ESPN, really? Bills 8-8, Fins favorite in East if Brady Susp

I really don't put much stock in preseason predictions, but this one has me scratching my head. In the insider piece on the Dolphins becoming the AFC East favorite, if Brady is suspended for any considerable time, they lauded the Dolphins as their pick - mainly due to their FA signings.

This is what they said about the Bills:

"The Bills last year had a bad offense and a great, underrated defense. Now that Rex Ryan is in charge, they are likely to have a bad offense and a great, properly rated defense."

So, an offense that went 9-7 (and was a Bryce Brown goal line fumble away from 10-6) and added Clay, Felton, Incognito, McCoy and Harvin will be worse?

Make some sense of that for me, will ya boys?

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To play Devils advocate. We were also a full game worth of starters vs. the Pats** to being 8-8 as well.

The Bills have been middling for years now. That means a couple of bounces one way or another we could have been a disaster or very good.

Until we prove otherwise we are what we are. I am high on this roster but also accept the prior statement.

Well, the Bills traded for McCoy and the Fins signed Suh.

The Bills signed Harvin...Fins signed Suh.

Bills, Clay...Fins, Suh.

Bills get Harvin...Suh.

Felton...Suh.

Incognito...Suh.

Resigned Hughes...Suh.

As you can see the Fins won the off-season.

Before the whole Brady discipline stuff they projected:

Patriots* 11-5

Dolphins 11-5

Bills 8-8

Jets 6-10

So obviously if the Pats* lose Brady the Dolphins are the favorites in their eyes. Also worth nothing, these record projections were made to be used by McShay to put out his 2016 mock draft, where he has the AFC Championship game being Pats* vs Phins. So all in all there is a lot of AFC East love going around.

To play Devils advocate. We were also a full game worth of starters vs. the Pats** to being 8-8 as well.

The Bills have been middling for years now. That means a couple of bounces one way or another we could have been a disaster or very good.

Until we prove otherwise we are what we are. I am high on this roster but also accept the prior statement.

Always bet disaster.

And if Brady's suspended, that game should be a win, making it even with last year.

Why is the last Pats game so often marked as a loss for us? We were winning the first half, we were on a bit of a hot streak outside of the Raiders game. If anything it should be marked as not counting. So that makes us 8-7. But then if we play Devils advocate for us, instead of against us... Brown doesn't fumble in KC, we are 10-6 and make the playoffs. EJ doesn't get picked off by Superman, we're up to 11-5... OMG :o

We finished 9-7, every team gets a couple good luck, and a couple bad luck games. I don't see why the Bills deserve to have their fortunes taken away, when no one else has that saddled upon them.

Before the whole Brady discipline stuff they projected:

Patriots* 11-5

Dolphins 11-5

Bills 8-8

Jets 6-10

So obviously if the Pats* lose Brady the Dolphins are the favorites in their eyes. Also worth nothing, these record projections were made to be used by McShay to put out his 2016 mock draft, where he has the AFC Championship game being Pats* vs Phins. So all in all there is a lot of AFC East love going around.

So whether Brady's suspended or not, the Bills go 8-8?

Proven QB = better team

rinse and repeat

rinse and repeat

rinse and repeat

Well, the Bills traded for McCoy and the Fins signed Suh.

The Bills signed Harvin...Fins signed Suh.

Bills, Clay...Fins, Suh.

Bills get Harvin...Suh.

Felton...Suh.

Incognito...Suh.

Resigned Hughes...Suh.

As you can see the Fins won the off-season.

Yep....pretty much. It doesnt matter that the fins lost their top 100 TE and replaced him with a TE one hit away from concussion syndom....then traded away the rest of their offense.......

it doesnt matter that the bills ALREADY HAD the best defensive DT's in football......and the fins added ONE of the best

it doesnt matter that the bills have loaded up on offensive firepower

Our QB situation is not settled.......so therefore.....we lose