Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

I've always felt like the explosion of lacrosse has helped hockey more than anything because the skill sets and game play between the two are so similar.

That makes some sense; also, lacrosse is another "expensive" sport in terms of equipment, etc.

I've always opined that the primary reason why soccer is the "world's game" is because all you need is a ball (loosely defined) and a patch of land -- economics are irrelevant. You're not going to find very many kids from poor families playing hockey and lacrosse. They're playing basketball and soccer.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes some sense; also, lacrosse is another "expensive" sport in terms of equipment, etc.

I've always opined that the primary reason why soccer is the "world's game" is because all you need is a ball (loosely defined) and a patch of land -- economics are irrelevant. You're not going to find very many kids from poor families playing hockey and lacrosse. They're playing basketball and soccer.

Yup

Decision on Buffalo or BU by June 30.

I think it's already made. A kid ballsy enough to hand Don Cherry a USA Hockey Sweater live on Hockey Night in Cabada isn't going back to college. He's ready for prime time now and it going to be one helluva ride for fans of the Sabres.

I don't think he gives a 4 day window if he isn't reasonably comfortable he will get the deal he wants in Buffalo and his mind is made up.

It's not the deal that's an issue. It's whether or not he's guaranteed an NHL roster spot. That is the only issue. If GMTM and CDB tell him he might play some in Rochester, then he's going back to college.

It's not the deal that's an issue. It's whether or not he's guaranteed an NHL roster spot. That is the only issue. If GMTM and CDB tell him he might play some in Rochester, then he's going back to college.

Which would fit quite nicely with how things go for Buffalo teams lol

Meanwhile, McDavid wins rookie of the year, etc...etc...

Eichel will be in the NHL playing for the Sabres this October.

Eichel has not said if he will return to Boston University for his sophomore season. Murray said, based on Eichel's interview, it does not seem like he would.

"If you believe you're the best guy in the draft, and you can't wait to prove it, the NHL is where you go to prove it," Murray said.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=770032

Edited by BillsFanNC

And no matter how obvious it is that you're going to turn pro, it's still better to wait until you're actually drafted and are able to sign that contract. What if something screwy happens in the next couple days that hurt his draft status. If he has already said he's leaving school, that limits his ability to go back to the NCAA/BU. Don't burn any bridges until you've actually crossed them.