Jags awarded Jeff Tuel off waivers

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if I ever go to a Bills training camp I am going to wear a patriots shirt and carry a camcorder obnoxiously.

If it were that costume, an Al Qaeda terrorist and Hitler as the final 3 in a contest, I think you could call it a lock.

Edited by The Wiz

Even though his pick six bombed his career, I thought he played exceptional in that KC game. Had Hackett called a better play and we settle for 3,and TJ doesn't fumble 6 on the next drive, Tuel wins that game and possibly leads the Bills to first playoff birth in 13 years, where he'd lose, but still be on our roster right now. What if?

I'm with you. Just minutes before that pick, he hit Godwin with a rainbow for 6. The guy got painted on one mistake. Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm with you. Just minutes before that pick, he hit Godwin with a rainbow for 6. The guy got painted on one mistake.

You guys watched a different game than I did. From where I sat, he was absolutely horrible every time he took the field in regular season duty. Every time.

You guys watched a different game than I did. From where I sat, he was absolutely horrible every time he took the field in regular season duty. Every time.

Really? Wow. He did do a decent job in the KC game. You might be blinded by dislike for the guy or something.

While it's fun to make fun of Marrone and Hackett, this is really no different than the Bills claiming Simms. Glad to see Tuel still has some work.

Good point

Really? Wow. He did do a decent job in the KC game. You might be blinded by dislike for the guy or something.

46% completion...decent? C'mon. If his play was decent Mani is all pro.

What's interesting about this move is that it signals that marrone and hackett have some influence down there.

It's the OC and qb coach getting a depth qb. It would be far more interesting if they couldn't.

And to your question on how others viewed him- he survived previous cuts with no other team taking him. It seems it is just you and Doug that like him

It's the OC and qb coach getting a depth qb. It would be far more interesting if they couldn't.

And to your question on how others viewed him- he survived previous cuts with no other team taking him. It seems it is just you and Doug that like him

Scott Chandler survived FA once. A short while later, he was on the Pats.

Good point

46% completion...decent? C'mon. If his play was decent Mani is all pro.

I mean it's hard to argue with 44% career completions, 1:3 td:int, and 6 ypa

Scott Chandler survived FA once. A short while later, he was on the Pats.

You are turning into barbarian with your qb craziness.

If Tuel was going anywhere else, I'd say fine, let's see what the kid can do now that he's getting better coaching than he had here.

Now, though, he's back to incompetent whiz kids.

I almost feel sorry for the Jags when their coach is a friend of and listening to Doug Marrone.

This should also prove once and for all what a lot of us knew, that Tuel was a Marrone infatuation all along.

undercover lovers

They must like how he looks in the shower... obviously.

Even though his pick six bombed his career, I thought he played exceptional in that KC game. Had Hackett called a better play and we settle for 3,and TJ doesn't fumble 6 on the next drive, Tuel wins that game and possibly leads the Bills to first playoff birth in 13 years, where he'd lose, but still be on our roster right now. What if?

I still can't believe we lost that KC game. Pick 6 and Bryce Brown fumble sucked the win out of that game.

I don't get what your problem is with the guy or the fact that I like him.

I like the guy. Yes. But I have realistic expectations. He was an UDFA, playing as a 3rd, maybe 2nd stringer. For what he was, I thought he showed promise.

The problem with the debate on Tuel was always people held him to some absurd standard. Going into the KC game, I predicted on here he would throw for 220, 1TD, 2 picks. And that's exactly what he did. That is very promising, to me, for a developmental QB in his first start against a playoff team.

I don't get why people get so angry to think that some could praise his potential. The fact of the matter is no one knows if he will stick in the NFL, but he showed enough promise, to me, to have around to find out.

I don't get what your problem is with the guy or the fact that I like him.

I like the guy. Yes. But I have realistic expectations. He was an UDFA, playing as a 3rd, maybe 2nd stringer. For what he was, I thought he showed promise.

The problem with the debate on Tuel was always people held him to some absurd standard. Going into the KC game, I predicted on here he would throw for 220, 1TD, 2 picks. And that's exactly what he did. That is very promising, to me, for a developmental QB in his first start against a playoff team.

I don't get why people get so angry to think that some could praise his potential. The fact of the matter is no one knows if he will stick in the NFL, but he showed enough promise, to me, to have around to find out.

I've got to ask what it would take for you to think he didn't deserve a chance?

25% completions?

Winless in college?

On paper, it's hard to find a qb in the entire nfl with less of a resume (even in the offseason with extended rosters)

I'm not angry, I just think it's amusing that any time the dude comes up you are so quick to talk about how much potential he showed.

Edited by NoSaint

@SalSports: Jeff Tuel could win the #3 QB spot in Jacksonville. Depth chart right now:

1. Blake Bortles

2. Chad Henne

3. Stephen Morris

4. Jake Waters

The ironic part is EJ's NFL draft QB upside match was........ Blake Bortles !! We better watch where we throw our stones, especially in our glass house of QB's (glass taking on a new meaning). Edited by mitchmurraydowntown