Jim Schwartz to work with NFL officials next season

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jim-schwartz-buffalo-bills-detroit-lions-nfl-officials-2015-052515

FOX Sports has learned that Schwartz will be serving as a consultant to the league's officiating department for the 2015 season. Schwartz's main role is to help provide a coach's perspective with some of the decisions made by the officiating office, a source told FOX Sports.

I want to say I like this guy, that he really got the raw end of the deal in Detroit and all this supporting him but being carried off the field at his request in Detroit still holds me back from saying it.

Hell, maybe they could ask me to be a consultant to provide a fan's perspective on some of those decisions. I wouldn't charge much.

I want to say I like this guy, that he really got the raw end of the deal in Detroit and all this supporting him but being carried off the field at his request in Detroit still holds me back from saying it.

Heh, I don't know. I think it was purposely silly, but somewhat classless.

Weird that he didn't get another DC gig.

I do think he made the right decision leaving--- would have never worked with Rex.

he had offers. if i recall correctly. but announced he was taking a year off from coaching.

He remains one of my favorites. He also made a great impression on the players

Edited by 3rdand12

Of course, he can keep the two yr remainder of his bills contract....what was it $2 or $3 million per year . consulting w league office is good duty, likely fee free. He is NOT giving up any of that Bills cash to do this. Likely the Bills approved this as a "non-competitive" activity imho.

Edited by bigK14094

he had offers. if i recall correctly. but announced he was taking a year off from coaching.

He remains one of my favorites. He also made a great impression on the players

I think he is taking a year off because his stock his high. By coaching as a DC it can't get much higher, but, can get lower. I think it is a good business and career move for him.