What if Tyrod leads us to a Super Bowl win?

I don't want to "go all WEO up in here" by defending a Patriot* but on what basis to you establish your floor/ceiling for JG so early?

Reading his draft profiles and watching videos of college and preseason games. He just has that look of that try hard, "gym rat" type who almost never rises above mediocre at the NFL level. Also, his passes look very slow to me for him to ever become a real threat in the NFL. Go watch the video of his preseason games. That just doesn't look like a potential top 10 NFL QB to me. He looks and plays like Christian Ponder.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A "Dalton or Fitzpatrick type QB?"

lol

If Ole Fitz just had a defense... if Ole Fitz just had offensive weapons.... if Ole Fitz just had a running game... if Ole Fitz just had an offensive line.

One guy leads his team to the playoffs EVERY YEAR and the other is on a different team every year. Other than that they are right in the same category!

Judging from the seemingly endless love for Fitzpatrick here (for trying hard and being a good guy I guess) if Dalton led the Bills to the playoffs every year there would be statues built to him around town.

Some media pundit said it, cheap shot but funny because truth to it: Fitzpatrick is notable for teams getting rid of him (because he's not good enough to be the starter) and then doing an inadequate job replacing him.

I don't read them, but I'm guessing that Dalton draws a lot of indignation on Cincy fan boards for not progressing the team in the playoffs, and even though he's getting them there I don't see statues.

I'm guessing if Fitz were still here there would be a lot of pictures of him on billboards calling for our FO to "move on" and fan angst because after we get there once, just getting there isn't enough.

I can't believe I clicked on this one but I laughed really hard though when I saw the title. Might has well has been "What if rainbows fart unicorns all the way to the Super Bowl". I laughed my Pepsi outta my nose on this one.

P.S. J-E-T-S Jets JEts JETS.

Sorry if I misunderstood anyone. The legend of Fitzpatrick is just that: legend.

Something about those 4 and 6 win seasons stills stirs the passions of so many fans. There are STILL people who are convinced that if Fitzpatrick just had _______ he would lead a team to the playoffs. I'm not sure how many teams have to bail on him before it's clear that he isn't very good.

That's why I assume there would be Dalton statues downtown if he led the Bills to the playoffs three years in a row right at the start of his career. He plays for the Bengals, who were a complete joke not long ago.

I think Dalton is average. I think he could eventually be as good as Tony Romo, a QB who can be dangerous at times, put up stats in streaks, and get you a round or two in the playoffs. Once Brady and Manning retire the AFC is going to look a lot different, so that will change things IMO.

By way of quick follow up, Taylor and Tuel in OTAs are throwing to the second team. Manuel and Cassel are with the first. Safe to say so far that the starting job isn't anywhere close to Taylor (thank goodness).

By way of quick follow up, Taylor and Tuel in OTAs are throwing to the second team. Manuel and Cassel are with the first. Safe to say so far that the starting job isn't anywhere close to Taylor (thank goodness).

He threw with the 1's today while Cassel threw with the 2's. They are rotating. Sorry to burst your bubble

Ha, ha, good one. And yet....

Bruce Jenner, 1976 gold medal winner in olympic decathalon. American record not broken until 1991. Yes, THAT married-3x-father-of-6 Bruce Jenner.

I knew that.

bleecc

I don't want to "go all WEO up in here" by defending a Patriot* but on what basis to you establish your floor/ceiling for JG so early?

LOL!!

Thats a keeper.

ch

He threw with the 1's today while Cassel threw with the 2's. They are rotating. Sorry to burst your bubble

That was the plan all along I thought. get the ones with the twos and threes and fours etc.

Everyone gets the full carnival pass.

For now at any rate.

Very wise to run two fields for this team !

Didn't we have Tyrod Taylor on the Bills a few years ago when he went under the name of Tavaris Jackson?

I think Tyrod is Tavaris without any experience.

No. Are you even a football fan ?

TT is a D1A 2x ACC Champ, Orange Bowl Champ.

TJ is D1AA nada.

... And FWIW Tyrod is 2-0 vs. EJ.

Edited by moshermw

I think Kubiak would have made Tyrod a offer he could not refuse if he thought he could be a franchise QB when Peyton retires . imo

His 3 year , $3.35m contract is modest for a player going into 5th season QB

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyrod-taylor/

Kubiak did offer Taylor more than the Bills ended up landing him for. Taylor knew this was a better chance for him and chose Buffalo.

Kubiak did offer Taylor more than the Bills ended up landing him for. Taylor knew this was a better chance for him and chose Buffalo.

Why is Buffalo a better chance? Maybe because Rex likes him some Tie Rod?

Peyton wont live forever and this could be his last season honestly.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, because the Ravens were already Joe Flacco's team when Taylor was drafted. Keep in mind B'More was a contender the entire time Taylor was there. I think it says a lot they were content to keep him as their backup, even in his rookie year, knowing he'd have a huge responsibility to keep the train moving if Flacco went down. The Ravens turned down the Jets' attempt to trade for him, tried to re-sign him, etc. Not to compare QBs, but I remember a couple current superstar QBs being backups until the guys in front of them retired or were injured.

The colts lead me to believe Curtis painter is a boss. Certainly not that they were all in on starters salaries instead of backups

@Cianaf: Matt Cassel has struggled, can Tyrod Taylor REALLY win the starting job in Buffalo? http://t.co/sWMPXVIxWe

I think it would actually be a setback for the offense if Cassel wins the job, since he can't really run the read option. With EJ or TT, the play book is expanded for Roman. With his speed, TT would be my optimal choice.

I'd be too happy to even drink ... nahhhhhhhh.

Be interesting to poll the fanbase on the chances of this happening.

I'd go 1 in 25 or 4%.

Alex, I'll take one in infinity for a thousand please. Or .00000001%

I think it would actually be a setback for the offense if Cassel wins the job, since he can't really run the read option. With EJ or TT, the play book is expanded for Roman. With his speed, TT would be my optimal choice.

I bet both Roman and Rex would rather either EJ or TT succeed. Maybe Overdorf not so much. But thats the risk they had to take.

Car insurance is Mandatory in NY state

Alex, I'll take one in infinity for a thousand please. Or .00000001%

have not heard from you in a while

glad to again : ). article on PFT espn was trying to suggest its Rexy's fave.. that Tailor fellow.

i thinks its a controversy to be maintained as long as possible through camp even.

if Cassel really is that bad they will have to be looking now for another body or better, and dump that cash cow

to answer the original question.

That would be legendary!

I would do nearly anything to see that happen.