Joe B. predicts the 53 for week 1

Lewis is the perfect PS guy to me. I doubt anyone is going to sign a #7 WR from a small school to their active roster. I suppose it's possible that he wows other teams in preseason games with a couple spectacular TDs but with all of our 12+ WR and our varied offense he's probably not going to see a ton of balls his way.

There are so many raw guys out there that most are fine sticking with their own for the PS has been my impression. If they venture out there are plenty of free agents with more flexibility for them. Rarely a need to truly poach a wr From a PS

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't forget it only happened because they couldn't find a partner willing to let them back in the 2nd round for Carlos Hyde. A 4th was a little bit steep for my tastes - a 5th I'd have said it was a no-lose option.

Hyde is so perfect for this current offense too. Hopefully Karlos has the same bulldozer style.

Right. But GMs, thankfully, don't think like fans do. I would bet anything that Whaley both still doesn't think that was a bad move (trading a #4 for Bryce Brown), and would have no problem whatsoever releasing him if he thought the guys he was keeping make the better roster.

He traded for Brown because two years in a row, Tashard Choice was our #3 RB and was not very good. The previous season, both CJ and Fred got hurt, and we were stuck with a lousy starting or #2 RB. The following year (this year) CJ would be a FA (who we didn't keep) and Fred would be 34 and not able to handle the rigors of being a #1 RB for 16 games. That was solid thinking then and solid thinking now. Whaley didn't know he would be able to trade for Shady.

It was a smart trade, because GM's are supposed to look short term, mid term, and long term, at the roster as a whole.

I also don't think, the Brown trade, was as bad of a move as some have made it out to be. Particularly because the insurance policy was already cashed in. If only he holds onto that damn ball it might look like a great move.

Edited by YattaOkasan

I also don't think, the Brown trade, was as bad of a move as some have made it out to be. Particularly because the insurance policy was already cashed in. If only he holds onto that damn ball it might look like a great move.

And he wasn't really being careless with it, and I blame it as much on Chandler not being able to just fall on it in the endzone as on Brown. He's only fumbled once in two years.

Joe B. also predicted that Manuel will be cut. I predict that Manuel will be the starting QB for the Bills on Day 1 and things are definitely moving in that direction.

No way does B. Brown make the team over Dixon. brown is playing and acting like he doesn't even want to be here. Dixon OTOH is a ST stud, a team leader, a good short yardage RB, and can play FB. Dixon will make the final roster!!

I don't think OG Richardson will necessarily make it.

WR Goodwin has been a standout while WR Lewis hasn't been healthy enough to show anything. Rex has raved about Goodwin as well. If he continues to play as he has I see Goodwin being much improved this year. His bug-a-boo has always been the injury bug.

I don't see the Bills keeping 11 DBs. Meeks/Cockrell will fight it out for the 10th DB spot. Both have not impressed thus far.

I do think TE Gray has a huge upside. I'm excited to see what he contributes this year.

Joe B. also predicted that Manuel will be cut. I predict that Manuel will be the starting QB for the Bills on Day 1 and things are definitely moving in that direction.

No way does B. Brown make the team over Dixon. brown is playing and acting like he doesn't even want to be here. Dixon OTOH is a ST stud, a team leader, a good short yardage RB, and can play FB. Dixon will make the final roster!!

I don't think OG Richardson will necessarily make it.

WR Goodwin has been a standout while WR Lewis hasn't been healthy enough to show anything. Rex has raved about Goodwin as well. If he continues to play as he has I see Goodwin being much improved this year. His bug-a-boo has always been the injury bug.

I don't see the Bills keeping 11 DBs. Meeks/Cockrell will fight it out for the 10th DB spot. Both have not impressed thus far.

I do think TE Gray has a huge upside. I'm excited to see what he contributes this year.

I'm no Joe B fan, but in fairness, it said he might be cut. Typical lazy reporting and saying the obvious (if EJ is really bad, he might be cut) but he never outright said he was going to get cut.

Speaking of which, anyone seen Leroi lately? :)

Edited by C.Biscuit97

CB,

I beg to differ. Joe B. (likely to make a name for himself or to draw attention to himself) made the comment that "there was a very good chance that Manuel would be cut this year".

It made the national news for Pete's sake. ESPN took it and ran with it.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

In fact, when all is said and done, not only will Manuel make the team, it will be Manuel who will be the starter from Day 1.

I don't even get the point of predicting 53 man rosters when training camp is not even starting for another month or so. If you really need clicks, can't you find something else to write about? :doh:

That would be so much more work...

It's super easy to copy and paste a roster and then just delete one of the QBs' names. Instant controversy and clicks.

And he wasn't really being careless with it, and I blame it as much on Chandler not being able to just fall on it in the endzone as on Brown. He's only fumbled once in two years.

no. it was careless. we have argued this before. it was stand out careless. some one should pull up the all 22 again.

how much money do the Bills save trading Brown?

notice i did not say cut. because some thinks he has value for someone.

Maybe if he had not gotten in Marrones doghouse he coulda proven his skillset. Because he does have one for sure.

McCoy Jackson Dixon, K Williams to ps ? no bryce.

I don't understand the politics of cutting Boobie. Whaley brought in both Dixon and Brown. I get that we paid more for Brown, but I don't think that means Whaley is more beholden to him than Dixon.

EDIT: I also don't understand why people think Dez Lewis will make the team with how loaded we are WR right now. He has been hurt so far, and is a rookie. Stash Lewis on the PS, and I would be very surprised to see anyone take him. Then if Harvin acts up you can bring him up, but right now I think Goodwin has to be in.

I agree, Yatta. Brown stays only if he beats someone out and plays special teams. Dixon, so far, is not being beat out and, he has that special teams advantage.

Agree on Lewis, also. But, I think they may stop at 5 WR and keep 4 TE or another OLman

I don't see Chris Williams making it but I think we keep 4 guys who can play OT. Unless Cyril Richardson steps up in a big way, my ears flickered when I heard something about Hunter "being able to play any position" and I wonder (assuming he shows something) if Rex has the idea of keeping Hunter and Urbik as a pair of utility infielders and outfielders. I would hope he has to prove something though.

Joe B. is comical. This same guy pretty much lobbied for Hackett as HC on WGR. Ok..frigging Nate Hackett.

His columns are worthless and laughable. I'd rather read Jerry Sullivan.

At one point, I respected Joe B. He has gone downhill, just as he thinks he's somehow ascending the ranks of Buffalo sports reporters. I've never been a huge Sal Capaccio fan, but his written articles have been solid in my book. Joe B has just gotten too "cute" I think. He really jumped the shark when we was watching all that Jake Locker film right before leaving WGR. Generally speaking, I think WGR could use a shakeup. It won't happen though. All four of the main guys seem to be sacred cows and I am quite sure their ratings are excellent these days.

There is a surprise or two every year. This year there will be two and one or both of the depth safeties will also not make it.

Both Easley and Jackson will not make the team.

Hogan and Robert Woods can do what Easley does on ST's - not to mention Darby. I think they keep Goodwin and just go with five WR's, 3 TE's and keep an extra LB.

Fred does not make the team. I want him to but I think his age will show itself terribly in camp this year. They keep Dixon and Brown.

I predicted Graham to safety. I think Rambo and Meeks might be gone. I don't think much of either of them. I don't think the fourth safety is on the roster right now.

Edited by Dragonborn10

They just drafted a big back in Williams who plays ST. They brought in arguably the best FB in the NFL in Felton.

Boobie already played for Roman and was reduced to 4th string. Their backfield wasn't impressive outside of Gore.

Brown's the only guy we have outside of McCoy who has speed, agility, and the skill set to be an all-around back.

The point about Boobie playing for Roman and being surplussed is a good one. He was a special teams ace in Frisco and here, but it's certainly possible the new admin will put a different value on STers.

Chris Brown just said Goodwin us one of few backups who had a great camp and could surprise

I think they keep six. Lewis goes to PS. Only three TE

Huh. I read he had passes bounce off his hands and came up limping 2 days in a row? I wasn't there obviously. Chris Brown was.

Huh. I read he had passes bounce off his hands and came up limping 2 days in a row? I wasn't there obviously. Chris Brown was.

he only dropped the one pass, per reports. He did get shaken up twice but never missed a beat. Edited by YoloinOhio

The point about Boobie playing for Roman and being surplussed is a good one. He was a special teams ace in Frisco and here, but it's certainly possible the new admin will put a different value on STers.

Special teams were a huge part of us staying in and/or winning games last season. With a vastly improved offense, we may not need quite as much help from the special teams, but the sport remains a three-phase sport. Dixon has proven to be reliable enough when called on to run the ball and has also proven to be a major asset on teams. Brown has proven to be unreliable, even if the ceiling as a back is higher.

Edited by Big C