Top Posters In This Topic

LT - Tyron Smith age 24 First team ALL -PRO

LG - Ronald Leary age 26

C- Travis Frederick age 24 First team ALL-PRO

RG- Zach Martin age 24 First team ALL-PRO

RT- La'el Collins age 21

Frederick was 2nd team all pro...Pouncey (Pit) was 1st team

Collins' agent says he never intended to sit out the year if he was drafted:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/15/report-rams-almost-took-lael-collins-in-seventh-round/

well, not shocking. i voted worth the risk as it was a pretty good chance that was the case.

though the agent should just have stayed quiet about it and given a stock "we were making the best decisions we could for our client and wouldve continued to do so" vague answer.

well, not shocking. i voted worth the risk as it was a pretty good chance that was the case.

though the agent should just have stayed quiet about it and given a stock "we were making the best decisions we could for our client and wouldve continued to do so" vague answer.

yeah, kind of arrogant to run his mouth now. But, you know agents. Always trying to show they have the upper hand.

It's easy to say that now. If the Raiders for example used a 7th round pick on him what would he have done?

not to be blunt, but who cares if they used it and he sat out?

in the same sense that you keep da'rick over hogan, you take a shot at la'el there - right?

not to be blunt, but who cares if they used it and he sat out?

in the same sense that you keep da'rick over hogan, you take a shot at la'el there - right?

100%, it is Seantrel all over again in a lot of ways. Here is a 1st round talent with some questions off the field (in Collins' case maybe unwarranted). Do you take Kyle Calloway who on his best day will be Kyle Calloway or do you take a guy that can be a good starter. There is just so little risk involved.

The late round OL in the last decade: Seantrel, Calloway, Merz, Asper, Pennington and Bell. You take the guy with the talent because you can always find one of those other scrubs to be a camp body of needed.

so he wa lying before but now he's telling the truth? He's trying to regain some integrity for future negotiations with other teams.

by telling them he will bluff and lie, but if they stand their ground they will get what they want in the end?

People are not seriously believing what his agent is saying NOW.....

Christ.....think people

so wed be dumb to believe him now that he has nothing to gain, but itd be silly to think he would bluff to get something a little better when theres still a game being played?

im not arguing it to be stone cold fact, but it certainly fair to think he might have signed if drafted.

The best case for Collins, after not getting drafted in the first 3 rounds, was going undrafted, so he could get a new, potentially huge, deal after 2 years. So I have no doubt his agent put it out there that he wouldn't have signed if drafted after day 2, whether explicitly telling teams this or through a "source."

Edited by Doc

It was a horrible situation, but in my opinion if he wanted to be drafted Collins and his agent couldn't possibly have played it any worse.

I think that he wanted to be draft in rounds 1-3 or not get drafted at all. I actually think that they played it about as well as they could have once he started to slide.

I actually think that they played it about as well as they could have once he started to slide.

Absolutely. He gets to choose a very good team--one that's close to his home town--with a great OL, so there's little pressure for him to be a difference maker from day one. That's about a good as it gets in the NFL...