Levitre About To Lose His Starting Spot?

H2o

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Levitre all but benched it appears.

Has been running with the second team for several days.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/titansinsider/2015/08/20/5-quick-observations-thursdays-titans-practice/32053973/

Rotoworld saying he is becoming a "mega-bust."

Yikes. I completely forgot how much money they paid him. Brutal for the Titans.

Chad Rinehart was released by the Chargers in March of this year, a year after signing a new 2-year contract with the Chargers, and two years after initially signing with them. Did he lose it so quickly that no other team wanted him?

I thought his departure was a bad thing for the Bills, with Levitre leaving at the same time. Rinehart was a versatile, dependable player.

More on other guards: The Jets had Oday Aboushi suspended for one game for pot possession. There's talk that he could be cut because he doesn't fit Bowles' scheme, but that he did great under the previous coach.

Hmmmm.

Edited by Utah John

Even if Levitre is losing his starting spot, that's one hell of a career for a guy we cavalierly let get away. You won't get a lot of arguments that it was one of the top 10 stupid decisions of the 15 year drought.

Even if Levitre is losing his starting spot, that's one hell of a career for a guy we cavalierly let get away. You won't get a lot of arguments that it was one of the top 10 stupid decisions of the 15 year drought.

I think most fans here said that is why too much to pay for him and no way we should pay that and it sucks but good riddance. Not many thought that was a big mistake as I recall. Not replacing him was another story but I didn't think anyone thought we should pay him the 50 m he could get.

can't tell if that's sarcastic....if so, kudos

anyway, i'll eat crow on this one...i thought it was a bad move not paying him

I will. It wasn't levitre. Is was the contingency plan that didn't happen.

So the Legursky project didn't cut it for you? Well at least they fixed it with C Williams. Oh wait..

Richardson.. not yet ?

Richie. Thats should fix it.

It was time for Andy to leave and you are correct. It was the lack of good planning that exacerbated the situation.

Except they're walking-wounded. They'd be better off in the infirmary.

Is there room for them even at the official Bills MASH unit?

More on other guards: The Jets had Oday Aboushi suspended for one game for pot possession. There's talk that he could be cut because he doesn't fit Bowles' scheme, but that he did great under the previous coach.

Hmmmm.

Incoming Jets!

They really, really, REALLY missed Levitre that first year.

Worst LG play in the league missed.

Game-losing-because-of missed.

Last year wasn't much better and they paid 3 veteran FA's to replace Levitre to boot.

Having to pay free agents is the COST of not properly evaluating and replenishing talent.

If you pass on paying one of your own best players and then end up with terrible play at that position............you lost.

The fact that his play has been in decline is basically cherry picking trying to find some satisfaction in a series of events that includes extending Eric Wood and having him turn into a bad center and signing Chris Williams. :doh:

Last year wasn't much better and they paid 3 veteran FA's to replace Levitre to boot.

Having to pay free agents is the COST of not properly evaluating and replenishing talent.

If you pass on paying one of your own best players and then end up with terrible play at that position............you lost.

The fact that his play has been in decline is basically cherry picking trying to find some satisfaction in a series of events that includes extending Eric Wood and having him turn into a bad center and signing Chris Williams. :doh:

You would have paid Levitre $50m?

Yeah, I bet they are jumping for joy in Tennessee right now. I sure wish we had a backup guard with an $8.6M cap hit.

For those that want to reminisce Levitre: Hasn't heard anything from the Bills yet

You would have paid Levitre $50m?

C'mon dude you know Levitre didn't get paid $50M.

Levitre signing bonus in 2013.......$10.5M

Eric Wood signing bonus in 2013.....$9M

Bill from NYC has laid this out a million times.

Can't even fathom why this is contract is still considered some major dodged-bullet.

Levitre's contract was basically a 2 year gamble on a guy who at the time was considered one of the 2-3 best players at his position in the league.

Add in Chris Williams signing bonus in 2014.......$5.5M

I mean........you guys are just wrong.

Levitre all but benched it appears.

Has been running with the second team for several days.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/titansinsider/2015/08/20/5-quick-observations-thursdays-titans-practice/32053973/

Rotoworld saying he is becoming a "mega-bust."

He was a half guard when he was here and he became less of a half guard there. He more than anyone benefited from Gailey's design and Fitz's ability to get it out in 2 ticks or less.

Best money we never spent.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

C'mon dude you know Levitre didn't get paid $50M.

Levitre signing bonus in 2013.......$10.5M

Eric Wood signing bonus in 2013.....$9M

Bill from NYC has laid this out a million times.

Can't even fathom why this is contract is still considered some major dodged-bullet.

Levitre's contract was basically a 2 year gamble on a guy who at the time was considered one of the 2-3 best players at his position in the league.

Add in Chris Williams signing bonus in 2014.......$5.5M

I mean........you guys are just wrong.

He got 13m guaranteed. And it doesnt matter what his first two years were, he wasn't going to sign for anything much less than his market value, which was 6-47m. You could not have signed him to a 2 year contract. You would have had to give him something like what he got. At least 5-40 with 20 mil in first two years.