Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've underestimated Ted's ability to motivate subpar talent. He's outstanding in that regard. I was afraid this might happen. I find myself getting more conflicted about the tank as they play like they have the last couple weeks, knowing full well they lack the talent to go anywhere.

I cheered that outstanding Ennis goal tonight and caught myself late... This whole scenario sucks.

Edited by SmokinES3

People like to post all the advanced stats, but I'll go with a much more simple one. This team cannot continue to win when they are getting outshot by nearly a 2-to-1 ratio on most nights. It is not sustainable. They will return to normal soon enough.

I hated this tanking idea last year, but now that we're this far into it, I've been on board this year.

Now, they're going to blow it.

What good does it do to win these stupid games. Nobody cares. You can look at the prices on Stubhub to see that.

I hated this tanking idea last year, but now that we're this far into it, I've been on board this year.

Now, they're going to blow it.

What good does it do to win these stupid games. Nobody cares. You can look at the prices on Stubhub to see that.

time to bench Enroth for some "rest" to get him off his game.

buyers or sellers at the deadline?

I believe you were joking, at least I laughed out loud. The only question is Enroth? Does he get traded while his value is increasing or is he someone you can build around. Originally I thought he was nothing more than a very good backup, but he has shown real ability and could be a starter in this league...

Edited by ricojes

I believe you were joking, at least I laughed out loud. The only question is Enroth? Does he get traded while his value is increasing or is he someone you can build around. Originally I thought he was nothing more than a very good backup, but he has shown real ability and could be a starter in this league...

scary part is this may become a real discussion.

This is great

http://media.wgr550.com/a/99755670/12-3-howard-goes-off-about-the-sabres.htm

I heard a little bit of Howard talking to Moulson and he was asking him about the winning and screwing up the 1st round pick. Moulson, a Bills fan, said he was hearing it from everyone at the Bills game this past Sunday. BTW, just listened to the beginning of his rant and I feel the same way. I am watching the game yesterday going yes they win! but really deep down felt like no, they won!

Nice article on a few prospects.

http://thehockeywrit...ont-hear-about/

Edited by ricojes

ISS Top 30 for December

Five prospects crack the ISS Top 30 for December, showing there is much more hockey to prove oneself before the draft. McDavid, Eichel and Hanifin keep the top 3 spots, remaining in elite status.

94c2fa33-dc05-41bb-a7d8-ebf8a41a464d.jpg

ISS #22 ranked Nick Merkley from Kelowna (WHL)

ISS Hockey has released its new monthly rankings of the top prospects eligible for the 2015 NHL Draft. This month's rankings include the top 200 skaters, along with the top 15 goaltenders, as evaluated and ranked by ISS Hockey’s worldwide network of scouts. Below is the ISS Top 30, highlighting the rankings for the top 30 prospects:

1 McDavid, Connor C Erie OHL

2 Eichel, Jack C Boston University H.E.

3 Hanifin, Noah LD Boston College H.E.

4 Strome, Dylan C Erie OHL

5 Werenski, Zach RD Michigan BigTen

6 Barzal, Mathew C Seattle WHL

7 Kylington, Oliver RD Farhestad SweE

8 Zacha, Pavel C Sarnia OHL

9 Crouse, Lawson LW Kingston OHL

10 Marner, Michell C London OHL

Holding on tight to their rankings are McDavid (#1), Eichel (#2) and Hanifin (#3), the Top 3 prospects remain untouchable for this month’s rankings of the ISS Top Prospects. Nick Merkley is the highest of five new additions to the Top 30. Jumping 12 spots from #34 to #22. Merkley enjoyed a strong month of November with 21 points in just 14 games with the WHL’s Kelowna Rockets. Also moving into the top 30 are Tom Novak (#25), Jakub Zboril (#27), Nicolas Meloche (#28) and Thomas Chabot (#30).

"Merkley has top notch hockey IQ”, says ISS Hockey Director of Scouting Dennis MacInnis. “He is a dangerous offensive performer who has the potential to be a point producer at the NHL level.”