Greg Roman presser: addresses QB rumors

No surprise there...I felt leading up to the draft that he could be an immediate starter. He struck me as a high-floor guy, though I never felt he'd be an all-pro.

Unrelated but Barksdale to Chargers so Fluker to guard presumably and 1000,000,000 yds for Melvin Gordon. Just because we were talking OL.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So From What I gather.

The O-line will be

Glenn-Miller-Wood-Incognito-Henderson.

I like it.

Just to clarify, five individuals or one individual and an "appendage on the down low" of an MIA musician from the 40s?

"let me make this clear, the Bills are not trading Marshawn Lynch"

or something like that...

“Buddy Nix is our general manager and will run the football operation much like he has the last three years,” said Brandon.

"Buddy Nix is our general manager and will be for a long time."

Unrelated but Barksdale to Chargers so Fluker to guard presumably and 1000,000,000 yds for Melvin Gordon. Just because we were talking OL.

Long overdue for Fluker to move. He was okay as a rookie, but really regressed last year.

Man, that 2013 draft looks really bad for OLmen at the top:

1 - Erik Fisher has been average-at-best for KC at LT

2 - Luke Joeckel can't stay on the field, and has been lousy when he has managed to play

4 - Lane Johnson had a PED suspension and was part of two under-achieving units

7 - Jonathan Cooper has been injured a bunch

10 - Warmack has been underwhelming

11 - Fluker (see above)

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 3m3 minutes ago

#Bills OC Greg Roman: Honestly, the QB job is anybody's to take. The ball's are out there, it's anybody's for the taking.

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 5m5 minutes ago

#Bills OC Greg Roman: Ive seen Tyrod Taylor grow as a professional. We are the benefactors of that. Pretty well-rounded player, and, dynamic

Roman could very well be throwing that word around a little loosely, but if he means it...that's significant.

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak 5m5 minutes ago

Think the Bills already have enough running backs? Coach Anthony Lynn said today the team could still add another.

Lynn is throwing it down. Brown is clearly on notice. Wonder if he shows up tomorrow morning.

“Buddy Nix is our general manager and will run the football operation much like he has the last three years,” said Brandon.

Exactly. Those are the common denials that teams always use. They did not say "Nothing could be further from the truth that Buddy Nix will be leaving."

Long overdue for Fluker to move. He was okay as a rookie, but really regressed last year.

Man, that 2013 draft looks really bad for OLmen at the top:

1 - Erik Fisher has been average-at-best for KC at LT

2 - Luke Joeckel can't stay on the field, and has been lousy when he has managed to play

4 - Lane Johnson had a PED suspension and was part of two under-achieving units

7 - Jonathan Cooper has been injured a bunch

10 - Warmack has been underwhelming

11 - Fluker (see above)

but according to Marrone, no one really knows how young Joeckel actually is...

#obviously

A lot of praise for Miller coming from everyone on the coaching staff.

Forget it Jonny, you are out of your element! You have no frame of reference here, Jonny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

Exactly. Those are the common denials that teams always use. They did not say "Nothing could be further from the truth that Buddy Nix will be leaving."

Really? Brandon saying that Nix will be around for a long time, only to have Nix resign 3 weeks later wasn't a bigger snow job?

Hmmm? Retirement or deal with the overinflated ego of St. Doug? F*** it. I'm going back to Tennessee. You got this headache Whaley. :lol:

Really? Brandon saying that Nix will be around for a long time, only to have Nix resign 3 weeks later wasn't a bigger snow job?

Buddy isn't dead, so how can you say Brandon was wrong? :devil:

Although I'm the last person to believe anything Brandon says publicly, if it is true (as reported) that Buddy really did "surprise" the Bills with his decision to step down then these statements have little value in the current context.

I don't trust one word that Brandon ever says so he doesn't count.

But I see a clear difference in those two kinds of denials. One, the ones you quoted, is your everyday denial, which an incredible amount of times proves to be just the opposite for all teams in all sports. The other, IMO, the "couldn't be further from the truth" is a carefully worded or specific kind of denial that is stronger, and intended for an additional purpose, whatever that is.

But I see a clear difference in those two kinds of denials. One, the ones you quoted, is your everyday denial, which an incredible amount of times proves to be just the opposite for all teams in all sports. The other, IMO, the "couldn't be further from the truth" is a carefully worded or specific kind of denial that is stronger, and intended for an additional purpose, whatever that is.

I don't follow. I think if he said "EJ will be with us for a long time" it would be a stronger statement than saying nothing is further from the truth than rumors that we're planning to cut him in camp.

The problem is that since Roman's full presser hasn't been posted yet, you're parsing second hand twitter posts by the reporters. So you don't know exactly what Roman was referring to when he said "couldn't be further from the truth."

I don't follow. I think if he said "EJ will be with us for a long time" it would be a stronger statement than saying nothing is further from the truth than rumors that we're planning to cut him in camp.

That's fine. I don't know. It's just an opinion. I follow this kind of stuff very closely though, and I notice I think when it is different from normal denials. You could be right. I find phrases like "with us a long time" to mean absolutely nothing, since "a long time" could mean months, years, decades... it's nebulous. They could even cut him by training camp and they wouldn't be technically wrong. Saying "nothing could be further from the truth" if indeed they have been discussing it is a flat lie.

The problem is that since Roman's full presser hasn't been posted yet, you're parsing second hand twitter posts by the reporters. So you don't know exactly what Roman was referring to when he said "couldn't be further from the truth."

True but Vic is pretty careful and a very good, professional reporter. I think he put in the salient point and words. JB is not and is a crap thrower. He left Roman's quote out of his texts because they debunk his article.

That's fine. I don't know. It's just an opinion. I follow this kind of stuff very closely though, and I notice I think when it is different from normal denials. You could be right. I find phrases like "with us a long time" to mean absolutely nothing, since "a long time" could mean months, years, decades... it's nebulous. They could even cut him by training camp and they wouldn't be technically wrong. Saying "nothing could be further from the truth" if indeed they have been discussing it is a flat lie.

True but Vic is pretty careful and a very good, professional reporter. I think he put in the salient point and words. JB is not and is a crap thrower. He left Roman's quote out of his texts because they debunk his article.

Here are the two salient quotes:

Jay Skurski ‏@JaySkurski 2m2 minutes ago

Greg Roman says speculation that EJ Manuel has fallen out of favor with the #Bills is the "furthest thing from the truth."

Vic Carucci ‏@viccarucci 1m1 minute ago

Roman shoots down speculation that EJ Manuel could be cut in training camp if he doesn't show progress.

I think there's a world of difference to which question the response was - Was the "furthest thing from the truth" related to EJ falling out of favor or to possibly being tossed from the team if he didn't win the starting job? Not the same thing to me.

Here are the two salient quotes:

Jay Skurski ‏@JaySkurski 2m2 minutes ago

Greg Roman says speculation that EJ Manuel has fallen out of favor with the #Bills is the "furthest thing from the truth."

Vic Carucci ‏@viccarucci 1m1 minute ago

Roman shoots down speculation that EJ Manuel could be cut in training camp if he doesn't show progress.

I think there's a world of difference to which question the response was - Was the "furthest thing from the truth" related to EJ falling out of favor or to possibly being tossed from the team if he didn't win the starting job? Not the same thing to me.

"Speculation is the key word there," Roman said. "I don't believe whoever's saying that, and it's the furthest thing from the truth. He's busting his hump every day and doing a very good job. There's a lot of clay to mold there as well. Whatever people are talking about, I don't know where that's coming from. The answer is no, he's doing a good job."