The press speculates on EJ's future

He makes a good case .....

Although Carucci believes Ryan and coordinator Greg Roman are "open-minded" about Manuel's chances, he also suspects the 2013 first-round pick won't be on the final roster unless he wins the starting job.

If the Bills end up dangling Manuel for a late-round pick in August, keep an eye on the Eagles as a potential trade partner.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000492925/article/is-matt-cassel-destined-for-backup-role-with-the-bills

Edited by Beerball

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are asking for trouble with the title. The article doesn't say he won't make the roster, just that he will be up for trade. If no one accepts a trade offer, then he will still be on the roster. Therefore he will "make" the roster either way. There is really no point in cutting him, and they won't.

You really think they carry 3 qbs? Cassell is a lock, and Rex (who's very much a 'thats my guy' coach) loves Taylor

Most but not all do. And it always has to do with who is the starter and backup and third. The Bills will likely keep three. it's possible that EJ gets traded. I doubt they will cut him.

Most but not all do. And it always has to do with who is the starter and backup and third. The Bills will likely keep three. it's possible that EJ gets traded. I doubt they will cut him.

Jets 53 last august had 2 QBs. If bills want to cut ties with EJ this would be the time to do it unless he's the starter

Way too early to tell. Ej and Cassel both have a history of injuries, so that alone is a huge factor if one of them gets injured in preseason. I personally think it is going to play out a lot like it did last year, with none of the QBs looking at good in preseason games. The 4 teams we are going up against in preseason all have pretty good defenses.

I think whoever starts in the carolina game has the edge, it will be a home game against a weaker secondary than the other teams we face in preseason. And it will probably also be the player the coaches have the most faith in since it is the first preseason game.

So barring injury, I think whoever starts in the panthers game starts week 1 in the regular season.

The signs keep pointing toward Tyrod being the starter.

He is better than he has been getting credit for around here

What signs? Off-season rookie workouts? Does he have the prettiest feet of all the QBs available to Rex?

He makes a good case .....

Although Carucci believes Ryan and coordinator Greg Roman are "open-minded" about Manuel's chances, he also suspects the 2013 first-round pick won't be on the final roster unless he wins the starting job.

If the Bills end up dangling Manuel for a late-round pick in August, keep an eye on the Eagles as a potential trade partner.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000492925/article/is-matt-cassel-destined-for-backup-role-with-the-bills

if he doesn't start and we can get a pick for him then we should jump on any offer.

Wonder if chip will trade us Kiko for Manuel

The signs keep pointing toward Tyrod being the starter.

He is better than he has been getting credit for around here

:lol::lol::lol: yea for wildcat

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian