How much is your typical cell phone bill?

About the same but 15GB a month... 4 lines though. Wife, son, daughter and myself... Just over 2 bills a month. As I shake my head in disbelief.

Oh... Verizon.

3 lines, 2GB/each of data, unlimited everything else - just over 2 bills, as well. Also VZW.

3 lines, 2GB/each of data, unlimited everything else - just over 2 bills, as well. Also VZW.

Mine is closer to 250... Sometimes it goes over like the 80 dollar package I bought when my son went to Europe.

$180/mo for 3 Samsung Galaxy 6's with unlimited calls and text and 10GB shared data on VZ. (Includes a corporate discount.)

That's about right... Sounds like Gug is getting boned... The only disocunt I got was as old as the hills. Back when they were Ameritech, there was a gov't employee discount... I think that's still on Verizon... It's only like 15 bucks or so.

1 line. Unlimited text, pix. 450 day minutes. Unlimited Verizon, weekend and night minutes. Unlimited data - which I don't know if I really need any more. I seldom use data - may 1gig a month.

For the national championship game I used 5 gigs on that alone.

I pay $90. Verizon. And I get calls and place them where no one else can.

1 line. Unlimited text, pix. 450 day minutes. Unlimited Verizon, weekend and night minutes. Unlimited data - which I don't know if I really need any more. I seldom use data - may 1gig a month.

Three things I kick myself in the ass:

Not getting the unlimited data early and being granfathered in.

Not getting a life subscription to Sirius radio

and 3:

Not getting Blackhawks season tix when the team was begging me to (about 10 years ago)... I told them off and said I was a Sabres fan... Boy what a sick twist... I could have been making a TON of money selling to all the bandwagon Chicago fans... For years... Who thought the old coot would kick the bucket and the team would take off! :-( :-(

I was late to grasp the concept of StubHub...

I can only imagine where you place them.

Three things I kick myself in the ass:

Not getting the unlimited data early and being granfathered in.

Not getting a life subscription to Sirius radio

and 3:

Not getting Blackhawks season tix when the team was begging me to (about 10 years ago)... I told them off and said I was a Sabres fan... Boy what a sick twist... I could have been making a TON of money selling to all the bandwagon Chicago fans... For years... Who thought the old coot would kick the bucket and the team would take off! :-( :-(

I was late to grasp the concept of StubHub...

1. Yep. Got it.

2. Yep, got it. Well, three lifetime subs, first one was $249. Second was $299. Third was $399. Still averaged out over the ten years I've had it its still not much off monthly charge.

3. Don't want it.

I can only imagine where you place them.

place my phone? Its in my pocket.

1. Yep. Got it.

2. Yep, got it. Well, three lifetime subs, first one was $249. Second was $299. Third was $399. Still averaged out over the ten years I've had it its still not much off monthly charge.

3. Don't want it.

Three lifetime subs?

Three lifetime subs?

yep. There is a catch though, they only work on Sirius units. Since sirius XM merged the merger means Sirius XM doesn't have to honor Sirius radios. So I have 5-6 Sirius units that work as backups. They also do t tell you that you can only forward the sub 3 times. And it costs $50 for the radio activation.

1. Yep. Got it.

3. Don't want it.

Yeah, I remember you saying that you had the first two. The last one is what I really want... I'd make a mint selling every single one of those through the season. It would be very lucrative in this market.

I just got back from WNY... Went on the Canadian side of The Falls. How does it block me from using the American towers just a stones throw away across the gorge/river?

It doesn't, you're just closer to the Canadian towers, so your phone picks up the strongest signal. Turn data roaming off, and that should keep you better tethered to the US carriers. Plus the further away from the Falls & the river the weaker the US signal gets.

I have an old grandfathered account w tmobile.

i pay 125 3 lines

unlimited calls

unlimited text

5g data one line

2.5 or 3g one line

wifi for the kid

10 bucks more for the kid to have internet 2.5 or 3 gigs

2 bills, too much.

call tmobile. never had a problem with them.

4 cell phone lines with unlimited texting and unlimited minutes

2.5 gb data per line

1 home phone (VOIP) with unlimited minutes

Unlimited calling to 70+ countries

$139 with 12% corporate discount.

T-Mobile

So far you win.

Wow this is a steal.

Two lines my wife has a cheapo phone so no data

Mine unlimited data (grandfathered in) unlimited texts. Not sure what else I've got

$154/mo.

A high monthly fee for one. A few options in this thread should save you a boatload of money. Unless you really use the unlimited data. I have rarely needed more than 2 GB as most times i am connected to wifi.

So far you win.

Wow this is a steal.

I don't think I am that special (to TMobile anyway). If people stay on top of the specials, there is a very good chance to cut their bills by quite a bit. The only downside I have seen to Tmobile is rather poor data coverage away from the towns. But I am in those locations for such a small percent of time, that I can live with said poor coverage esp for the moolah I save.

A high monthly fee for one. A few options in this thread should save you a boatload of money. Unless you really use the unlimited data. I have rarely needed more than 2 GB as most times i am connected to wifi.

I don't think I am that special (to TMobile anyway). If people stay on top of the specials, there is a very good chance to cut their bills by quite a bit. The only downside I have seen to Tmobile is rather poor data coverage away from the towns. But I am in those locations for such a small percent of time, that I can live with said poor coverage esp for the moolah I save.

This is true for every carrier. They all have some iffy spots. Yes, even verizon.

Some are known to be better and some are known to be worse (metro piece of crap) My mom had metro at one point. 1 page would load every 2 minutes. Eff Metropcs.

It doesn't, you're just closer to the Canadian towers, so your phone picks up the strongest signal. Turn data roaming off, and that should keep you better tethered to the US carriers. Plus the further away from the Falls & the river the weaker the US signal gets.

Wow... Thanx! It was asking me... In Clipper's hospitality: "Welcome to Canada... Yada yada yada... Do want to accept data roaming for this trip... Yada yada yada..." I was like yes, thinking whaat the bill was going to be when I shot off some pics, etc... LoL... I was wondering how it calculated that i was in Canada just a 1,000 feet or so from the US... I usually have GPS turned off.

2 phones unlimited text 6 gb 170 with all the taxes. Por..... Never mind

Verizon New price at BJ 's 132 plus taxes. Getting new phones next week

Verizon is giving BJ's... Where do I sign up! Do we get asked: "Would ya?" first?

I've gone over 5 GB three months the past year but mostly 2.5-3 GB. I don't always connect to.

I am not sure who is gobbling up the data. One went to 15 GB and it seems like I approach it faster than with 10. Can that be true. Must be one of the children hogging and not connecting to WiFi?

For some reason the Family Share Plan does not break it down anymore.

Thats why I dont like shared data plans. Too much trouble to police the family members. Much better with individual allocation - once you are done, T-mobile throttles it back to pre-historic age speeds. If someone hits that mark, they are a lot more careful in the future. And really, with ubiquitous wifi, a regular user should not need more than 2.5 -3 gb per month from a cell provider

Republic Wireless Moto X smartphone - - engineered to switch calls seamlessly between WiFi when available to Sprint cell towers when WiFi is not available

$11.82/month all in including all taxes

unlimited talk and and unlimited text

unlimited data, but on my nominal $10/month plan, data is only accessible via Wi-Fi (Data via cell towers is available with a more expensive monthly plan - - no charge to switch plans up to twice per month - - I'm fine with data by only WiFi so I never switch monthly plans)

no roaming charges

customer service only available online (can never talk to a customer service rep), but haven't ever needed it

WiFi is available in more and more places these days - - if you can live with data access that's WiFi only then you can't beat this plan for the price!

Some fairly recently announced future changes on the way (including access to an as yet unspecified non-Sprint network):

http://www.cnet.com/news/republic-wireless-to-credit-customers-for-unused-data/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_Wireless

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

2 lines, 3G for $130. Doesn't seem like a great deal but I wonder how much location impacts pricing.

I miss having work pay for all this.

Thats why I dont like shared data plans. Too much trouble to police the family members. Much better with individual allocation - once you are done, T-mobile throttles it back to pre-historic age speeds. If someone hits that mark, they are a lot more careful in the future. And really, with ubiquitous wifi, a regular user should not need more than 2.5 -3 gb per month from a cell provider

That would seem to be the answer once you have kids involved. Hopefully there'll be a better system by the time I get there.

2 lines, 3G for $130. Doesn't seem like a great deal but I wonder how much location impacts pricing.

I miss having work pay for all this.

That would seem to be the answer once you have kids involved. Hopefully there'll be a better system by the time I get there.

Ha ha. You're still on a 3g phone.

Move up in the world Kd. Try something called 4g or 4glte. You'll never look back.

Hopefully there'll be a better system by the time I get there.

Yeah, there will be a better system in place! It is called: "Daddy pays until they are 47 years old plan." It's the best one yet! ;-)

And don't think this is such a "new" idea. I know Baby Boomers that have mommy and daddy covering their cell bill! Not just an Millenial/Echo Boomer thing. ;-)

Yeah, there will be a better system in place! It is called: "Daddy pays until they are 47 years old plan." It's the best one yet! ;-)

And don't think this is such a "new" idea. I know Baby Boomers that have mommy and daddy covering their cell bill! Not just an Millenial/Echo Boomer thing. ;-)

I wanna be that kind of parent. Kid needs help. Ask dad.

I just dont want it to become a burden or handicap. Specially if the son in law goes crazy, buys everything, and then utter "have your stupid dad pay it"

Im going to have to set limits.

Wait my oldest kid is 12. What the hell am I thinking. Im already marrying her...