Jags awarded Jeff Tuel off waivers

I've got to ask what it would take for you to think he didn't deserve a chance?

25% completions?

Winless in college?

On paper, it's hard to find a qb in the entire nfl with less of a resume (even in the offseason with extended rosters)

I'm not angry, I just think it's amusing that any time the dude comes up you are so quick to talk about how much potential he showed.

Well, the guy does hold records at Washington state, and he tried out for several teams, including the patriots, so teams obviously saw potential in him.

And you basically baited me into getting into this silly debate, given that I didn't say anything about his play as a QB when I first commented in this thread.

I don't get why you are so quick to comment on the fact that he has no potential. That is a pretty bold view. You are ready to write off a guy as having no chance at being an NFL QB after seeing him in basically one game.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the guy does hold records at Washington state, and he tried out for several teams, including the patriots, so teams obviously saw potential in him.

And you basically baited me into getting into this silly debate, given that I didn't say anything about his play as a QB when I first commented in this thread.

I don't get why you are so quick to comment on the fact that he has no potential. That is a pretty bold view. You are ready to write off a guy as having no chance at being an NFL QB after seeing him in basically one game.

And preseason, and some college play, etc...

I mean, your down to "the pats had him in for a pre-draft visit?"

If the potential is could he be an nfl starter? Don't think so. If it's could he be a low level backup for a couple years? Maybe? But who in the heck debates if a guy has high end potential to be Tyler thigpen?

And preseason, and some college play, etc...

I mean, your down to "the pats had him in for a pre-draft visit?"

If the potential is could he be an nfl starter? Don't think so. If it's could he be a low level backup for a couple years? Maybe? But who in the heck debates if a guy has high end potential to be Tyler thigpen?

That is the debate-- will tuel basically develop into a good backup QB? I guess you can try to create a strawman debate of "is tuel a future starter?" and then tear it down, but why would you? Not even marrone believes that.

You guys watched a different game than I did. From where I sat, he was absolutely horrible every time he took the field in regular season duty. Every time.

Really? Wow. He did do a decent job in the KC game. You might be blinded by dislike for the guy or something.

What Gugny blinded by dislike? What a surprise unless you have never read one of his posts!

In our collective Bills misery, we may be able to feel good about the fact - the clear fact - that the Jags are a far more pathetic franchise.

Good God - Hackett, Marrone AND Tuel? Do they think this combination is going to work any better somewhere else, like where it doesn't snow?

25% completions?

Winless in college?

On paper, it's hard to find a qb in the entire nfl with less of a resume (even in the offseason with extended rosters)

I'm not angry, I just think it's amusing that any time the dude comes up you are so quick to talk about how much potential he showed.

Plenty of people liked the flow of the offense with him in the game. The completion % against KC is misleading, there were like 6 receiver drops

I never like backup QBs but do like Tuel

And Tyler Thigpen sucked

Edited by Superb Owl

Tuel was good for TC and preseason , look at the disaster at QBs the Bills had for rookie mini camp. Simms may be the same , good for practice squad duty, just preferred by HC

25% completions?

Winless in college?

Maybe it says more about how bad out QB situation was than it does how good Tuel was, but when he played it was the first and only time all year we had a QB that looked comfortable in the pocket and had a feel for what was going on around him.

Kind of like when Trent Edwards looked awesome coming in for Losman because it had been a while since we'd seen a guy who could convert a 3rd and 4 with a 5 yd check down pass.

Maybe it says more about how bad out QB situation was than it does how good Tuel was, but when he played it was the first and only time all year we had a QB that looked comfortable in the pocket and had a feel for what was going on around him.

Kind of like when Trent Edwards looked awesome coming in for Losman because it had been a while since we'd seen a guy who could convert a 3rd and 4 with a 5 yd check down pass.

ha! ill accept that answer as totally plausible, honestly.

its better then the "i think we should hold onto him for 3-4 years in case he elevates his game to the level of a dozen free agent depth qbs that are easily signed any given year" angle.

Plenty of people liked the flow of the offense with him in the game. The completion % against KC is misleading, there were like 6 receiver drops

I never like backup QBs but do like Tuel

And Tyler Thigpen sucked

Huh? He basically completed one pass to Goodwin and was dog poo the rest of the game. He was terrible and we lost a game where we had 200+ yards rushing and the Chiefs didn't score an offensive td. I don't think that has ever happened in NFL history.

It's not his fault because he shouldn't have been in that position to start. He hasn't been good in college or the NFL. I mean good for him for sticking around the league somehow. But he might be the most underqualified QB in the NFL. Luckily, he befriended 2 geniuses.

Huh? He basically completed one pass to Goodwin and was dog poo the rest of the game. He was terrible and we lost a game where we had 200+ yards rushing and the Chiefs didn't score an offensive td. I don't think that has ever happened in NFL history.

It's not his fault because he shouldn't have been in that position to start. He hasn't been good in college or the NFL. I mean good for him for sticking around the league somehow. But he might be the most underqualified QB in the NFL. Luckily, he befriended 2 geniuses.

Washington+State+v+BYU+LQGGsvwQ-1_l.jpg9266357-large.jpgdumb-and-dumber-to-2014-movie-pictures-3