Bills' Mandatory Minicamp: June 16-18

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sal on radio just now said he didn't think Rex was as impressed with EJ as the media was. He doesn't think he wants him. He think he's 3rd on the list of who he wants.

Sal, Bulldog and Schopp needs to realize when there is a wolf in sheep clothing! Could it be that Rex is trying to motivate EJ even more by downplaying his play?? Maybe he knows this is what he must do to push EJ. Many have said that EJ is major competitive and maybe this is Rex's way of keeping EJ from being complacent with his play so far. Trying to keep EJs foot on the gas pedal. I wonder????

Sal, Bulldog and Schopp needs to realize when there is a wolf in sheep clothing! Could it be that Rex is trying to motivate EJ even more by downplaying his play?? Maybe he knows this is what he must do to push EJ. Many have said that EJ is major competitive and maybe this is Rex's way of keeping EJ from being complacent with his play so far. Trying to keep EJs foot on the gas pedal. I wonder????

It's completely meaningless but if Joe B is complimenting EJ, he had a good day. Hopefully, one of the guys can play so well that he can't even be a question who the starter is.

And given the amount of support some of us have given him, hopefully it's EJ. :) (Anyone But Cassel who I love as a backup/ mentor).

Cyrus on Murph's show said they took away there playbooks (tablets) at the end of mini camp .

I would think the players should be studying it over the next 6 weeks, considering it's new.

i agree with your take that this guy has soooomeone on the inside.

the only thing i can imagine is that they think the other 2 are real long shots so on a practical level they were hoping the vet could show up as the steady hand. instead he remained a question mark and thats not where they expected him to be at this point.

I think it's reasonable that the coaches expected the most experienced QB to be the most consistent in practices in shorts. I'm guessing Chenelly either misunderstood or misquoted his "source" -- it does not make sense to use the word "hoped" in that scenario. They didn't "hope" EJ or TT lit it up?

Joe B has been hacked! Where have the sock pictures been and #staywoke!

He had been taking twitter heat for his open disdain and bias against Manuel.

Cyrus Kouandjio confident 2015 will bring marked progress

With his second Bills training camp now on the horizon, Cyrus Kouandjio believes he’s capably positioned himself to compete for a starting role.

The funny thing is Joe B is a huge Florida State fan as thats his alma mater so you would think he would be a big EJ fan too

CBF

1) He didn't graduate from FSU.

2) QBs get too much credit/ blame for wins/ losses. FSU lost NCSU in a bad loss this senior year. EJ wasn't great that game, but he wasn't that bad (17/29 for 218 yards, 1 td, 1 int). FSU was up 16-0 and lost 17-16. Defense doesn't get blame, just the QB. http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=322800152

It was the same way his rookie year. Defense blows 4th quarter leads against the PAts and Falcons, which would have given EJ a winning record as a rookie. Russell Wilson is a really good QB, but he gets more credit because he plays on a great team.

3) Winston won a title the next year. Of course, Tee Martin won a title the year after Peyton left.

i agree with your take that this guy has soooomeone on the inside.

the only thing i can imagine is that they think the other 2 are real long shots so on a practical level they were hoping the vet could show up as the steady hand. instead he remained a question mark and thats not where they expected him to be at this point.

That's how I took it.

1) He didn't graduate from FSU.

2) QBs get too much credit/ blame for wins/ losses. FSU lost NCSU in a bad loss this senior year. EJ wasn't great that game, but he wasn't that bad (17/29 for 218 yards, 1 td, 1 int). FSU was up 16-0 and lost 17-16. Defense doesn't get blame, just the QB. http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=322800152

It was the same way his rookie year. Defense blows 4th quarter leads against the PAts and Falcons, which would have given EJ a winning record as a rookie. Russell Wilson is a really good QB, but he gets more credit because he plays on a great team.

3) Winston won a title the next year. Of course, Tee Martin won a title the year after Peyton left.

My bad.

He did go there right? I thought I heard him mention he went there on WGR a few times

CBF

interestingly, Sal backed off those comments this morning. He said he listened to the presser again, and didn't think it was quite that obvious that Rex didn't think EJ did well/wasn't happy.

I think it's reasonable that the coaches expected the most experienced QB to be the most consistent in practices in shorts. I'm guessing Chenelly either misunderstood or misquoted his "source" -- it does not make sense to use the word "hoped" in that scenario. They didn't "hope" EJ or TT lit it up?

i mean, we hope everyone looks like all pros, so its a word thats tough. on a practical level im guessing they expected more ups/downs from the young guys, and expected a higher floor out of cassel. that hasnt happened like they expected, or in turn possibly hoped would develop.

i might be wrong, but i think we get caught up in trying to read too much into exact words instead of using common sense to read between the lines of what would be practical.

i mean, we hope everyone looks like all pros, so its a word thats tough. on a practical level im guessing they expected more ups/downs from the young guys, and expected a higher floor out of cassel. that hasnt happened like they expected, or in turn possibly hoped would develop.

i might be wrong, but i think we get caught up in trying to read too much into exact words instead of using common sense to read between the lines of what would be practical.

Particularly in print, words are all we have. Much easier in a verbal conversation to relay intent.

In any case, I think we agree regarding what the coaches were looking for/expecting.