Bills concerned Bryce Brown won't catch up; missing time

The pats will pick him up and he will rush for 1200 and 16 tds. Having his best games againt the bills rushing 150 and 2 tds

I dont think we can judge Bryce soley on his performance last year. You could put oj simpson back there and he would have struggled. Our line was bad.

Oj is super old and has been in jail for years. Of course he would struggle.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obvious by his actions that Bryce Brown wants out of Buffalo.

Rex Ryan probably started the ball rolling when he said he would remember his name when he learns how to hold onto the football. Calling out a player that you haven't even meet yet like that in the public is pretty damning if not completely disrespectful.

I really believe Brown came to Buffalo with the idea of having a shot at the starting job at some point within a year or two. With the addition of McCoy that has gone up in smoke. Add Karlos Williams & I'm sure he sees the writing on the wall. McCoy, Freddie, Dixon all rank above Brown, and I don't foresee the Bills cutting Williams unless his wheels come completely off since he is just a rookie and offers a skill set at RB and ST that Brown doesn't offer.

Thus the reason why he is a no show and hasn't been in contact with the coaching staff. When your a month and a half behind in learning a new playbook and don't even have the time to speak with your new position coach, you just don't care.

Bills depth at RB will be McCoy, FJax, Dixon, and Williams. We'll be OK with those four

Edited by dezertbill

You never can have too many backs. Last year fred and cj went down and what its was boobie time. Boobie is a fearless head down hard runner nut its one cut and a cloud of dust with him hes short yardage and thats it. Bryce has better vision and run skills hes just stuck behind mccoy again and not happy. We will carry three backs.

This is the worst story ever.

A RB misses useless OTAs to attend the birth of his first child.

I have never heard of a RB "falling behind" because of missing OTAs. Not really the hardest position to learn.

I would rather they just be honest-- Brown has always been on the bubble.

I've hit you when I don't agree, and I'll let you know I definitely agree here

Like always, you make fair points. But rb is such a plentiful position. There is a guy like Brown available late in every draft or even as an UDFA.

I love the job Whaley has done and every GM makes mistakes. Just don't trade for rbs. :). Also, I think I'm still upset at how people told me Brown would be better than Spiller. It was dumb at the time and it's even dumber now.

are we that wildly different trading for brown vs drafting Williams? A little more time for Williams to develop but a little less nfl game film.... I wouldn't trade to give a guy his 3rd contract but here? Seems 6 of one half dozen of the other.

The situation surrounding Lynch was different. I know it sucks to see him crushing it in Seattle, but it was what it was. Let's not downplay Boobie. He led the team in YPC. The run game was all kinds of bad last year for several reasons.

I think the value of the Brown trade was very fair, as No Saint reiterated. Though I do think the drafting of Karlos indicated that the staff does not feel confident in Brown's development.

Sure would have been nice to have SJ13 out there with Watkins and Woods, but I think the savings from trading him and eventually getting Percy make up for it. And I, for one, thought Mike Williams was going to be more significant to our passing game at the time we made the trade.

At the time I liked the B Brown and M Williams trades, I couldn't understand why Saint Doug couldn't seem to do anything with either of the guys Whaley traded for, and still think it might have been Marrone sticking it to Whaley by not using them. I don't understand not even trying to get Williams involved in the red zone when they were playing so pathetically there and Williams had a track record of being pretty damn good at going up and getting contested balls in the red zone. I think it's possible Marrone's ego played a role in some of his decision making.

The pats will pick him up and he will rush for 1200 and 16 tds. Having his best games againt the bills rushing 150 and 2 tds

I dont think we can judge Bryce soley on his performance last year. You could put oj simpson back there and he would have struggled. Our line was bad.

This.... And I will laugh my azz off. If he had the carries Fred had ,there is NO doubt he would have had more yards and tds. Would have broken a few long runs also. What did touchdown freddy have 1 td or 2 at the most.? Well td freddy says he has 3 good yrs left in him. Enjoy. Duh bills.

And he won't fumble because the deflated balls are easier to grip. :devil:

Which explains why he's not there this week, but doesn't explain Lynns comments about him being five weeks behind.

FMLA

He probably wants to get cut. I would if I were him. Then he can pick his spot and get paid about the same if not more

This.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Brown.

Brown was one of Whaley's worst moves. Never got the hype. You don't trade draft picks for 3rd string rbs.

Bit dramatic aren't we? It wasn't one of his worst moves ever. We traded a 4th for him big deal if he doesn't work out. His worst move ever was probably drafting Manuel.

Oj is super old and has been in jail for years. Of course he would struggle.

OJ could have sliced through the line. He would have gashed the opposing team up. He would have been like a knife going through butter.

Whaley has a keen eye for defense and a blind eye for offense. Bryce Brown was a complete bust, and Whaley has to suck on that lost 4th rd pick he donated for him.Thank God it wasn't a 1st...{cough, EJ, cough, cough}

What's in a name, bub? You live up to yours, for sure. In case you didn't notice, our running game overall sucked rocks last year, especially after the first 4 games when Williams went out.

All our RBs had down years and Brown, while lowest at 3.5 ypa, wasn't that far off the team average of 3.7 ypa. Overall, Bryce averages 4.4 ypa including last year, he was 4.6 ypa in 2 years with Philly. He can catch, and he's smokin' fast. That's not bust territory and as a needed backup for CJ and Fredex last year it made sense.

People like to see what's convenient to their personal crusade - 3 picks on OL only 1 of which played last year, Brown trade, Chris Williams signing that went to IR early. In order to do this, things that did work out such as Boobie Dixon signing (ST ace plus 4.1 YPA behind a suck line), Woods, Watkins, Marqueis Gray pickup whom I thought looks promising - one can't say yet that Whaley has done a great job building the O, but objectively one can't say he has a blind eye for offense, exactly either.

That was my first thought

LMFAO!

I am a big Whaley fan. I don't knock him for the Watkins trade at all. Or any other roster move. But, this looks like a bad trade. Last year and this year too.

Keith Rivers? Chris Williams? He's had some hits--and some big whiffs.

Keith Rivers? Chris Williams? He's had some hits--and some big whiffs.

Williams and Rivers are the 45th to 53rd man on the roster. They are back ups. IF you are scrutinizing Whaley as back ups for very little money as big whiffs I think you are generally a pessimistic angry individual. Salary cap prevents ALL teams and owners from having 53 strong players and must take swings on players for inexpensive contracts. Don't be angry, enjoy the run and what Whaley has strongly helped to build!

I'm sure he's feeling warm and fuzzy about a trade for the guy he backed up before, a HC who acts like he doesn't know his name, and a draft choice at his position.

Oh, and he also has to compete with two fanbase favorites.

Bryce loves Buffalo. :lol:

And he could very well be better than all of them

Yup. If you want to get a steal like Hughes, you have to be willing to swing at guys like brown. It's not a fool proof philosophy but the high reward guys like that are either really pricey (mccoy) or lower percentage (require taking a few more shots to hit one one (Hughes, brown)

Excellent insight.

And he could very well be better than all of them

Eh...if you can't hang onto the football you're not worth much. That play against KC still pisses me off...but then I have to backtrack and realize it actually helped the franchise because we didn't make the playoffs, Marrone left, etc....

My head still aches when I think about his fumble in the KC game. Talk about a total momentum change in a flash...

He is likely as good as gone.

KC Will pay Nov.29th. We handed them a couple of games due to our poor ball security and poor coaching. I never liked Brown--but for him to not want to be here (or can't) for this new beginning--he must really be in a jam.

Yup. If you want to get a steal like Hughes, you have to be willing to swing at guys like brown. It's not a fool proof philosophy but the high reward guys like that are either really pricey (mccoy) or lower percentage (require taking a few more shots to hit one one (Hughes, brown)

On top of that, when they made the trade for Brown, there was no way they could have anticipated McCoy falling into their lap. Fumbling issues aside, I think there is (or was maybe) a fair number of people out there that felt that Brown is a better than average running back. If we hadn't landed McCoy, most here would still be counting on Brown as a guy who could potentially have a big year for us, and a great option to replace Spiller, at a decent price.