has anyone ever known a sociopath?

been to a million therapists, makes no difference. he's a good kid but never connects his actions with consequences. he only can think about what he wants at the moment.

Does he blame others for his lies? How old is he?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been to a million therapists, makes no difference. he's a good kid but never connects his actions with consequences. he only can think about what he wants at the moment.

I have aspergers as well and exhibited those tendencies as a kid, I grew out of it. A lot of times aspies get misdiagnosed as socios or narcissists. If you have any questions you can PM me. I'm 37 and like I said I grew out of all of that.

And no, Wacka, I'm not one. :censored:

The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

I think one of my friends might be one. He does seem to care about a select few people, but I don't know if he has any genuine empathy for anyone. He pretty shamelessly conned or took advantage of about anyone He could in his late teens and early 20s, including people who did a lot to help him. He's gotten a lot better about that stuff, but that might just be because he wants to maintain relationships for his own gratification rather than for any concern for the well being of others.

That's not sociopathy. That's just general nuttiness.

And yes, I have known a true sociopath, though not a criminal sociopath. Subtly, but extremely, abusive. She was a great help to me in teaching me that many of my problems with women were not my fault ("Wait a minute...this is nuts. I didn't possibly do anything to deserve this ****.") My relationships were much healthier after her.

Yes. Sociopathy is basically a lack of foresight and empathy towards others. It doesn't have to include stabby-stabby behavior - usually doesn't, in fact.

So basically anyone in the highest level of government? They are stabby-stabby they just get someone else to do it.

I have aspergers as well and exhibited those tendencies as a kid, I grew out of it. A lot of times aspies get misdiagnosed as socios or narcissists. If you have any questions you can PM me. I'm 37 and like I said I grew out of all of that.

Man I hope so, He's 18 now and has taken about 2000 from my wife over the years and took her card a month ago. He took money from me once and he knows if it were to happen again he's dead. He knows mom is a pushover so he keeps taking from her.

I have aspergers as well and so does my other son, my mom, uncle, sister, and one of her kids. None of them realize it (except my kids because we got therapy right away). After studying the condition I realized I had it too. I used to tell people what ever I thought weather they liked it or not because I thought the truth was more important but I figured out that I could get my point across without being a rude a-hole, which I'm sure most here think I still am :D .

That's not sociopathy. That's just general nuttiness.

And yes, I have known a true sociopath, though not a criminal sociopath. Subtly, but extremely, abusive. She was a great help to me in teaching me that many of my problems with women were not my fault ("Wait a minute...this is nuts. I didn't possibly do anything to deserve this ****.") My relationships were much healthier after her.

Yes. Sociopathy is basically a lack of foresight and empathy towards others. It doesn't have to include stabby-stabby behavior - usually doesn't, in fact.

well that's him.

Does he blame others for his lies? How old is he?

18, no he knows it's his fault but says he can't stop himself.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

A former coworker of mine had a step son who turned out to be a sociopath. Same grade as my son and they went to the same school. The first time I met the boy, on back to school / meet the teacher night, I could tell in an instant that the kid wasn't right. My son said the same.

For several years after, my coworker would share the stories of the boy, junior high age, getting in all sorts of trouble. He was in and out of juvie and therapy. It came to the point that my coworker installed locks on the rest of the familys bedroom doors because he constantly stole from his family Nd they were scared of him.

Two years ago, his freshman year, at 15 years old, this kid broke into a home just a few blocks away from his own home to burglarized the place. This is a nice middle class suburb. The homeowners adult daughter was in town for a visit and she arrived home while this kid was ransacking the place. He had come across a 22 rifle. He shot the woman four times. Dead. Then continued to scout for more valuables. This happened in the middle of the day while he was supposed to be in school. Afterword, he walked home and acted like it was just a normal day.

I dont remember how he got caught, but they linked him to the crime in just a few hours. He is locked up now. During his trial, there arose jail house videos and interviews of the kid laughing it off with the other kids, and just basically showing no remorse whatsoever.

The time I met him, I could just tell that this boy was completely disengaged from the world. He wasn't rude, or disrespectful, but he never looked you in the eyes. Even when he spoke, his eyes and his thoughts darted from one place to the next. He was the most emotionless young person I ever met. Sad. If he ever gets out of jail, I won't be a bit surprised if he continues doing the same bad stuff.

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

Lighten up... Francis.

I think one of my friends might be one. He does seem to care about a select few people, but I don't know if he has any genuine empathy for anyone. He pretty shamelessly conned or took advantage of about anyone He could in his late teens and early 20s, including people who did a lot to help him. He's gotten a lot better about that stuff, but that might just be because he wants to maintain relationships for his own gratification rather than for any concern for the well being of others.

Dumb question but why would you be friends with a person like that?

A former coworker of mine had a step son who turned out to be a sociopath. Same grade as my son and they went to the same school. The first time I met the boy, on back to school / meet the teacher night, I could tell in an instant that the kid wasn't right. My son said the same.

For several years after, my coworker would share the stories of the boy, junior high age, getting in all sorts of trouble. He was in and out of juvie and therapy. It came to the point that my coworker installed locks on the rest of the familys bedroom doors because he constantly stole from his family Nd they were scared of him.

Two years ago, his freshman year, at 15 years old, this kid broke into a home just a few blocks away from his own home to burglarized the place. This is a nice middle class suburb. The homeowners adult daughter was in town for a visit and she arrived home while this kid was ransacking the place. He had come across a 22 rifle. He shot the woman four times. Dead. Then continued to scout for more valuables. This happened in the middle of the day while he was supposed to be in school. Afterword, he walked home and acted like it was just a normal day.

I dont remember how he got caught, but they linked him to the crime in just a few hours. He is locked up now. During his trial, there arose jail house videos and interviews of the kid laughing it off with the other kids, and just basically showing no remorse whatsoever.

The time I met him, I could just tell that this boy was completely disengaged from the world. He wasn't rude, or disrespectful, but he never looked you in the eyes. Even when he spoke, his eyes and his thoughts darted from one place to the next. He was the most emotionless young person I ever met. Sad. If he ever gets out of jail, I won't be a bit surprised if he continues doing the same bad stuff.

That is one of the scariest stories I have ever read on this board.

I had a very close friend like that for about 30 years. Best man at my wedding, in fact. We became friends (best friends, really) at 10. So I guess one can "understand" that one of his friends has "flaws."

About 3 years ago, he crossed a line by being inappropriate toward a friend of mine's wife. He then crossed another line by being inappropriate (all happened within same incident) with my friend's 15-year-old daughter. All of the inappropriateness occurred on Facebook.

Once he found out who he was messing with and that he could likely be in some trouble, he called me and asked me to lie for him. Wanted me to say he was out at a bar and his phone was picked up and someone else "did the talking." I told him no way. I told him he should be arrested. I finished with telling him to never contact me or anyone in my family again.

He kept calling and texting me. Finally I answered and told him, and I quote, "If you don't knock it off, you're done. I'm calling the cops on you, too."

He called the State Police and asked them to arrest me for threatening him. They never contacted me. The only reason I knew is because the police were already in discussion with the friend whose wife he harassed. They told him that he tried to have me arrested and they blew it off.

We've not spoken since. He tried to reach out to me via Facebook and I ignored him.

Not only do I believe he's a sociopath, but I know that he's addicted to prescription medications. He also suffers from anxiety that won't allow him to leave about a 10 mile radius from his home (he now lives with his mom because he's been fired from every job he's ever had; last I'd heard from his father, he was trying to collect SSI). The local doctors and hospital won't give him pain medication anymore. I'd heard that he would drink enough beer to get the "courage" to drive further than 10 miles; then drive drunk to the next-nearest hospital (about 20 min. away) and go to the ER with some phantom pain in order to get more meds.

I feel badly, sometimes, for abandoning him. But after 30 years of his bullschit, I'd finally had it. And with a wife and son to care for, I don't need him bothering any of us. Ever again.

what is the core difference in borderline personality disorder and a sociopath, in particular with a woman, because they seem very very similar....

People with BPD are typically surrounded by chaos of their own making. Rage, self-harm, suicidal behavior, intense emotional outbursts, alternating between idealizing people and devaluing them, extreme emotions, etc. are all symptoms of BPD.

Psychopaths (or sociopath, if you prefer; they're often used interchangably), may be impulsive and have poor behavioral controls, but they typically have blunted affect and are emotionally shallow.

In short, individuals with BPD have a surplus of emotion, while psychopaths have a deficit.

This dude sounds like the average pit bull.

Sucks for the woman that died.

He's fun to drink beer with. And he can't get over on me because I know who I'm dealing with, and he knows I know. Plus, he's a guy to go to the bar or river with, not someone you have over to a couples dinner party.

People with BPD are typically surrounded by chaos of their own making. Rage, self-harm, suicidal behavior, intense emotional outbursts, alternating between idealizing people and devaluing them, extreme emotions, etc. are all symptoms of BPD.

Psychopaths (or sociopath, if you prefer; they're often used interchangably), may be impulsive and have poor behavioral controls, but they typically have blunted affect and are emotionally shallow.

In short, individuals with BPD have a surplus of emotion, while psychopaths have a deficit.

i read that bpd, particularly in women is more dangerous than someone that is a sociopath.... much more emotionally callous and emotionally nuts. and its like you will never win with a bpd woman. no matter what, they get the upper hand...