Jon Stewart on Tom Brady...EPIC

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a difference though between an informed opinion and an ignorant one. You're coming at it from the point of pure ignorance, which is your right and is fine. No one should be forced to watch Stewart. But smart people who don't watch it don't comment on the content of the show.

So, you know, try to have informed opinions rather than silly ones.

That's a perfectly reasonable and informed opinion to have.

I don't watch the show but I too have seen a ton of clips and would I be ignorant if I said I don't like his schtick because he uses profanity for the sole purpose of getting a laugh?

But who cares what that retard thinks?

Leave gator out of this.

I remember reading an article about how the typical liberal is stuck in a bubble.

...the average liberal is raised by left-leaning parents, attend a left-leaning public school system, watch left-leaning hollywood movies and tv shows, go to left-leaning universities, and end up working in left-leaning coffee shops after graduation.

Jon Stewart is the most conservative opinion they hear. Don't blame them for getting angry once the bubble is burst. Many prefer to stay in it.

I remember reading an article about how the typical liberal is stuck in a bubble.

...the average liberal is raised by left-leaning parents, attend a left-leaning public school system, watch left-leaning hollywood movies and tv shows, go to left-leaning universities, and end up working in left-leaning coffee shops after graduation.

Jon Stewart is the most conservative opinion they hear. Don't blame them for getting angry once the bubble is burst. Many prefer to stay in it.

Come on, they expand their horizons by reading The Atlantic, Vox and Huffington Post on the web. And then they post those inane articles onto their Facebook feed and 'like' all the same crap posted by their friends.

Come on, they expand their horizons by reading The Atlantic, Vox and Huffington Post on the web. And then they post those inane articles onto their Facebook feed and 'like' all the same crap posted by their friends.

I was told by a liberal poster earlier in this thread that discussion with a conservative was basically futile for him since his mind could not be changed. He said he preferred to join in with like thinking friends and just make fun of conservatives. Then he proceeded to lambaste conservatives for being gravity deniers (?), unsympathetic towards the less fortunate and valued Rush Limbaugh over scientists. It amazes me that these close minded people could have taken the one time good words of "liberal" and "progressive" and co-opted them for their own identity. They value the "D" after a person's name more than their actual policies, philosophy and deeds. Do you remember when General Petraeus became General Betrayus when he was associated with Bush but then became a good guy again when Obama promoted him? This sums them up in a nutshell.

I was told by a liberal poster earlier in this thread that discussion with a conservative was basically futile for him since his mind could not be changed. He said he preferred to join in with like thinking friends and just make fun of conservatives. Then he proceeded to lambaste conservatives for being gravity deniers (?), unsympathetic towards the less fortunate and valued Rush Limbaugh over scientists. It amazes me that these close minded people could have taken the one time good words of "liberal" and "progressive" and co-opted them for their own identity. They value the "D" after a person's name more than their actual policies, philosophy and deeds. Do you remember when General Petraeus became General Betrayus when he was associated with Bush but then became a good guy again when Obama promoted him? This sums them up in a nutshell.

Are we going with the passive aggressive approach today? :D

The opposite case can be made just as easily.

Us vs. them is the lowest form of politics. Watching you and metz discuss politics is like Yankee fans and Red Sox fans arguing about whose fans are smarter or classier.

Well, even though he doesn't come to this sub-forum, you've been sparing with the thinnest skinned liberal on this entire site, so the results haven't been very surprising. Even the vaguest hint of something political brings an immediate lefty comment from him on the main board (as was the case in this thread).

Us vs. them is the lowest form of politics. Watching you and metz discuss politics is like Yankee fans and Red Sox fans arguing about whose fans are smarter or classier.

Not even close. I will gladly listen to a well reasoned argument from a liberal, if they can come up with one. Metz has already stated that he would never change his mind on something so I would assume he means that if he was proven wrong, without a shadow of a doubt, he would still stick to his opinion. That reminds me of Duckdog and the Trayvon case in which he refused to take any new evidence into account and stuck to the hunting and gunning down narrative. I did appreciate the epic knockdown battles you used to have with Duckdog in the Shoutbox though. It was exciting to watch you two go back and forth, never knowing who might win.

Are we going with the passive aggressive approach today? :D

Naw, live bait.

or more humble.

Not even close. I will gladly listen to a well reasoned argument from a liberal, if they can come up with one. Metz has already stated that he would never change his mind on something so I would assume he means that if he was proven wrong, without a shadow of a doubt, he would still stick to his opinion. That reminds me of Duckdog and the Trayvon case in which he refused to take any new evidence into account and stuck to the hunting and gunning down narrative. I did appreciate the epic knockdown battles you used to have with Duckdog in the Shoutbox though. It was exciting to watch you two go back and forth, never knowing who might win.

Naw, live bait.

I'm guessing you find Globetrotters games to be pretty suspenseful as well. Got any more viral e-mails from 1996 describing how liberals are dumber than 3rd graders that you'd like to share with us?

Well, even though he doesn't come to this sub-forum, you've been sparing with the thinnest skinned liberal on this entire site, so the results haven't been very surprising. Even the vaguest hint of something political brings an immediate lefty comment from him on the main board (as was the case in this thread).

i believe that my comment about the fact that i did not find stewart funny kind of took the thread off course. it certainly brought out the libs for sure. in my perfect world all bills fans would be right of center regarding their political stance, but i see that is far from the case.JMHO, but i find the libs on here to be a bit caustic,

i believe that my comment about the fact that i did not find stewart funny kind of took the thread off course. it certainly brought out the libs for sure. in my perfect world all bills fans would be right of center regarding their political stance, but i see that is far from the case.JMHO, but i find the libs on here to be a bit caustic,

How dare you have your own opinion about a comedian political commentator comedian.