Russ Brandon needs to go

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They would have signed anything? How do you know this? Were you there? Have you ever had to deal with municipal or county government on any kind of agreement?

They would have signed anything? How do you know this? Were you there? Have you ever had to deal with municipal or county government on any kind of agreement?

Come on! There was not a more desperate and craven bunch than the Erie County crew. You really think, with the possibility of the Bills leaving Buffalo being floated, that they were going to play hardball with the team on a lease that pretty much guaranteed that they would stay--an "all your dreams come true" agreement?

You are making no sense at all now....

you have to also take into account the Erie County/State party. Their goals were probably to cut their costs, increase Bills' costs, and also Make the lease as iron clad as possible for as long term as possible. I doubt they talked the Bills into having that out clause and making it a 10 year lease as opposed to 50. The Bills were likely Yanking in the other direction.

Mr Wilson's passing couldn't have been timed better in terms of the life of that lease. Concrete on the foundations of the renovations wasn't even dried yet.

I really don't think Brandon rode in on a white horse and saved the Bills in these negotiations. Mr Wilson/Littman did us a solid by signing off on the terms though.

Now that we have owners hungry and committed to winning, I'm not so concerned with Brandon. Under Wilson's structure, he was certainly much more influential on the football product and was the front man publicly for everything which was a bad look for skeptics like me. I dont want to hear him on WGR talking about NFL strategies going forward and how they want to build the team, etc... Now there is a perception that he is truly the business man. That I can tolerate.

Like I said though. I have trouble forgiving him for the Toronto series... and also his explanation that it was on us fans for the inability to sell out games/our market here was exhausted.

It's not a scientific poll but the people that I worked with at a high level are envious of him. He's really good.

The Toronto thing was what is was. It was what the Bills had to do to be able to compete. That isn't what a lot of people wanted but they had to funnel the revenue back to Grosse Pointe to get the okay to spend. It wasn't perfect but from the business side the Bills are really, really, really good.

I've seen some terrible operations even with well respected team (the Chicago Bulls). The Bills operation is buttoned up but has some market limitations.

Stop trying to win WEO over. His mind is set. His opinions trump your facts. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Hardy frickin' har. Greatest misfortune of Pegula era has been that this clown show did not getting tossed out with the rest of the circus

Just for old time's sake, had to do it.

Anyone else NOT miss those days of TBD? What were some of the other classically annoying weekly thread titles? I've almost forgotten...

(Hi Russ.)

Edited by Gabe Northern

Greatest misfortune of Pegula era has been that this clown show did not getting tossed out with the rest of the circus

With today's ticket sales announcement, I suspect Peg's likes what Russ brings to the big top...

Edited by Lurker

With today's ticket sales announcement, I suspect Peg's likes what Russ brings to the big top...

You will see really impressive work when the new stadium gets rolling. I would expect to hear something on that in the not so distant future. The ball is rolling behind the scenes already. The full court press will be on at that point but the Bills will be in a really stable place then.

Not surprisingly, some folks here didnt get the joke and want to continue to bash Brandon. Too bad.

As much as I hated the Toronto deal, it was put together VERY well in the Bills' favor. The Bills got all the cash upfront, and it was up to the Toronto group to sell the tickets and make their money back. This put a ton of cash in the Bills' pocket, and thus was directly responsible for being able to sign Mario Williams.

No Toronto deal = No Mario Williams. Ralph would never have dipped into his own savings account like that without having recently made that big deposit.

I also feel the Toronto deal satiated Goodell's desire to move into the Toronto market without having to move the Bills completely. It gave the NFL a taste of what it could expect up there, and lucky for us, it tasted like ****. I also think this played into the support Goodell showed for keeping the team in Buffalo.

Losing those home games sucked, but luckily we werent missing much anyways considering we sent 6-10 teams up there every year.

There are plenty of silver linings to that deal if you want to see them. But thank god it's over and done with now.

Seriously, he does need to go...

I always come back to the fact that he's always been associated with losing during his tenure with the Bills. You need executive leadership that have driven and been a part of success and know how to replicate it. He doesn't.

So, he's gotten really good at selling false hope. That's his value to this organization.

If the team begins winning and develops a winning culture that sustains, we don't need him or his false hope anymore.

Then, I don't have to read the stupid/biased "what they're saying" articles on their official web-site, and can see the proof on the field.

Sorry... bad mood today

I always come back to the fact that he's always been associated with losing during his tenure with the Bills. You need executive leadership that have driven and been a part of success and know how to replicate it. He doesn't.

So, he's gotten really good at selling false hope. That's his value to this organization.

If the team begins winning and develops a winning culture that sustains, we don't need him or his false hope anymore.

Then, I don't have to read the stupid/biased "what they're saying" articles on their official web-site, and can see the proof on the field.

Sorry... bad mood today

He was an executive on a WS team so that pretty much makes your first point moot. You're right though, I'm sure that new ownership is dying to get rid of a guy that is leading the highest sales in franchise history.

Russ has some issues without question but more than anything people don't understand the job. If they had a better sense for what the job entails we wouldn't have some of the comments. "The guy in charge of sales has been very successful with a bad team so he needs to go." What?!? That is the goal in sales in sports to be able to insulate from team performance. It is easy to sell for a winning team. The challenge is keeping revenue numbers up when the team isn't as good. You would think that this is common sense but apparently it isn't.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Sorry... bad mood today

Waaaaaaahhhhh.

He was an executive on a WS team so that pretty much makes your first point moot. You're right though, I'm sure that new ownership is dying to get rid of a guy that is leading the highest sales in franchise history.

Russ has some issues without question but more than anything people don't understand the job. If they had a better sense for what the job entails we wouldn't have some of the comments. "The guy in charge of sales has been very successful with a bad team so he needs to go." What?!? That is the goal in sales in sports to be able to insulate from team performance. It is easy to sell for a winning team. The challenge is keeping revenue numbers up when the team isn't as good. You would think that this is common sense but apparently it isn't.

Well said. Yea, I don't get all the Russ hate. I think he also laid the blueprint for pursuing free agents/coaches when he took over. Sure, he'll try and blow sunshine up everyone's ass because that's his job but when he goes on record of being dissatisfied about something changes get made. Toronto series and I remember after a poor team home game performance he said it was unacceptable during either Jauron or Gailey's last season. I do feel that Russ does care about the community and making the Bills a success on the field.

Stop trying to win WEO over. His mind is set. His opinions trump your facts.

The relevant fact I cited was that the Bills don't do well in sales/promotions, even when compared to other (bad) teams. I cited that to support my disagrrement with Kirby's opinion that Brandon is great at sales, and that he is among the top 5 team president's/FO guys in all of sports. I made a pretty straightforward argument to support my opinion. Kirby's a bright guy, I respect his opinion. We disagree. I could be wrong.

Try to keep up or go back the kid's table....

Sorry... bad mood today

Your user name would like a divorce.

lolzz

Your user name would like a divorce.

No . i think he has the right name when you think about it.

Not surprisingly, some folks here didnt get the joke and want to continue to bash Brandon. Too bad.

As much as I hated the Toronto deal, it was put together VERY well in the Bills' favor. The Bills got all the cash upfront, and it was up to the Toronto group to sell the tickets and make their money back. This put a ton of cash in the Bills' pocket, and thus was directly responsible for being able to sign Mario Williams.

No Toronto deal = No Mario Williams. Ralph would never have dipped into his own savings account like that without having recently made that big deposit.

I also feel the Toronto deal satiated Goodell's desire to move into the Toronto market without having to move the Bills completely. It gave the NFL a taste of what it could expect up there, and lucky for us, it tasted like ****. I also think this played into the support Goodell showed for keeping the team in Buffalo.

Losing those home games sucked, but luckily we werent missing much anyways considering we sent 6-10 teams up there every year.

There are plenty of silver linings to that deal if you want to see them. But thank god it's over and done with now.

good post!

I'm so $%#@ing done with this team

CBF

Your a Mod.

so you cant ever be done with this team.

be careful for what you wish for CBF :flirt: