For those of you thinking Manny Lawson is on the bubble...

eball

He's a perfect fit for Rex D. I don't understand why he would be on the bubble. I know he has a decent contract but we aren't trying to win the salary cap bowl. I love this team's depth on D. It's sick.

Edited by YoloinOhio

He was on the bubble if we stuck with last year's scheme cos he never had a real fit. Now? He will have a big role this year.

Bingo. As a role player he fits his role much better this year than last.

100%. I look forward to him making me eat my words when I was all over him after his disaster in Denver.

i'm going the other way......he winds up getting cut.

you save $1 mil this year and $3.5 mil next year.

To be fair, the cap hit cutting him now vs next year for next years accounting probably is nearly identical. The dudes dead money next year would be very low even if he plays out this year.

i'm going the other way......he winds up getting cut.

you save $1 mil this year and $3.5 mil next year.

Are you just being a contrarian, or do you really believe the Bills will cut Lawson over $$?

If the latter, well, just wow.

Who thought Lawson was on the bubble? He's tailor made for the Rex Ryan defense.

There was some pretty rampant speculation in another thread, pointing out some key mistakes by Lawson in the KC game last season.

Are you just being a contrarian, or do you really believe the Bills will cut Lawson over $$?

If the latter, well, just wow.

While I don't think Lawson will be cut, he very well could be a cap casualty if we go after a certain recently cut OL.