Prediction Time! What Will Tom Brady's Punishment Be?

361 members have voted

1. 1. What will Tom Brady's penalty be for 'Deflategate'?

• No penalty. The NFL will have a meeting with him, and declare the situation resolved.
    • Small to moderate fine. (Less than $500k)
    • Larger fine. ($500k and above)
    • 1-2 game suspension
    • 3 or more game suspension
    • Lifetime ban.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely nothing.

What would they gain? Even more interest.

yep. It will be hyped ALL summer about how the SB champs would fare without Brady. It would go mainstream due to the Deflategate impact and even non NFL fans would watch.

I'm a walking contradiction. I want Brady* and the pats* to get punished for being the cheating cheaters that they are, but I also want to beat the *pats with Brady* under center -- and I think the Bills can. To have him miss that game will only mean the win "won't count" because Brady* wasn't active.

So I don't know what to root for.

Don't need to apologize for beating teams not at full strength. Cheer for him to be out as long as possible.

Don't need to apologize for beating teams not at full strength. Cheer for him to be out as long as possible.

Correct.

Rule #1 of fighter pilots, for example, is to fight and kill the enemy as unfairly as possible.

He should get a suspension of several games, at the very least, plus a large fine.

In reality, he likely won't be suspended at all, and the league will let him off with a 'large' fine that really doesn't amount to much.

Doubtful.

He'll get his fine and the team will lose picks and then people will stop talking about all of this a week or two after the punishment is handed out.

The whole country is waiting with their pitchforks on this one. The league has come under a lot of scrutiny over discipline. They are going to have to remain consistent with how they determine their penalties. A lot of bountygate precedent will come into play. If people feel like the Patriots got off easy it is really damaging for the league.

We will see, but I'd be willing to bet a lot of money if the punishment is a large fine to Brady and a loss of Draft picks for the Patriots that no one is going to "turn" on the league and stop watching.

They will continue to trend downward in terms of credibility. Optics are really important here. There is a pattern of this behavior and the league has seemingly let them get away with it because the are the Patriots. They consistently compete on the edge of the rules (see the Ravens game) with a smug arrogance that the rules don't apply to them. This is the league's chance to show that everyone is on equal footing.

If lack of institutional control cost Sean Payton a year why should Belicheck go free? If ignorance is not an excuse for New Orleans it can't be here. If Anthony Hargrove got 8 games for lying it's impossible for Brady to get none.

The integrity of the NFL has taken massive hits over the last 5 years. This is the league's chance to either get some of that credibility back or take another gigantic hit in the court of public opinion. Even if they give Brady only 2 games the perception will be that they paid for their actions. As I said earlier optics are important (and probably wouldn't be without the league's prior failures).

The whole country is waiting with their pitchforks on this one. The league has come under a lot of scrutiny over discipline. They are going to have to remain consistent with how they determine their penalties. A lot of bountygate precedent will come into play. If people feel like the Patriots got off easy it is really damaging for the league.

The shield will brush this off Kirby. Make a aggremment in the sauna with "Rog, bob and Tom that it won't happen again because the Patriots have shown us that we need to improve at every level and now every fan will get a free tire pressure gauge on opening day courtesy of the Pats"

The shield will brush this off Kirby. Make a aggremment in the sauna with "Rog, bob and Tom that it won't happen again because the Patriots have shown us that we need to improve at every level and now every fan will get a free tire pressure gauge on opening day courtesy of the Pats"

That is the exact line of thinking that I am talking about (and it isn't just Bills fans). My friends that are Browns, Steelers and Saints fans are on a text chain now discussing it. There are too many eyeballs and too many people judging for the league to look the other way.

I would love a lifetime ban. Or even a huge fine. But this is Brady you are talking about. The one and only. Superman with a good looking wife. If the fawning commentators on every Patriots game I ever watched are correct he will get a bump in salary, multiple endorsement offers, and, when he retires, the Catholic church will make him a saint.