent years. Do we deprive ourselves of the next superstar if the game stays exactly where it is? I think the vast majority of fans area already mouth breathers, so that's never going to change. But if we can get a few more kids playing hockey and a few less playing soccer, I'm good with that.

And calm down soccer fans, insert the name of whatever sport you want there and I'm still content with the message.

I'm not sure those things correlate very much. Hockey is an expensive sport and it's not likely going to grow much more in areas where it doesn't already exist. It makes sense in California because of the sheer number of very wealthy people concentrated in pockets throughout the state. I'm not sure that wave is going to go much further.

I've always felt like the explosion of lacrosse has helped hockey more than anything because the skill sets and game play between the two are so similar.