Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What cracks me up is the people who believe the players are in on the tank. They are playing hard and winning some games they probably have no business winning. But the main guy orchestrating the tank will have something to say about this very soon. Who's first to be traded? Myers? Stewart? Enroth?

Yeah, they are still being severely outplayed, out-shot, and out-possessed by the opposition on most occasions. Enroth is saving their butts with other worldly goaltending. This stretch is an outlier and will not last.

"The Sabres have won eight of 11. They’re 9-7-1 in their last 17 games and that’s no small sample size. It’s more than 20 percent of the season."

I don't think we've outshot a team all season, but these teams have to stop playing their backup goalies against us. That goaltender for Calgary was brutal.

The one or two times I've gone over to read the game threads on SabreSpace - they seem to be mocking anybody who wants the tank, and are loving all this.

It seems myopic beyond belief. This team is going nowhere.

Why would anybody want to finish in 25th place?!?

I'm so frustrated with them, and I don't get this thinking.

The one or two times I've gone over to read the game threads on SabreSpace - they seem to be mocking anybody who wants the tank, and are loving all this.

It seems myopic beyond belief. This team is going nowhere.

Why would anybody want to finish in 25th place?!?

I'm so frustrated with them, and I don't get this thinking.

Remember a bunch of years ago the same thing happened here on the Bills side... Some wanted the Bills to tank and they got mercilessly mocked out.

This sucks! Welcome to more years of mediocrity. But, the dopes on Sabres Space get to watch a few meaningless wins this year.

There's no way, with the Sabres' farm system, that this team should have "more years of mediocrity". One NHL draft choice isn't going to change much in the short term. The last "Connor McDavid" was Crosby and he was joined by plenty of other high round picks (Malkin, MAF, Staal, Whitney, etc) in the same time frame. The real key is hitting on more of the 2nd round + guys then developing and keeping them.

I will give you that it's disappointing right now that they're in that mediocre area between "real lottery" team and contending playoff team. But the improvement of the younger guys over the last 3 weeks is very heartening and we may have really found us a goaltender. I'd much rather be in the Sabres' shoes than Edmonton, Carolina, Arizona, Winnipeg...