What if Tyrod leads us to a Super Bowl win?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer the question asked in the thread title:

I will track Tyrod down.

When I find him, I will hug him. And then I will kiss him.

And then I will wash his feet and anoint them with sacred oils.

Then I will ask him what his momma was thinking when she named him "Tyrod" and if he possesses any special suspension knowledge as a result that can help me with my current alignment problem on my car.

I might know something. PM me .

But dont you dare touch me. especially my feet you weirdo.

This is Rex isn't it?

I am all for Tyrod Taylor or EJ Manuel making us Believers!

Ty leading Bills to super bowl victory about as likely as a stud olympic track and field champion wanting a sex change operation.

where do you people come up with this stuff?

Are you talking about TJ Graham again?

We've got thread asking if Garapolo may be the next Tom Brady, and you say I'm wearing a foil hat?

@No Saint...What, no sense of humor?

Garopolo has a better chance of becoming the next Brady than Tyrod does of becoming a good QB in this league. Doesn't mean he wont, but the kid was more raw than EJ coming out of college, has done or shown nothing to suggest he's on track to become a quality QB, has no experience, and what little experience he did have he was not very impressive.

If I could choose one QB of either Garapolo or Tyrod, then its Garapolo without question despite he is also a big question mark.

Tyrods best trait is running...when was the last time an NFL QB, who's best and only weapon was rushing, won the Super Bowl? You would have to go all the way back to Super Bowl Never to find one.

I will take a pocket passer over a running back QB everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Ideally, a QB like Rodgers, Wilson, or Steve Young would be great...they are good QB's and can/could run. But QB's who's only trait they do well is running with the football like a RB have a very poor track record in the NFL with very few success stories, none of which include a Super Bowl win. And at this point, the ONLY thing Tyrod has PROVEN he can do well is run.

I hope the kid proves me wrong...would love it. But until I see it, I have a hard time looking at him and believing he will win the job, let alone lead us to a SB win. If he does that, he will be the first time in NFL history a QB like him did that. I prefer to have a little more probability when hitching my hopes some where.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Garopolo has a better chance of becoming the next Brady than Tyrod does of becoming a good QB in this league. Doesn't mean he wont, but the kid was more raw than EJ coming out of college, has done or shown nothing to suggest he's on track to become a quality QB, has no experience, and what little experience he did have he was not very impressive.

If I could choose one QB of either Garapolo or Tyrod, then its Garapolo without question despite he is also a big question mark.

Tyrods best trait is running...when was the last time an NFL QB, who's best and only weapon was rushing, won the Super Bowl? You would have to go all the way back to Super Bowl Never to find one.

I will take a pocket passer over a running back QB everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Ideally, a QB like Rodgers, Wilson, or Steve Young would be great...they are good QB's and can/could run. But QB's who's only trait they do well is running with the football like a RB have a very poor track record in the NFL with very few success stories, none of which include a Super Bowl win. And at this point, the ONLY thing Tyrod has PROVEN he can do well is run.

I hope the kid proves me wrong...would love it. But until I see it, I have a hard time looking at him and believing he will win the job, let alone lead us to a SB win. If he does that, he will be the first time in NFL history a QB like him did that. I prefer to have a little more probability when hitching my hopes some where.

Do we have one of those?

Tyrod and Superbowl win in the same sentence? Good one. A guy that has been in the league 4 years, thrown 35 total passes in real game situations and looked terrible doing it. Just PUT DOWN THE PIPE. Too much smokey smokey don't make funny jokey.

I'm glad somebody gets it! :rolleyes:

Do we have one of those?

I wasnt referencing our roster, I was responding to the specific comments regarding Tyrod and Garapolo.

Jury is out to whats on our roster and to the quality of whats on our roster at the QB position

The biggest reason you think Garapollo has more upside is the same reason every QB has more upside...they aren't Bills. Edited by PromoTheRobot

We are talking about the Garoppolo who, in his only meaningful game, went 10/17 (>60%) for no scores and 3 sacks in a half against a team that wasn't playing it's starting DT or either starting corner, right?

Ty leading Bills to super bowl victory about as likely as a stud olympic track and field champion wanting a sex change operation.

Ha, ha, good one. And yet....

where do you people come up with this stuff?

Are you talking about TJ Graham again?

Bruce Jenner, 1976 gold medal winner in olympic decathalon. American record not broken until 1991. Yes, THAT married-3x-father-of-6 Bruce Jenner.

The biggest reason you think Garapollo has more upside is the same reason every QB has more upside...they aren't Bills.

Garapollo is one of these guys who may do a lot of things well, but he doesn't have that one or more above average skill(s) that would make him into anything more than a Dalton or Fitzpatrick type of NFL QB. That's appears to be his range, top 15-20 to quality backup ability.

Garapollo is one of these guys who may do a lot of things well, but he doesn't have that one or more above average skill(s) that would make him into anything more than a Dalton or Fitzpatrick type of NFL QB. That's appears to be his range, top 15-20 to quality backup ability.

Can the same be said of EJ or is too enigmatic for such judgments?

A "Dalton or Fitzpatrick type QB?"

lol

If Ole Fitz just had a defense... if Ole Fitz just had offensive weapons.... if Ole Fitz just had a running game... if Ole Fitz just had an offensive line.

One guy leads his team to the playoffs EVERY YEAR and the other is on a different team every year. Other than that they are right in the same category!

Judging from the seemingly endless love for Fitzpatrick here (for trying hard and being a good guy I guess) if Dalton led the Bills to the playoffs every year there would be statues built to him around town.

lol

If Ole Fitz just had a defense... if Ole Fitz just had offensive weapons.... if Ole Fitz just had a running game... if Ole Fitz just had an offensive line.

One guy leads his team to the playoffs EVERY YEAR and the other is on a different team every year. Other than that they are right in the same category!

Judging from the seemingly endless love for Fitzpatrick here (for trying hard and being a good guy I guess) if Dalton led the Bills to the playoffs every year there would be statues built to him around town.

Dalton definitely is a better QB than Fitz and has the "potential" to be even better but I can promise you there would rightfully be folks looking to run him out of Buffalo too after three straight one and dones in the play-offs. I want a QB who can make a team a Super Bowl contender; no one seriously considered the Bengals a serious threat to win the Superbowl last year.

lol

I was giving a "ceiling/floor" range. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I think that both Dalton and Fitzpatrick suck. Dalton sucks less because he can win regular season games, but he turns into a major p___y once he reaches the playoffs. Fitzpatrick is a reliable back up QB. That's the ceiling and floor for Garapolo IMO.

I was giving a "ceiling/floor" range. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I think that both Dalton and Fitzpatrick suck. Dalton sucks less because he can win regular season games, but he turns into a major p___y once he reaches the playoffs. Fitzpatrick is a reliable back up QB. That's the ceiling and floor for Garapolo IMO.

I don't want to "go all WEO up in here" by defending a Patriot* but on what basis to you establish your floor/ceiling for JG so early?