Michael Sam to play football for Montreal in Canada league

"I am very excited and proud to join the Montreal Alouettes and want to thank team Owner Robert Wetenhall, General Manager Jim Popp and Head Coach Tom Higgins for this opportunity," Sam said.

"With the signing of Michael Sam, we have become a better organization today," Alouettes general manager Jim Popp said. "Not only have we added an outstanding football player, we have added even a better person that brings dignity, character, and heart to our team."

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/22/us/michael-sams-football-gay/index.html

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I am very excited and proud to join the Montreal Alouettes and want to thank team Owner Robert Wetenhall, General Manager Jim Popp and Head Coach Tom Higgins for this opportunity," Sam said.

"With the signing of Michael Sam, we have become a better organization today," Alouettes general manager Jim Popp said. "Not only have we added an outstanding football player, we have added even a better person that brings dignity, character, and heart to our team."

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/22/us/michael-sams-football-gay/index.html

Cool. Let's hope he lives up to the hype.

whuts so special ubout this guy, hes just u guy, why does someone, a guy- get ull this uttention?, if im a guy and sacked one person, i wouldnt get in the news because of it. Someone tell me whuts so unique ubout this person?

Edited by enlightener

whuts so special ubout this guy, hes just u guy, why does someone, a guy- get ull this uttention?, if im a guy and sacked one person, i wouldnt get in the news because of it. Someone tell me whuts so unique ubout this person?

He is the son of Sam.

He has come to the CFL because he looked so bad at the combine for veterans and no NFL team offered him a chance.

Back to DWTS is his future. He has slowed down. Hope he does well but I suspect his love of football has passed him by

He has come to the CFL because he looked so bad at the combine for veterans and no NFL team offered him a chance.

Back to DWTS is his future. He has slowed down. Hope he does well but I suspect his love of football has passed him by

Veteran - that's hilarious.

Other than the fact that it's the off season, why would we even care? The BILLS have cut better players, and we don't seem to track their subsequent moves, unless they later play, and are successful, against us.

So far, no CFL teams are included in our schedule.

Not bad. Only three laughingly predictable "I don't get it, why do I have to hear about some 7th round draft pick who couldn't even play in the NFL? I don't care if he's gay or straight or purple, he's no different than anyone else. Why is this news?" posts so far- from people, mind you, that if they truly didn't care, wouldn't have opened the thread in the first place. Much the same way that if there were a thread about knitting on here, I simply wouldn't open it, much less enter the thread and make my bold stance of not caring abundantly clear. Don't you understand that by telling everyone how much you don't care that it's exceedingly obvious to everyone else that not only do you care, but that this guy irks you to no end? But thanks for telling us you don't care. Great contribution. I, like everybody else- whether they care to admit it or not- was interested in hearing the news and am smart enough to understand why it's newsworthy. I think it would be cool if he was good up there but who knows.

Thanks for enlightening us, 'enlightener.'

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Not bad. Only three laughingly predictable "I don't get it, why do I have to hear about some 7th round draft pick who couldn't even play in the NFL? I don't care if he's gay or straight or purple, he's no different than anyone else. Why is this news?" posts so far- from people, mind you, that if they truly didn't care, wouldn't have opened the thread in the first place. Much the same way that if there were a thread about knitting on here, I simply wouldn't open it, much less enter the thread and make my bold stance of not caring abundantly clear. Don't you understand that by telling everyone how much you don't care that it's exceedingly obvious to everyone else that not only do you care, but that this guy irks you to no end? But thanks for telling us you don't care. Great contribution. I, like everybody else- whether they care to admit it or not- was interested in hearing the news and am smart enough to understand why it's newsworthy. I think it would be cool if he was good up there but who knows.

Thanks for enlightening us, 'enlightener.'

Well, at least no one has come on here and said, "he sucks". :ph34r:

Mainly because the guy he sacked wasn't on the football field.

Oh give me a break. Why don't you preach to the people that say "I hope he does well" - does that mean they really hope he does well so that gay rights are expanded?

Oh give me a break. Why don't you preach to the people that say "I hope he does well" - does that mean they really hope he does well so that gay rights are expanded?

I hope that you do well and treat others as you want to be treated.