Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6-18: TIM MURRAY & DAN BYLSMA PRE-DRAFT PRESSER (26:40)

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres GM Tim Murray & Coach Dan Bylsma now addressing the media. Listen live on @WGR550.

CHytq_YWcAASEVP.jpg

Murray on #Sabres' 21st overall pick: I want to see how the draft is going, where it's going at that point. #SabresDraft2015

Murray says hiring of more development coaches is about "doing things right," developing guys the right way. #SabresDraft2015

Murray: "You build through the draft, and you have to develop." #SabresDraft2015

#Sabres Coach Dan Bylsma: Look at a team like Tampa Bay. We have to develop guys in a similar way that they have.

Murray on Tampa Bay: They have a plan and they've stuck to it. Certainly look at that as a model.

Murray on the 2015 #NHLDraft: The way the game is played today, skill guys thrive. There's a lot of skill in this draft. #SabresDraft2015

Murray says goaltending is something he's working on addressing. Looking at different options. #Sabres

Bylsma says Terry Murray & Dave Barr will be joining #Sabres coaching staff.

#Sabres GM Tim Murray on @AmerksHockey: "I want to win there." He wants to develop properly & have a winning team.

Murray: I'm excited to see Bogosian & Kane, the 2nd overall pick this year, Reinhart, Pysyk, I'm excited about a lot of things. #Sabres

Murray says there could be potential for a trade at #NHLDraft. "There's going to be a lot of talk, whether there's action, I don't know."

Sabres.com video: Tim Murray & Dan Bylsma Press Conference (6/18/15) (26:19)

Tim Murray and Dan Bylsma speak to the media at First Niagara Center.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@TerrierHockey

Great article on Eichel by ESPN's @CraigCustance... draft is just eight days away! http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/13100235/nhl-jack-eichel-learning-life-spotlight

proxy.jpg?t=HBhZaHR0cDovL2EuZXNwbmNkbi5j

On June 26, the Buffalo Sabres franchise will be forever altered. If all goes as planned, Sabres general manager Tim Murray will walk to the podium in Sunrise, Florida, and announce the name of the Boston University freshman whose arrival Buffalo fans have been patiently awaiting for the past two seasons.

It will be the moment that signals the end of the suffering. It's the end of the tearing down and the beginning of the building back up.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

6/19: EVANDER KANE ON WGR 13:12

@wgr550

#Sabres forward @evanderkane_9 joins us next! Don't miss it!

Kane: The way the Sabres run their day-to-day operations, it makes you want to work that much harder for the team

Kane: Everything my agent said about Buffalo and the Sabres, it was all positive. When the trade happened, I was very optimistic.

Kane: I'd like to prove some people wrong. Any type of motivation you can gather up always helps, even though I don't really need it.

Kane: What happened in WPG is in the past, I had some really good memories there, I'm looking forward to the future with Buffalo.

Kane: I'm going into my 7th season at 24 years old, there's not a lot of guys who can say that, I count on myself to be a leader.

Kane: No easy task to come into the NHL as a teenager. There's going to be challenges for our young guys. I can help out in that aspect.

Sabres face tough decisions after likely pick of Eichel

By Joe Yerdon - NHL.com Correspondent

BUFFALO -- The Buffalo Sabres have one decision to make that figures to be easy at the 2015 NHL Draft, but the rest is up for debate.

General manager Tim Murray spoke Thursday about what the Sabres' plans are after they likely select Boston University center Jack Eichel with the No. 2 pick at the draft at BB&T Center in Sunrise, Fla., next week. The Sabres also have a second first-round pick (No. 21) and two selections in the second round (Nos. 31 and 51).

I don't think we face tough decisions at all. It's a lot tougher when you don't have pick 21, 31, and 51 after picking Eichel.

Tough in the sense that prospects in the 20-30 range are closely rated. Need to hit on both 21 and 31 if they stay put and make the selections.

Tough in the sense that prospects in the 20-30 range are closely rated. Need to hit on both 21 and 31 if they stay put and make the selections.

I hear ya.

Never say never, but historically picks in that range take a few years to pan out, if at all. Odds are it'll be a while before we know if we hit on them or not. I think Murray goes balls to the wall to trade back into the top 14 and if he's not able to, I think he'll go in the other direction and try to move those picks and/or players for an immediate top 6 contributor.

I hear ya.

Never say never, but historically picks in that range take a few years to pan out, if at all. Odds are it'll be a while before we know if we hit on them or not. I think Murray goes balls to the wall to trade back into the top 14 and if he's not able to, I think he'll go in the other direction and try to move those picks and/or players for an immediate top 6 contributor.

Murray said he'd like to do just that in the pre-draft presser, but he expects that there's just a slight chance that he'll be able to.