Sammy Hookah

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that this is going to sound made up here but Hogan smokes cigarettes. I'm not a fan but it's true (at least when he is drinking). My buddy (and diehard Bills fan) ran into him in Vegas like 2 months ago. He asked him for a picture and drunk Hogan told him to "eff off." Ha ha, I thought it was hilarious.

At any rate, a lot of these guys go to Hookah bars occasionally. It's not a big deal at all IMO. It probably wasn't too smart to put out that video but I'm not concerned about the act. We aren't far from the league lifting the ban on weed all together and then this will be totally harmless.

So did JP Losman...he asked me for a lighter once outside PJ Bottoms when I was visiting a friend at school. Lee Evans was with him, don't think he was smoking though.

Hookahs are no big deal...nothing illegal, not nearly as harmful as cigarettes.

(I ran a smoke shop in Myrtle Beach, SC, for 2 years...at least it's not bath salts or herbal incense, that stuff is deadly.)

PS...This IS "totally harmless," because it's not weed. (But I get what you were saying...and actually, weed would be even less harmful than tobacco.)

Edited by Bubbles from Sunnyvale

I don't know FleaMoulds99 :(

Its an index used to measure the amount of aggressive stupidity on display in a thread or in the shoutbox. FleaMoulds 50 is neutral. A reading above 50 means the thread is trending toward aggressive stupidity while a reading below 50 suggests civil and even intelligent discussion. FleaMoulds99 is about as aggressively stupid as you can get, only exceeded by FleaMoulds100. The index fails to capture the extremes represented in the tails of a normal distribution but is effective between 5 and 95. For levels of stupidity beyond FleaMoulds95, I recommend the log normal scaling of the dog90210 scale.

Its an index used to measure the amount of aggressive stupidity on display in a thread or in the shoutbox. FleaMoulds 50 is neutral. A reading above 50 means the thread is trending toward aggressive stupidity while a reading below 50 suggests civil and even intelligent discussion. FleaMoulds99 is about as aggressively stupid as you can get, only exceeded by FleaMoulds100. The index fails to capture the extremes represented in the tails of a normal distribution but is effective between 5 and 95. For levels of stupidity beyond FleaMoulds95, I recommend the log normal scaling of the dog90210 scale.

this makes perfect sense to me, sadly! Edited by YoloinOhio

So did JP Losman...he asked me for a lighter once outside PJ Bottoms when I was visiting a friend at school. Lee Evans was with him, don't think he was smoking though.

Hookahs are no big deal...nothing illegal, not nearly as harmful as cigarettes.

(I ran a smoke shop in Myrtle Beach, SC, for 2 years...at least it's not bath salts or herbal incense, that stuff is deadly.)

PS...This IS "totally harmless," because it's not weed. (But I get what you were saying...and actually, weed would be even less harmful than tobacco.)

No athletes smoke more than Russian hockey goaltenders.

Seriously.

Nikolai Khabibulin used to pay hundreds of dollars to have 2 freaking cartons of his favorite Russian cigarettes shipped over every week. Pretty sure Nabokov was the same way.

EDIT: now that I think about it, didn't Tom Brady get caught smoking several years back?

EDIT 2: yes, apparently so:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/02/05/693242/-Photo-Reveals-Tom-Brady-Smoking-a-Cigarette#

Edited by thebandit27

:lol:

Seriously.

Nikolai Khabibulin used to pay hundreds of dollars to have 2 freaking cartons of his favorite Russian cigarettes shipped over every week. Pretty sure Nabokov was the same way.

EDIT: now that I think about it, didn't Tom Brady get caught smoking several years back?

EDIT 2: yes, apparently so:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/02/05/693242/-Photo-Reveals-Tom-Brady-Smoking-a-Cigarette#

that brady thing is a joke, right? Criminal charges? It reads like something from the Onion.

Ok, several pages in, I just want to be clear. We're all aware this is tobacco, correct? I hate that I have to post this and by doing so extend the length of this absurd thread. If it was weed, we could argue that it's safer than alcohol. But this is so nothing that we can't even have fun with that argument for the 700th time. Sometimes, I just hate....

Back in the day, when Sabres players were getting on their bus waiting to go to the airport you could have sworn the thing was on fire by the amount of cigarette smoke coming out the windows.

The French Connection statue at the FNC should have butts hanging out of the guy's mouths to be truly accurate....

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101007/SPORTS02/310079968&template=printart

"Perreault will forever be known in these parts as the greatest player in franchise history and the centerpiece of the French Connection. Little did fans know he was a chain smoker whose pregame meal was five cups of coffee and a pack of cigarettes.

His hours before playing the Canadiens were often spent chatting with Guy Lafleur, his rival.

"It was literally a pack,"Rip said. "People don't believe me when I tell them these guys had their own ashtrays on the road with their numbers on them. Gilbert, Jerry Korab, Rene [Robert], Rico [Rick Martin], all of them.

Now, they have six beers [for the entire team] after a game. Back then, it was more like six cases."

Edited by Lurker

In this case, its definitely bad. Players get suspended for smoking weed. I personally have no issues with weed, but we're not the NFL. And even if he's not smoking weed, it looks like he might be, and the old crusty guys are definitely going to be ordered up a random drug test on Sammy. He was dumb to bring that attention on himself.

The guy's been busted for weed before. This brings attention to him, and possibly a drug test from the NFL to make SURE it's not weed. That's why we should give a ****. On the chance that smoked a little weed lately, this hookah post could trigger some testing events that could result in discipline.

The NFL drugs test are notoriously easy to beat. That genius Aaron Hernandez beat the test year in year out, so I am not worried about Sammy beating a pot test as there are windows of time when they can test you and they can't go outside those windows. Hookah is simply a type of pipe, tons of public places have flavored tobacco out of them I myself have gone to tons of them in NYC and Northern NJ.

This is the biggest waste of time for anyone to pay attention to. They have shown people smoking hookah pipes on TV all the time.

Edited by billsfan89

If he is getting stoned and watching nba playoffs hit me up Sammy. My kind of party. Wooo

If it's hookah then the OP is beyond hilarious with his message to the kids angle. If it was Garth Brooks instead of hip hop playing would it be better for the kids ? 10 sec vid let's all go nutso!

I thought long and hard about how to respond to this. Many layers here. All I can say is I'm a parent and I wouldn't want my kid watching that. I guess it's a matter of perspective, and it's subjective to a degree.

I don't understand the folks that can completely dismiss this as a non-issue, but I respect your opinion. Clearly it's worth discussing or we wouldn't have so much chatter on the subject.

:wallbash:

?

Come on. I feel like this is just piling on. I know what a blunt is. It doesn't look like a friggin cigar. It looks likes a fat paper joint. Just stop.

Apologies for starting this tread.

Back in the day, when Sabres players were getting on their bus waiting to go to the airport you could have sworn the thing was on fire by the amount of cigarette smoke coming out the windows.

The French Connection statue at the FNC should have butts hanging out of the guy's mouths to be truly accurate....

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101007/SPORTS02/310079968&template=printart

"Perreault will forever be known in these parts as the greatest player in franchise history and the centerpiece of the French Connection. Little did fans know he was a chain smoker whose pregame meal was five cups of coffee and a pack of cigarettes.

His hours before playing the Canadiens were often spent chatting with Guy Lafleur, his rival.

"It was literally a pack,"Rip said. "People don't believe me when I tell them these guys had their own ashtrays on the road with their numbers on them. Gilbert, Jerry Korab, Rene [Robert], Rico [Rick Martin], all of them.

Now, they have six beers [for the entire team] after a game. Back then, it was more like six cases."

I remember Nate Newton stating in a Sports Illustrated article that back in the Cowboys Super Bowl years during training camp they would send the rookies out to get cases of beer and fried chicken from KFC for their post practice meals. Overall nutrition and health wasn't nearly as big of a deal or monitored back then like it is nowadays

If your livelihood depended on catching passes from Meh Cassell and EJ you would be looking for legal relaxation techniques too.

Yoga.

and breath

Who the hell cares. It's safer to do that that go out drinking yet nobody has an issue with the guys having a few beers. It's idiotic

its the posting that drive us old farts nuts.

do we have a picture tweet with him having a few beers to compare notes ?

No.

because he is a PotHead !

I thought long and hard about how to respond to this. Many layers here. All I can say is I'm a parent and I wouldn't want my kid watching that. I guess it's a matter of perspective, and it's subjective to a degree.

I don't understand the folks that can completely dismiss this as a non-issue, but I respect your opinion. Clearly it's worth discussing or we wouldn't have so much chatter on the subject.

?

Come on. I feel like this is just piling on. I know what a blunt is. It doesn't look like a friggin cigar. It looks likes a fat paper joint. Just stop.

Apologies for starting this tread.

Hey!

Don't be.

got a lot of dialogue from this subject.

Interesting poll via opinion.

never take this place too serious. when you frame it around your children you have made it a personal thing for you.

Its just a media blip for most in this fast paced age of interconnectivity.

Honestly i thought the picture turned out a poor choice. But i am willing to bet it was not meant as any flaunting.

As our Kids will do we hope/help them learn. I bet he has no idea the possible spin from such a picture.

As proven out here.

; )

Yoga.

and breath

its the posting that drive us old farts nuts.

do we have a picture tweet with him having a few beers to compare notes ?

No.

because he is a PotHead !

Hey!

Don't be.

got a lot of dialogue from this subject.

Interesting poll via opinion.

never take this place too serious. when you frame it around your children you have made it a personal thing for you.

Its just a media blip for most in this fast paced age of interconnectivity.

Honestly i thought the picture turned out a poor choice. But i am willing to bet it was not meant as any flaunting.

As our Kids will do we hope/help them learn. I bet he has no idea the possible spin from such a picture.

As proven out here.

; )

👍

I think there are plenty of things to worry about without getting too worked up over a player smoking tobacco. No, it's not ideal, but in the grand scheme of things it's pretty minor.

Well I think you understand I was responding to his ridiculous post insinuating my opinion somehow meant I was sounding an alarm.

However since you responded to me - there's been a lot of minor things that have basically changed how we feel about a lot of things, and as I look back it's not for the better.

I know that this is going to sound made up here but Hogan smokes cigarettes. I'm not a fan but it's true (at least when he is drinking). My buddy (and diehard Bills fan) ran into him in Vegas like 2 months ago. He asked him for a picture and drunk Hogan told him to "eff off." Ha ha, I thought it was hilarious.

At any rate, a lot of these guys go to Hookah bars occasionally. It's not a big deal at all IMO. It probably wasn't too smart to put out that video but I'm not concerned about the act. We aren't far from the league lifting the ban on weed all together and then this will be totally harmless.

Bothers me more that Hogan would tell a diehard fan to "eff off". Was the fan polite or a jerk?

Hogan seems like a solid guy in his interviews. Is his stardom as the number 5 receiver on a 'run first' offense getting to his head?

Bothers me more that Hogan would tell a diehard fan to "eff off". Was the fan polite or a jerk?

Hogan seems like a solid guy in his interviews. Is his stardom as the number 5 receiver on a 'run first' offense getting to his head?

I'm sure that my buddy was drinking too. He is the guy that ends up with pictures of everyone; he gets them in the airport the day after games. I would imagine that he wasn't shy about asking (ie may have interrupted a conversation or something). I'd also imagine that gets old after a while for athletes (not that I think that Chris Hogan is constantly being badgered for autograph requests). He may have just had a bad day or something.

It was funny though because as you all know I am not a big Hogan fan. We have a group that watches all of the games together and they always give me a hard time about it. There is a group text and out of the blue one day he was telling the story and said what an a-hole CH was. Ha ha, at least I'm not the only one in our group that doesn't love him. The one guy has his jersey.

Is that code for smoking weed? Lol. Seriously though, I know it's probably fine, but at first glance it looks like he's getting high watching the basketball game. Seems like a risky FB post to me.

Only a risk to people like you who think everything someone does could be illegal.

I'm sure that my buddy was drinking too. He is the guy that ends up with pictures of everyone; he gets them in the airport the day after games. I would imagine that he wasn't shy about asking (ie may have interrupted a conversation or something). I'd also imagine that gets old after a while for athletes (not that I think that Chris Hogan is constantly being badgered for autograph requests). He may have just had a bad day or something.

It was funny though because as you all know I am not a big Hogan fan. We have a group that watches all of the games together and they always give me a hard time about it. There is a group text and out of the blue one day he was telling the story and said what an a-hole CH was. Ha ha, at least I'm not the only one in our group that doesn't love him. The one guy has his jersey.

i mentioned earlier that Boobie Dixon posted some tweets that same night that fans took exception to, and it was about what you said about people coming up to him. He talked about "male groupies" in Buffalo and that he was out somewhere trying to talk to a girl and a guy came up to him wanting a picture. I'm not sure what happened, if he asked the guy to wait and he kept pursuing it or what, but Dixon seemed really pissed. He got backlash and then defended himself.