Sunday Ticket - Start your Engines

Griz

https://nflst.directv.com/

This product appears to have opened up to more locations, or at least I was able to get it this year with my home address (perhaps the fact I have AT&T for cell service, but I don't see that stated anywhere). Also, I signed up for the cheapest package and was upgraded to Max for free. So if you sign up, may want to try that.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://nflst.directv.com/

This product appears to have opened up to more locations, or at least I was able to get it this year with my home address (perhaps the fact I have AT&T for cell service, but I don't see that stated anywhere). Also, I signed up for the cheapest package and was upgraded to Max for free. So if you sign up, may want to try that.

That link kicks me over to the DTV main webpage. Does that mean they know where I live and I ain't getting this?

Currently In a holding pattern awaiting the first week of the season to make another call.

Not sure the first week would be a good time to call as DTV always gives the first week of the season free to everyone, so I'd think their stratagy would be to expect many to call and sig nup that week, so limit the discounts

Anyone know if now that they're part of the AT&T family that it's going to impact the offers they're giving and the discounts for Sunday ticket etc? Maybe that is part of the reason it's getting tougher for many people calling?

I've wondered this to. People have said no, but how would any of us really know. Seems like for DSL & phone service ATT (and cable) tend not to offer as many deals as DTV

The only other thing he mentioned that I hadn't seen before was that after the season, I should cancel my Sunday ticket as they are able to give the best offer (free) to non subscribers.

I called up 4 times this offseason, the third call I cancled ST, fourth call I made got me the best offer which I did take, may have nothing to do with canceling, but who knows for certain??

For what its worth, he said I should cancel Sunday Ticket when the season ended, then wait until July or August and see what they will do. If you read my original post, I received more in discounts $30 times 12 than the cost of Sunday ticket. I didn't think it was any harder to accomplish than in previous years, but definitely recommend you ask for customer retention right away. I suggest you play the loyalty angle and I've even used "I've heard others get similar breaks" I have never had a bad experience handling it this way and they usually tell me about other ways I can save money in the future.

For what its worth, he said I should cancel Sunday Ticket when the season ended, then wait until July or August and see what they will do. If you read my original post, I received more in discounts $30 times 12 than the cost of Sunday ticket. I didn't think it was any harder to accomplish than in previous years, but definitely recommend you ask for customer retention right away. I suggest you play the loyalty angle and I've even used "I've heard others get similar breaks" I have never had a bad experience handling it this way and they usually tell me about other ways I can save money in the future.

I don't understand cancelling something when it's already completed....unless you're talking about auto renewal.

Yes. He said that instead of letting it auto renew to cancel the ST subscription. He said then call back when new season is about to begin and negotiate for $0 cost. He stated that they have more options that way. I'm no longer on a contract, but I've never gotten ST for free since the first year when it was much cheaper (think around $150 for season)

I have been with DTV for over 15 years and cancelled Sun Tix a few years ago. It's more fun to go to a bar than watch at home, a lot more expensive, but it is not about the money.

Anyway, I called the other night and they transferred me to the group that handles this. I chatted with the guy for a bit, nice guy but sadly an Eagles fan. I did not try to pull any "I am going to cancel." I just said, I'd like to get Sun Tix free for being a loyal DTV subscriber. He went to his boss and gave me Sun Tix and Sun Tix Max or whatever it is called for free.

No pain, no whining....

But I don't think I will tell my wife I have it and will just keep going to the bar....

Just got a terrific deal, but what helped is that I also use ATT U-verse.

With DirecTV becoming DirecTV - An ATT Company, all I needed was my special offer from Time Warner Cable, and a friendly agent, and started rattling off all that I got: internet, TV, free installation, whole-house DVR, $300 Visa Card...all for $89.99/month.

By the time we got done, I was getting free Ticket Max, 4-months of Showtime, $55/month off my total bill plus an extra $10/month for combining the two bills.

So everything, including internet, for $92/mo.

Good for a year. Good for me.

Does anyone here know if the free Sunday ticket given to first time subscribers includes "max" (eg. online access)? I've got two people who subscribed this year and they'd be happy to share their logins w/me. I'm still fuzzy on whats included though.

Just got a terrific deal, but what helped is that I also use ATT U-verse.

With DirecTV becoming DirecTV - An ATT Company, all I needed was my special offer from Time Warner Cable, and a friendly agent, and started rattling off all that I got: internet, TV, free installation, whole-house DVR, $300 Visa Card...all for $89.99/month.

By the time we got done, I was getting free Ticket Max, 4-months of Showtime, $55/month off my total bill plus an extra $10/month for combining the two bills.

So everything, including internet, for $92/mo.

Good for a year. Good for me.

Cheers man! Well done.

Does anyone here know if the free Sunday ticket given to first time subscribers includes "max" (eg. online access)? I've got two people who subscribed this year and they'd be happy to share their logins w/me. I'm still fuzzy on whats included though.

I believe it is the basic ST.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay...so just off the phone with them.

I must note i found them overcharging me for a protection plan to the tune of close to $20 a month for last two years...i was not happy bout that.

Free Ticket

1/2 Price Max

$20 off Bill permanently( for the $20 they were overcharging)

Sending me another genie

$217 refund

called last night, my son's soccer games are now on Sunday(true, not made up- he loves it but they start at 1:00 or 3:30 central until 11/1, arrrgh) and it will be difficult to not know the score before i get home so i don't need Sunday Ticket, no Sunday ticket/no direct tv- please cancel

after 25 minutes of pleasant discussion

-free Sunday ticket max with all the bells and whistles

-2 new DVR's w Genie free

- $15 off/month for a year (offset by my addition of fox soccer plus @ $15/month)

- $30 off /month for a year as loyalty boink as customer since 2001

always start by canceling the whole service- never ask for a reduced price or canceling just Sunday ticket

called last night, my son's soccer games are now on Sunday(true, not made up- he loves it but they start at 1:00 or 3:30 central until 11/1, arrrgh) and it will be difficult to not know the score before i get home so i don't need Sunday Ticket, no Sunday ticket/no direct tv- please cancel

after 25 minutes of pleasant discussion

-free Sunday ticket max with all the bells and whistles

-2 new DVR's w Genie free

- $15 off/month for a year (offset by my addition of fox soccer plus @ $15/month)

- $30 off /month for a year as loyalty boink as customer since 2001

always start by canceling the whole service- never ask for a reduced price or canceling just Sunday ticket

everyone does things differently. I never cancel, threaten to cancel or are rude to them and I get great discounts

Called today after procrastinating on this. Ended up going to Retention because the first rep only could offer me $20 off for six months. Retention was definitely more aggressive. Free ST plus $20 off for six months plus $30 more off for the next year. I'm using the first $20 off to upgrade to STMAX tomorrow, which is almost a wash.

Net: STMAX Free plus $30 off for the next year.

Definitely worth an hour of my time during work today! :flirt:

It pays to wait until just before the start of the season.

$40 off my bill for 12 months.

20% off Sunday Ticket

All with just a 1 year agreement, which is aptly timed to terminate at the beginning of the next season :).

Something to note: I received Sunday Ticket for $99 and $20 off my bill for 12 months plus free showtime for 4 months. However i checked my account and noticed the Sunday Ticket had not been activated. Used the chat function online and they showed it was not active, however the agreement was saved in the notes on my account.

Before Sunday hits you may want to check and make certain that the Sunday Ticket is activated.

Something to note: I received Sunday Ticket for $99 and $20 off my bill for 12 months plus free showtime for 4 months. However i checked my account and noticed the Sunday Ticket had not been activated. Used the chat function online and they showed it was not active, however the agreement was saved in the notes on my account.

Before Sunday hits you may want to check and make certain that the Sunday Ticket is activated.

Thats good advice. I ran into this a few years back.

I hate that you have to call and haggle every year, but it definitely is worth it.

Good catch. But we should all check before week 2 also, since all DTV subscribers get ticket free for week 1