Rd 5 pick 155 RB Karlos Williams Florida State

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think that there's a lot to be said for Buffalo's support structure.

Guys don't seem to get in trouble here.

Kiko, Duke, Seantrel, and a few others had issues before coming here, and they've mostly managed to stay on the straight and narrow.

Kiko, Duke, Seantrel, and a few others had issues before coming here, and they've mostly managed to stay on the straight and narrow.

It's a pretty short window. We've also seen guys like marshawn... Dareus having issues... I like the pick but we will see how the support system goes as we test it with more guys and long term.

This guy really seems like a thug. I know he got off, but where there's a lot of smoke, there is usually some fire. Oh well.

i don't know all of what happened with Karlos since he wasnt charged with anything but Marshawn lynch ran over a girl and took off... Among other things. And many (not saying you are one) are still mad the Bills traded him and said he deserved another chance which the Seahawks were more than happy to give him for a 4th. I'm guessing this is Karlos's "chance" and the bills won't hesitate to move on if he displays behaviors like that again, as its a late round pick. Edited by YoloinOhio

Karlos MIGHT end up being useful, perhaps even good.... Still, I feel the Colts got our guy in JOSH ROBINSON. IMO, J-Rob is too instinctive, and plays too hard not to make somebody's 53.... this kid seals deals. behind a pro O-line, he'll be lethal.

i don't know all of what happened with Karlos since he wasnt charged with anything but Marshawn lynch ran over a girl and took off...

Let's get our facts straight here. He did not "run over" a girl on Chippewa Street. If you've ever driven down there on a Saturday night, it's like an open pedestrian mall with drunks tottering around with zero regard for traffic. Apparently he bumped a girl in the hip and had no idea that he'd hit anyone. A lot different than running someone over...

"It was raining real hard, there was a dancing pedestrian in the middle of the street," the 22-year-old Lynch said before the hearing. "I slowed down to let her go and continued on my way home. I didn't know my car had hit anyone or anything."

During the hearing, Police Officer Allan Kasprzak said the woman Lynch struck, Kimberly Shpeley, bruised a hip and required seven stitches for a cut on her thigh.

Edited by Lurker

Let's get our facts straight her. He did not "run over" a girl on Chippewa Street. If you've ever driven down there on a Saturday night, it's like an open pedestrian mall with drunks tottering around with zero regard for traffic. Apparently he bumped a girl in the hip and had no idea that he'd hit anyone. A lot different than running someone over...

"It was raining real hard, there was a dancing pedestrian in the middle of the street," the 22-year-old Lynch said before the hearing. "I slowed down to let her go and continued on my way home. I didn't know my car had hit anyone or anything."

During the hearing, Police Officer Allan Kasprzak said the woman Lynch struck, Kimberly Shpeley, bruised a hip and required seven stitches for a cut on her thigh.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3463965

i see... This is not what I read on TSW ;)

that is where I am curious what will happen to someone like Kiko down with Kelly now.

I know the kid seems to have a shady situation or 2 in his background but his conference call is really worth a listen. He's so enthusiastic,Ioves special teams, tossed out examples of when they were critical in certain Nfl games, gushed about Fred... Just seemed like a guy who loves the game and loves to compete. Had had to compete at FSU for playing time with all the talent there.

It's on WGR app and can't figure out how to link but I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread

Edited by YoloinOhio

This pick and to an extent, the Darby pick, was a pick for 2016 and beyond, not 2015. Williams is a bit raw, but has loads of potential. McCoy is the guy for at least 2015-17. In the mean time, Fred is 34, and his contract, Dixon's contract and Brown's contract are all up either after this season or next season. At CB, Gilmore is due a payday and Graham and McKelvin are almost 30. Graham has shown he can transition to safety, Leodis is probably toast after 2015. You have to get younger and cheaper to afford paying big money to Mario, Dareus, Hughes, Gilmore, Clay, etc.

This is what good teams do. They draft for depth and development BEFORE they have holes. Drafting for need is what causes you to reach and whiff (see Manuel,EJ or Maybin, Aaron)

Edited by JM57

I know the kid seems to have a shady situation or 2 in his background but his conference call is really worth a listen. He's so enthusiastic,Ioves special teams, tossed out examples of when they were critical in certain Nfl games, gushed about Fred... Just seemed like a guy who loves the game and loves to compete. Had had to compete at FSU for playing time with all the talent there.

It's on WGR app and can't figure out how to link but I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread

This it?

http://media.wgr550.com/a/104660291/rb-karlos-williams-conference-call.htm

This pick and to an extent, the Darby pick, was a pick for 2016 and beyond, not 2015. Williams is a bit raw, but has loads of potential. McCoy is the guy for at least 2015-17. In the mean time, Fred is 34, and his contract, Dixon's contract and Brown's contract are all up either after this season or next season. At CB, Gilmore is due a payday and Graham and McKelvin are almost 30. Graham has shown he can transition to safety, Leodis is probably toast after 2015. You have to get younger and cheaper to afford paying big money to Mario, Dareus, Hughes, Gilmore, Clay, etc.

This is what good teams do. They draft for depth and development BEFORE they have holes. Drafting for need is what causes you to reach and whiff (see Manuel,EJ or Maybin, Aaron)

I agree. Our FA period put together a functional team. Apart from Miller I don't expect anyone we drafted to start right away. But with big contracts coming up, this draft let's us roll with injuries.

I'm excited about what I've seen from Karlos.

Listened to the above link and watched more highlights... I'm really excited about this guy. He's my official favorite pick of the draft (though I generally know nothing of college players hah). He displays good vision, from what I can tell... has patience, and turns on the burners at the right time. Isn't afraid of contact. Will get low to meet 2nd level players to push through them. Makes clean cuts, but doesn't dance around and run backwards it seems. But again, this is just from highlights... for all I know, the non highlights he's screwing the pooch every play. I think his power running style will work with Roman's designs quite nicely. Since I don't have any attachment to Brown, I kinda hope Williams makes the team instead of Brown if they only have room for 3 RBs.

Edit: Found game clips... the above stands... he sometimes gets tackled a bit too easy in the legs because of his height, but that's just the downside of his size. Also, I notice a lot of defenders take bad angles on him... I assume, partially, because it's college ball, but I also wonder if it's because he has deceptive speed.

Also, then there's highlights of his defensive/special teams:

Edited by Dorkington

People may disagree with me, but I think I try to stay pretty consistent. I hate double standards. I hate when people pump up guys like Derek Carr when EJ had at worst (and probably better) rookie season. Incognito was a POS and that doesn't change because he's on the Bills. I thought Spikes was a scumbag on the Pats and I'm not going to pretend like he wasn't just because he signed with the Bills. TO was a cancer to teams and I wasn't going to be a fan just because he signed here.

That said, if Williams was drafted by the Pats, we would rip him. He sounds like he might be a piece of crap. I hope this stuff isn't true (where there is enough smoke, there's fire) and he grows up. But I like rooting for non-scumbags and if I was in charge, I won't draft guys like this. There are enough good character football players out there.